It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I seemingly do this every time the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, but I love looking up the names of the 6 QB's drafted in 2000 ahead of Tom Brady.

1st: Chad Pennington
3rd: Giovanni Carmazzi
3rd: Chris Redman
5th: Tee Martin
6th: Marc Bulger
6th: Spergon Wynn

Patriots 34 Giants 27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Northside_Dan wrote:
I seemingly do this every time the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, but I love looking up the names of the 6 QB's drafted in 2000 ahead of Tom Brady.

Patriots 34 Giants 27

Of those names listed, only 1 of those QBs is on an NFL roster. That's Chris Redman, who currently holds a clipboard for Matt Ryan with the Atlanta Falcons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Northside_Dan wrote:

Tom Brady maybe the G.O.A.T but Giovanni has 6 goats.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Free Ajent wrote:
but Giovanni has 6 goats.

one of which is named Snooki.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I'm mad at myself for both getting that and genuinely laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Northside_Dan wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I'm mad at myself for both getting that and genuinely laughing

:lol:

Me too.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:08 pm 

Seems like everyone I read and listen to thinks the Giants are going to take this deal. I heard today that 60% of the plays in Vegas are on the Giants. Vegas almost always makes money on the Superbowl.

I just do not see any way that the Patriots lose this game. Hoodie will play up to them the disrespected card as they all continue to listen to the talking heads talk about how good the Giants are playing and how the defensive line is going to mess Brady & Co up. Last time they played NE had 4 turnovers and still led the game with 3 mins to go. They will not have 4 turnovers this time around. Brady is going to dominate the game and lead them to a 38 to 21 victory.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Eli will throw for more yards than Brady & the Giants win 27 - 24.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Seems like everyone I read and listen to thinks the Giants are going to take this deal. I heard today that 60% of the plays in Vegas are on the Giants. Vegas almost always makes money on the Superbowl.

I just do not see any way that the Patriots lose this game. Hoodie will play up to them the disrespected card as they all continue to listen to the talking heads talk about how good the Giants are playing and how the defensive line is going to mess Brady & Co up. Last time they played NE had 4 turnovers and still led the game with 3 mins to go. They will not have 4 turnovers this time around. Brady is going to dominate the game and lead them to a 38 to 21 victory.

Even with a healthy Gronkowski this sounds funny.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
The Patriots will play like the underdogs. The Giants have had a tougher road to this point, so they are battle-tested.

The key to this game is Rob Gronkowski.

Patriots 27 - Giants 24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Northside_Dan wrote:

Patriots 34 Giants 27

I'm sure there is a guard or DT on one of the teams you could do this for as well. I'm sick of hearing about this for the last decade. Be good in college and you will get drafted higher. Brady turned out to be good, big freaking deal.

It isnt like people are holding it against him now. The whole motivation factor of it is so meatball, I think people realized you were good after the first couple of SBs or maybe the perfect regular season. Let it the fuck go!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
to me the key for both teams is the ability to run. if either of these teams gets a running game going early it is going to leave the other teams defense VERY vulnerable. if the giants start running at all early in that game, eli could destroy that NE secondary with play action. he is REALLY good at that, it is one of his biggest strengths. i think new england will be extremely vulnerable with even marginal rushing success with bradshaw or jacobs. my guess is that the giants commit totally to the run in the first couple possessions with a lot of 2-TE sets before they start probing into that secondary. on the other side it will be interesting to see if that giants front 7 can contain the patriots running game without having to commit grant, phillips or rolle. those three guys will be charged with containing gronk and hernandez, and i wouldnt be surprised to see corner aaron ross actually line up on hernandez with webster on welker. i dont think NE has a prolific enough running game to force the giants to load up on the run, and if they dont and the giants front four can pressure brady and the giants drop into coverage i think it could be the packers game all over again. when you can drop that many guys in coverage and not have to worry about the running game, i dont care how good you can throw it is going to be hard. and i look at this as though gronk is going to be somewhat healthy to play.

i think the giants have a better chance at success running than the patriots, so i guess i think the giants win this game maybe 31-17 or something like that. and i dont like saying that because i much prefer being the underdog. this game would be tough to swallow if they lose it, because it feels to me like they should win. that is usually a bad warning sign to prepare myself for disappointment. this nice run in the playoffs is all fun bonus time for me anyway, since i confess i thought the giants were flatlined after Washington.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 am 

That NE defense was pretty damn stout against great running teams in the Ravens and Broncos.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Is Ravens offense any good?

