It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm 

Beardown, I didn't actually hear what Jason said so it's silly for me to comment. A few others interpreted it the way you did. If true, that may explain a few things that have happened subsequently. It's worth investigating.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mac wrote:
Beardown, I didn't actually hear what Jason said so it's silly for me to comment. A few others interpreted it the way you did. If true, that may explain a few things that have happened subsequently. It's worth investigating.

John Madden wrote:
That is the definition of a tease.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Or the definition of sarcasm.

At least I hope no one actually takes Beardown's nonsense seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
For some reason, the number of "Dan Ma Nee" references heard on a daily basis on WSCR between 1:00 & 6:00 went way up over the course of the last 6 weeks. It became quite annoying & irritating.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm 

I thought you didn't listen?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
I've mentioned here before that I am "clinically depressed", and I am not ashamed of that. Depression is an illness, not a weakness. The right combination of therapy and medication have helped me to survive and lead a (for the most part) productive life.

It's horrific, and I sympathize and support anybody who lives with a mental illness. I would never wish this fate upon anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I channel hop & hear all the shows occasionally, especially if I am on the road in the car. I listen more when either Dan or Terry are off, & I am a big fan of Jason Goff.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mac wrote:

Next year's tournament first round matchup: Mac vs. Jason Goff. Make it happen, BRick!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I channel hop & hear all the shows occasionally, especially if I am on the road in the car. I listen more when either Dan or Terry are off, & I am a big fan of Jason Goff.

Gotcha.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Gotcha.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

Anytime. Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

He didn't say anything other than constantly saying "Da Ma Na" a lot. I just noticed it over the last week or so.

What has happened subsequently between you and Goff :shock: Or do you mean all of "Team Bernstein"? :shock: Are you saying I should investigate or you're gonna do it? :wink: You better do it. You think too much of me. I have limited resources. It's basically me, a radio and a keyboard. So you investigate and report back. The sons of bitches on this board eat this sort of thing up. :wink:

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Scorehead wrote:
For some reason, the number of "Dan Ma Nee" references heard on a daily basis on WSCR between 1:00 & 6:00 went way up over the course of the last 6 weeks. It became quite annoying & irritating.

Heard some of those and thought they were unnecessarily frequent and somewhat derisive/dismissive. But, Goff's what, 30? Likely dude was just trying to score points with B&B in Mac's absence. Fuggetaboutit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Scorehead wrote:

It's been quite annoying and irritating for years.

Last edited by Ed_from_Lisle on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I have dealt with severe depression as well in my life. Things have improved a bit since the days of sitting in a closet with a butcher knife. I found I was good with computers and focused everything on it. The downside is that I am still married to computers, message board posting, video games, software development, etc. I fear if I break away from doing these things that I will go back into that deep abyss. In a strange way, its like my drug. Life is a weird thing.

Also can share the horrors of getting off the happy pills. Had a family friend that went from normal to paranoid in a span of three weeks. One day he slit his wrists and neck. His older daughter found him. I can't even imagine what that would be like. Knowing the guy for as long as I did and knowing how much he loved his kids, I don't at all understand how he would have wanted them to find him like that. Having lived through this incidence, I don't know how anyone doesnt believe clinical depression is a real issue in people.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure it's forbidden by whatever program Mac is in, but I'd really like it if he cracked bernstein in the mouth during transition tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Agreed. Right along with the non-stop by cracky comments.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm sure it's forbidden by whatever program Mac is in, but I'd really like it if he cracked bernstein in the mouth during transition tomorrow.

I'm sorry,but I didn't have SCR on today. Was B&B taking shots at Mac? I read in the other thread that Goff might be stirring the pot. I think it's all a plot to force Mac out and get Goff IN! They mock Mac ,but it's OK I guess for Goff to bitch about his dishwasher for 25 minutes on air. God forbid if North/Mac/Murph ever did that though. Double standard alert!

