It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
And what was their take on Bartman?

They argued with a lot of the torch-wielding mob of callers who wanted to crucify Bartman. B&B's stance was that Alex Gonzalez and Dusty Baker were to blame for the implosion. They took the "Cubs fans should be embarrassed for their behavior" stance when it came to Bartman.

A lot of weird things happened that night. Gonzalez was as sure handed as they got. That series is depressing for me and the following season didn't make it better. I still believe they would have won the WS in 2003 and probably 2004 if they made it to the playoffs. They battled injuries all season and when they finally get healthy they wet the bed in the last week.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

“We cannot turn away from this truth in this election, putting patriotism ahead of partisanship is not an aspiration —it is our duty.” -Liz Cheney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Nas wrote:
I still believe they would have won the WS in 2003 and probably 2004 if they made it to the playoffs. They battled injuries all season and when they finally get healthy they wet the bed in the last week.

I have no doubt that they would've beaten the Yankees in '03. Not so sure about Boston in '04 (too much testosterone). But definitely the Yankees.

I think Dusty deserves a big portion of the blame for '03. Not only for taxing Prior and Wood all season, but for his mismanagement of the bullpen.

And why did he bring in Farnsworth in Game 7? He should've had Clement or Zambrano ready to relieve Wood. It's fucking Game 7!

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
1984 NLCS Game 5. That was the one year the fucking Cubs were the best team in baseball. The Tigers did not want to play the Cubs and ended up not having to. Still sucks to this very day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 am 

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Nas wrote:
I still believe they would have won the WS in 2003 and probably 2004 if they made it to the playoffs. They battled injuries all season and when they finally get healthy they wet the bed in the last week.

I have no doubt that they would've beaten the Yankees in '03. Not so sure about Boston in '04 (too much testosterone). But definitely the Yankees.

I think Dusty deserves a big portion of the blame for '03. Not only for taxing Prior and Wood all season, but for his mismanagement of the bullpen.

And why did he bring in Farnsworth in Game 7? He should've had Clement or Zambrano ready to relieve Wood. It's fucking Game 7!

Not to mention leaving Prior out there to meltdown after the Bartman play AND after the Gonzalez error.

Just sat on his ass. If ever there was a time to Manage, it was that.

I still think he was afraid to take out Prior because he took Ortiz out too early in the WS the year before.

Oh and having Prior pitch 8 innings in Game 2 when you had an 8 run lead after 3 innings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Dusty didnt even have to take Prior out in game 6 he just needed to walk out there, bring the infield in and tell them "Dont let that get to you. We got this, we are winning this series tonight." and then hand the ball back to Prior. Game fucking over. Dusty could cure cancer and I wouldnt forgive him for that. Gonzalez can also go fucking jump off a bridge as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Dusty didnt even have to take Prior out in game 6 he just needed to walk out there, bring the infield in and tell them "Dont let that get to you. We got this, we are winning this series tonight." and then hand the ball back to Prior. Game fucking over.

I used to think that, but Ive heard a lot of people say scouts could tell Prior was losing something after the 3rd or 4th that night. He was shutting them out, but they were hitting the ball hard. Thats why 8 innings in game 2 sucks so much.

But, you're right, a simple trip to the mound would have helped.

As soon as Alou started his shit and Prior started pointing Dusty should have been out there.

He should have been arguing fan interference anyway. (He didnt know from watching it live in real time that it WASNT fan interference)

Dusty choked. Just sat there doing nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
It has been almost 10 years and I am still getting pissed off thinking about that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 am 
100000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
It has been almost 10 years and I am still getting pissed off thinking about that.

Me too. The highest of highs and then the lowest of lows all within mins. I can still hear Steve Stone on the radio talking about the signs on the buildings were going to change. I busted my ass to get into a place to watch the end of that game.

“We cannot turn away from this truth in this election, putting patriotism ahead of partisanship is not an aspiration —it is our duty.” -Liz Cheney

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
*ahem* the highest of highs would actually be winning the World Series.

But you guys are right. The worst part about that inning wasn't Bartman or the Gonzalez error. It was Dusty not going to the mound.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
*ahem* the highest of highs would actually be winning the World Series.

But you guys are right. The worst part about that inning wasn't Bartman or the Gonzalez error. It was Dusty not going to the mound.

2005 made up for the pain of 2003 and 2004.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:38 am 

Scooter wrote:
1984 NLCS Game 5. That was the one year the fucking Cubs were the best team in baseball. The Tigers did not want to play the Cubs and ended up not having to. Still sucks to this very day.

+1. Everyone talks about Buckner's error and give Durham a pass. Fuck that guy! And Fuck Alex Gonzalez and Dusty Baker too.

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:42 am 

I was such a Mark for Prior (no pun intended)

From the day they drafted him I followed every thing he did. I was there at his first start. I saw 10 of his starts in 03 (attempting to go every time he pitched.

So here was my guy, cruising thru his 12th dominant performance in a row, shutting out the Marlins, and telling the goat/curse people to shut the fuck up....forever.

They had the "magic" that second half and playoffs.

Guys like Randall Simon and Doug Glanville getting HUGE hits.
Shawn Estes throwing a shutout the last week in a critical game when no one even wanted him on the roster
Outlasting the Marlins in Game 3
Hell, even in Game 1 where they lost, Sosa hit a 2 out 9 inning game tying homerun to send it to extras.
and Kerry Wood was finally pitching like dominant starter.

Fuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Scooter wrote:

+1. Everyone talks about Buckner's error and give Durham a pass. Fuck that guy! And Fuck Alex Gonzalez and Dusty Baker too.

Come on, guys. That '84 Cub team was really good, but they were probably going to get smoked by the Tigers. That was a great Tiger team. They won 104 games. They went 35-5 in their first 40. The didn't even break a sweat beating San Diego. Maybe the Cubs would have won, but they were going to be a heavy underdog in that series.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 am 

Thats true, JORR. But what they say is right. Im sure the Tigers much preferred facing the Fathers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I'm pretty sure that a pun was intended here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I'm pretty sure that a pun was intended here.

No really. I wanted to use a different word, but Mark really describes it best.