Everybody is picking the Giants means they will lose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I'm just focused on the game. The Giants are a tough team. Lots of respect for that group. Coach Coughlin does a great job with that group of players. Eli Manning is a strong quarterback; plays the position well.

The Patriots did a few things during pratice this week. Simulated a few game situations. Gronkowski was limited. He was able to do some things with the team, and had to rest during other drills.

Not really worried about how this places Coach Belichick and Tom Brady in the history books. Just focusing on the game on Sunday. Both guys have had great careers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
That NE defense was pretty damn stout against great running teams in the Ravens and Broncos.

true, but i dont think those teams have high-powered offensive weapons on the outside that demand respect, allowing NE to sell out to stop the run. im just saying that if the giants can run well enough to get NE to commit to stopping them from doing it, it opens up a lot of opportunities in the passing game. that is why, even though they were not very successful at running all year, the giants continued to do it, because play-action is where they flourish. if the giants cant run and the pats get on a roll offensively, the giants are going to be in trouble. my hunch is that the giants can win this game, but like spaulding said since a lot of people like the giants to win i am prepared for disappointment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Is Ravens offense any good?

Everybody is picking the Giants means they will lose.

They have a very good line and one of the best RBs in the NFL. Their passing game is questionable though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 pm 

RFDC wrote:

I havent heard ANYONE pick the Patirots.

RFDC wrote:

From a football standpoint everything says the Giants

Better D
Better Running game
Playing Hot
Brady was awful in the last game
Brady's favorite and by far best target is hurt and nowhere near 100%
The two teams the Pats supposedly improved D had played against in the playoffs have QB's that cant throw a team to victory like Eli can (Tebow, Flacco)

With that said, I cant see Brady and Belicheck losing to Eli and Coughlin again.

Side Note: If Giants win, Coughlin has gone from hanging on to his career by a thread 5 years ago, to legend status in the biggest market in the league

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:42 pm 

Patriots by 10.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
[Side Note: If Giants win, Coughlin has gone from hanging on to his career by a thread 5 years ago, to legend status in the biggest market in the league

Coughlin has nine lives. It seems every third year he is on the hot seat and has a great season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm 

Pats by 10 1/2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Not sure if it was an interview with a player or what but someone said he changes or adapts. A few years ago he was being a hard ass and there were rumblings, then he stopped being a hard ass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Side Note: If Giants win, Coughlin has gone from hanging on to his career by a thread 5 years ago, to legend status in the biggest market in the league

If the Giants win, does he go down as a better NYG head coach than Parcells?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:54 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Not sure if it was an interview with a player or what but someone said he changes or adapts. A few years ago he was being a hard ass and there were rumblings, then he stopped being a hard ass.

I remember him in those hard ass days. It was accompanied by moral rigidity bordering on the obnoxious. I think his daughter got knocked up in school. That means nothing to me but when you hold yourself up as an example and your primary student doesn't follow you change...or end up looking like a fool like Mc Cartney (the promise keeper coach, not the Beelte)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
The Redskins beat the Giants twice this year. Tells me all I need to know. Patriots 38, Giants 24.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
redskingreg wrote:
The Redskins beat the Giants twice this year. Tells me all I need to know. Patriots 38, Giants 24.

I don't think Rex plays for the Pats, Greg.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 am 

i may not be watching much of this; the people i'm hanging with today aren't really into football and i'm actually kind of relieved. i really couldn't care less who wins, and i think the hype and commercials and whatnot are getting more aggravating. i've already seen the best commercial anyway, so it's not a big deal to me if i miss the whole game. i guess i'd rather see the giants win, but in the immortal words of doug...meh...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm 

NBC pregame had a dude from the weather channel on. WTF do you need him for, the game is indoors, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Game should start at 4:00 .Giants 42-Pats 35. Eli mounts a 4th quarter comeback for the gazillionth time:)

I'm out.