It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Any talk about Larry's resort condo again????? That's some great stuff talking about a guys 1 BR condo in Az.

Anyone want to hear a radio show about my house in New Mexico?

2BR. Mommy ain't sharing a room when she comes to visit.

You can buy 1 BR Developer closeouts for $50K and below out there.

Are we talking $300 a month? Spend more than 12 days there and it does pay for itself...might even appreciate?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:52 am 

He got a chance to listen to some Rome and see a couple Matinees

Sounds pretty wild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I wonder if "I've got a little place outside of Scottsdale" is a go-to line for him, though I suppose such semantic obfuscation doesn't work on native Phoenician gals. I mean, technically, that could be anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Not knowing that Sharkzilla was a WR at ND is unacceptable. He was an All American, potential 1st round draft pick on arguably the most seen team in college football.

He didn't know who AL MVP Zoilo Versalles was. And he hosts a baseball show once every three weeks.

Zorro was a pretty pedestrian player (career .242 average) -- and he only hit 30 percentage points higher his MVP season. Also led the AL in errors that year -- and I believe strikeouts.
If he doesn't know either Harmon Killebrew or Tony Oliva, you might have something there. Zorro was a flash in the pan. There are some MVPs around that time that aren't that well-known: Jackie Jensen (1958) for one.
I'll give Spiegs a pass on that one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Not knowing that Sharkzilla was a WR at ND is unacceptable. He was an All American, potential 1st round draft pick on arguably the most seen team in college football.

He didn't know who AL MVP Zoilo Versalles was. And he hosts a baseball show once every three weeks.

Zorro was a pretty pedestrian player (career .242 average) -- and he only hit 30 percentage points higher his MVP season. Also led the AL in errors that year -- and I believe strikeouts.
If he doesn't know either Harmon Killebrew or Tony Oliva, you might have something there. Zorro was a flash in the pan. There are some MVPs around that time that aren't that well-known: Jackie Jensen (1958) for one.
I'll give Spiegs a pass on that one.

Jackie Jensen was a near great player whose career ended prematurely due to his fear of flying. It isn't really too much to ask a guy who gets paid to host a baseball show in a major market to have at least a cursory knowledge of every MVP or ROY. I don't expect him to know as much about Versalles as I do. But, for the love of God, in my world expressing puzzlement upon hearing his name is unacceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Jackie Jensen was a near great player whose career ended prematurely due to his fear of flying. It isn't really too much to ask a guy who gets paid to host a baseball show in a major market to have at least a cursory knowledge of every MVP or ROY. I don't expect him to know as much about Versalles as I do. But, for the love of God, in my world expressing puzzlement upon hearing his name is unacceptable.

To be fair, he barely ever hosts that show

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I checked back on Jensen's stats -- led the AL in RBIs three times.
I stand corrected about using Jensen as an example.
What about Jim Konstanty? I know he was a Whiz Kid, but he didn't have much of a career.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Brian's Mojito wrote:
I checked back on Jensen's stats -- led the AL in RBIs three times.
I stand corrected about using Jensen as an example.
What about Jim Konstanty? I know he was a Whiz Kid, but he didn't have much of a career.

Konstanty is an oddity, especially in his time, an MVP reliever. I'm not sure about putting his season in context. I'm purposely not looking at Baseball Reference, but I'm going to say off the top of my head that Robin Roberts on his own team had to have had a better year, not to mention Warren Spahn who was in his prime. And that's just other pitchers. I'm sure that Robinson and Musial had good years and I'm not sure if it was the same season Konstanty won his MVP, but Earl Torgeson had a giant year where he was on base all the time and scored 120-some runs.

This is the kind of stuff that, pre-Internet and pre-smartphones, I could talk about in an bar and if they happened to have a Baseball Encyclopedia to pull out, someone might be impressed. Sadly, it was never a hot girl. Now, people are just like, "yeah right, you just Googled that shit". I didn't, but that's cool. As I get older I remember wrong more often. Like the other day I said Kelly Gruber stopped at second to finish his phony cycle. I looked it up and actually he stopped at first as the single was the last part he needed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
jimmypasta wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
reents wrote:
On the smardhzia thing, if that's true, Mac has talked about him being a Bear before on the show.

This is your of the show.

Holmes and Spiegs discussed the Shark going to the Bears yesterday. Spiegs knows he played WR in college, maybe not at ND? I didn't hear the show today.

Is that Curtis Mayfield in your avatar?

It is. Love the hats. Music is good too.