It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:32 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
From Matt Abbatacola at Midnight Friday going into Saturday - Drinky will be hosting with Meatpants from Dublin.

Repeat: Drinky is subbing for Mac in Ireland.

Doesn't it seem a little too convenient that the Score just happened to schedule an extra on-air talent to go on the Jameson's trip, weeks before Mac's illness hiatus? Intriguing isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:37 am 

Keeping Score wrote:

WAAA WAAA WAAA. Maybe Taylor will wipe your crybaby ass. Suck a white dick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
He was already going. They've been talking about it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Keeping Score wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good for abattacola...that would be a great trip on the companies dime.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Trips like these are so fucking stupid. Do I really give a shit that a show I listen to is over in Ireland at some bar I'll never go to and pressing the flesh with the locals who will never once spend 5 mins listening to their show and still talking Bulls basketball. It's a waste of money that could be used for better purposes. Pointless.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Trips like these are so fucking stupid. Do I really give a shit that a show I listen to is over in Ireland at some bar I'll never go to and pressing the flesh with the locals who will never once spend 5 mins listening to their show and still talking Bulls basketball. It's a waste of money that could be used for better purposes. Pointless.

Yeah I never understood it either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:15 pm 

Must be the publicity and 4 hour daily knob slobbering disguised as a talk show.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
spmack wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Yeah I never understood it either.

Only thing I can figure is, it's a way to make the hosts mention the sponsors name over and over and over again, even though they aren't in commercial break. Frankly, if they could drop the various remote shows into a blimp hangar instead, they'd do that.

Equally stupid is sending a morning show off to a remote, let's say a super bowl. Your potential guests are those staggering in from an overnight party. Considering the morning shows start at 5/6 am, that's a long night. If that's compelling radio, you'd send Grobber to do an overnight show, and pick up the drunks as they walk in at 3am.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

All remotes, trips are paid for by sponsors. So this is a Jameson effort. So it is really a perk for the hosts more than anything.

That said, someone is missing the boat on creating a buzz by offering a trip to 2 listeners.

I don't know how this works in the terms of the sales people working with the promo people, but Dahl gave everyone the Blueprint.

-Hawaii trip
-20 listeners win trips, sponsored by _________
-50 more listeners can BUY trip package at ___________

Combine this with sporting events! This would be a NO BRAINER!

This year Bears AT DALLAS, AT SF, AT AZ...I bet at least 10,000 Bears fans go to Dallas! Had to be 10,000 for Saints game this year.

But I know it takes planning and thought, so I would have no clue as to the inner workings of such a complicated procedure to plan such an event.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Given the price of tickets to Europe these days, why would you send Meatpants to Ireland, he has to buy 2 tickets for himself any time he flies these days. Hell, they make Kevin Smith buy 2 tickets and he's half Meatpants size. For the same cash, you could have an extra station employee go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Keeping Score wrote:

Its driving me nuts and im obsessed. who is this hottie in this gif?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:22 pm 

I never would have said average lol. who the fuck is she?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:52 pm 

thanks now i can jack off in peace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

All remotes, trips are paid for by sponsors. So this is a Jameson effort. So it is really a perk for the hosts more than anything.

That said, someone is missing the boat on creating a buzz by offering a trip to 2 listeners.

I don't know how this works in the terms of the sales people working with the promo people, but Dahl gave everyone the Blueprint.

-Hawaii trip

This year Bears AT DALLAS, AT SF, AT AZ...I bet at least 10,000 Bears fans go to Dallas! Had to be 10,000 for Saints game this year.

But I know it takes planning and thought, so I would have no clue as to the inner workings of such a complicated procedure to plan such an event.

That's a really good idea.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
pittmike wrote:
thanks now i can jack off in peace

shit back for another round of pound the clown to cheryl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:23 pm 

drinky is a fairly recently married guy out on his first trip without the wife since getting married on the company dime with a sponsor that is going to encourage heavy drinking. That's the start of a good movie story line.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
drinky is a fairly recently married guy out on his first trip without the wife since getting married on the company dime with a sponsor that is going to encourage heavy drinking. That's the start of a good movie story line.

Just wait til the ladies see his wingman.

I'm sure a joke about the being black irish will not be overused during the week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Can't say I'm surprised that the appropriately-nicknamed Drinky will be co-hosting Friday's show from Ireland with Spiegs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:21 am 

bigfan wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

-Hawaii trip

That's why they really dropped the ball by not getting a sponsor for their trip to NYC to see Hawks-Rangers. Why did Mitch greenlight the trip without a sponsor? Does Mac have like one continental US trip per year in his contract?