Last edited by jimmypasta on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Not as much as Bernstein would love it and he'd spend the next 10 years periodically reminding everyone about it. Kinda how Bill Laimbeer loved it when he got Larry Bird to do this:

http://youtu.be/1mrFUu6Utbg

If you see the full video, Bird is ejected (and visibly dejected, probably pissed at himself that he let Laimbeer get to him like that) and Laimbeer once the fracas is over is all smiles.

Don't recall if that was the time that Laimbeer told Isaiah to let Bird beat Isaiah baseline so Laimbeer could get a clear shot and clothesline Bird into next week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

jimmypasta wrote:
but it's OK I guess for Goff to bitch about his dishwasher for 25 minutes on air.

Boers & bernstein: your source for the fetishization of obscure CBA players from the 90s and the Maytag repairman.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOO4ZMVt4_Y&feature=related

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I have dealt with severe depression as well in my life. Things have improved a bit since the days of sitting in a closet with a butcher knife. I found I was good with computers and focused everything on it. The downside is that I am still married to computers, message board posting, video games, software development, etc. I fear if I break away from doing these things that I will go back into that deep abyss. In a strange way, its like my drug. Life is a weird thing.

Also can share the horrors of getting off the happy pills. Had a family friend that went from normal to paranoid in a span of three weeks. One day he slit his wrists and neck. His older daughter found him. I can't even imagine what that would be like. Knowing the guy for as long as I did and knowing how much he loved his kids, I don't at all understand how he would have wanted them to find him like that. Having lived through this incidence, I don't know how anyone doesnt believe clinical depression is a real issue in people.

I'm so glad you're "out of the closet"...seriously!
Forgot to mention I spent ONE week off meds due to no job/no insurance...worst week of my life. Thank God my parents paid for my meds until I was able to get them free from the drug company. Don't hesitate to contact the companies if you (not you Hoffy, general "you") can not afford your meds!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Don't really have much to add here except that clinical depression is as real as real can be and I don't wish it upon anyone. Also, medication is scary and I hope it treats everyone well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

Part of this is Mac playing to the CSFMB crowd. Only a part. He's tossing something out there based on my unfounded reputation.

That being said, there is something here. I predict it will all come to a head at the Score's 20th year party. Something is gonna happen between Mac's camp and Bernstein's camp. Now, Score sales staff, that's how you can sell the this thing out. Bill it this way. Crackers will come. :cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:35 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i would be clinically depressed if i had to work with larry holmes the next few days also..good luck mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 am 

Mac wrote:
I was SAD when my mother committed suicide in February of 1980. I was 18.

I am DEPRESSIVE because I inherited her brain chemistry, which includes a genetic predisposition for depression and other mental illnesses, including addiction and alcoholism.

I am an IDIOT for recognizing this when I was 20, then trying to "beat it." It was because of my GRANDIOSITY.

Questions?
Ignore the people who say that depression is made up, or you can just choose not to have it. Those people should be thankful it hasn't hit them. No one would choose to be depressed and if they could just choose not to be depressed they would. The brain is the only organ in the human body that people seem to think you can just wish away issues with.

Good luck with your recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 am 

I have very little to no life experiences with diagnosed mental illness or addiction. I do applaud/support people who are sufficiently self aware to recognize problems and have the strength to change habitual behavior. My hereditary burdens are long life spans, apple shaped bodies and gout. I try to keep those in perspective in relation to what others are carrying...but I've been gouting hard for the past couple of weeks and it's driving me nuts...yar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Agreed...but, it was pretty fucking ridiculous. If there wasn't an average of two per show over the six weeks I'd be shocked. Sometimes two per hour. There were at least two yesterday...

99% of the people you know are assholes...the 1% remaining are your friends.
:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
You are neither Danny Boy. You are bipolar. No cure for it except mood stabilizers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Connies
Mac, I hate your show but having severe depression about 10 years ago, I have all the respect for you in the world. Good luck fighting this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next