It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:27 am 

I was made aware of this thread by someone, I probably shouldn't entertain this (since I'm in the office everyday from about 11-6pm). I said what I said because I didn't want things ton change as if Dan was still there. Plenty of people would have been very happy acting as if Dan wasn't a part of the station until he returned. I was one of the first persons who reached out to Dan from the station and at he communicated back to. Told him that I wanted him to be ok, and not to worry about coming back before he was right (that's as much of that conversation as I'll divulge seeing as how some things are still sacred to me). For anyone to infer or think that I wasn't worried about a guy who I interned and learned some of the business from is absurd.

As far as the investigation I also passed along to Mac that no investigation is necessary, I'm around everyday. He's never had a problem asking me much more pressing things, I don't believe he'll have one is time.

I respect that some of you like to stir it up, and get things going sometimes. And I'm not one of the people who believe that there are 15 of you who have 4 different names who post heavily. I do however believe there's a line between questioning and just being ridiculous (that line gets crossed often even on the show I produce).

Look forward to seeing everyone of you at the celebration, if you're coming.
I refrain from posting because I usually feel it does more harm than good, just felt the need to address this because of how serious I take Mac's absence and issues. I don't give a damn about radio when it comes to families and health. Proceed to bash, be at the 20th party though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 am 

Hey Goff, Can you please, please kick Bern Stine in his nuts for me?

I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 am 

JASON MF'ING GOFF!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am 

Why did the triple B's (Bernstein, Boers, and Brehmer) all laugh at Mac's absence referring to it as vacation?

Brehmer: No one gets that much vacation

Terry: DaMaNa

Berns: :lol:

Some of the joking around DID seem kinda weird.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 am 

Sorry for some of the typos. I think the United Center killed my IPad. Then again, I watch games from home and call myself an expert. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jason Goff wrote:
Sorry for some of the typos. I think the United Center killed my IPad. Then again, I watch games from home and call myself an expert. :lol:

For Gods sake Goff, let's talk about something important...
Where are you on the microwave repairman issue? I say it's fem.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am 

You have to respect Beardown's ability to get people to respond.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am 

Jason Goff wrote:
And I'm not one of the people who believe that there are 15 of you who have 4 different names who post heavily.

Yeah...yeah, don't believe that.

I find this offensive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Darkside wrote:
Jason Goff wrote:

For Gods sake Goff, let's talk about something important...
Where are you on the microwave repairman issue? I say it's fem.

You're talking to a guy with a sink full of dirty dishes who is waiting for the Maytag repairman to show up. I hardly think he is the moral authority on appliance repair.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 pm 

:lol: I wash them myself!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Jason Goff wrote:
I'm not one of the people who believe that there are 15 of you who have 4 different names who post heavily.

Hey! A lot of people think Ann Burrell and I are the same person. Too bad the Ann mult got slaughtered in the great CSFMB Tournament multicide of 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:15 pm 

I read this whole thread...what is wrong with me? I have no experience with clinical depression but know it to be real. Some of the comments in another thread like "get over it" or "move on" were beyond ignorant.

Now what I really got out of this thread... and probably the most important points that I 100% agree with are..

#1 ) Shut the fuck up with the whole By Cracky thing!! Absolutely stupid & over played and Boers sucks more because of it.

#2) The Da-Ma-Neil...or whatever the fuck is old shiot too and was WAY overplayed in Dan's absence. The others who posted about this in thread are dead on. It increased greatly...to a disturbing / annoying level.

Clinical depression? Meh.....but a couple of phrases that piss me off??? Now that's serious!! :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm 

Cowboys suck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm 

spanky wrote:
Cowboys suck.

and as a Cubs fan too...I just may be closer to "clinical depression" than I know.

Look out for the Boys this year!! Bounce back???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
walkrman5 wrote:
I read this whole thread...what is wrong with me? I have no experience with clinical depression but know it to be real. Some of the comments in another thread like "get over it" or "move on" were beyond ignorant.

Now what I really got out of this thread... and probably the most important points that I 100% agree with are..

#1 ) Shut the fuck up with the whole By Cracky thing!! Absolutely stupid & over played and Boers sucks more because of it.

#2) The Da-Ma-Neil...or whatever the fuck is old shiot too and was WAY overplayed in Dan's absence. The others who posted about this in thread are dead on. It increased greatly...to a disturbing / annoying level.

Clinical depression? Meh.....but a couple of phrases that piss me off??? Now that's serious!! :P

Get over it.

By Cracky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jason Goff wrote:
I was made aware of this thread by someone, I probably shouldn't entertain this (since I'm in the office everyday from about 11-6pm). I said what I said because I didn't want things ton change as if Dan was still there. Plenty of people would have been very happy acting as if Dan wasn't a part of the station until he returned. I was one of the first persons who reached out to Dan from the station and at he communicated back to. Told him that I wanted him to be ok, and not to worry about coming back before he was right (that's as much of that conversation as I'll divulge seeing as how some things are still sacred to me). For anyone to infer or think that I wasn't worried about a guy who I interned and learned some of the business from is absurd.

As far as the investigation I also passed along to Mac that no investigation is necessary, I'm around everyday. He's never had a problem asking me much more pressing things, I don't believe he'll have one is time.

I respect that some of you like to stir it up, and get things going sometimes. And I'm not one of the people who believe that there are 15 of you who have 4 different names who post heavily. I do however believe there's a line between questioning and just being ridiculous (that line gets crossed often even on the show I produce).

Look forward to seeing everyone of you at the celebration, if you're coming.
I refrain from posting because I usually feel it does more harm than good, just felt the need to address this because of how serious I take Mac's absence and issues. I don't give a damn about radio when it comes to families and health. Proceed to bash, be at the 20th party though.

Don't blame me for this one. Mac's response stirred it up more than me. All I did was ask a question. You're an ace reporter, Jason. You know all about asking the tough questions that the others won't ask. :wink: By the way he answered, it was already brought to his attention. It seems like it was an issue even before he responed here. It seems that people in Mac's camp interpreted it the way I and others on the board did. Maybe I just helped you guys clear it up and get it resloved by bringing it up here. Otherwise there might have been tension between the shows with the Bernstein crew not knowing why. So I helped. No need to thank me.

By the way, the Score is all about stirring it up for our four major sports teams. So if you hate this board, you have to hate your station.

One more thing, does this mean that Larry has to hate Mac for answering my question about Score matters on this evil message board?

Rock: :lol:

Larry: :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's what I think happens with the B&B show. B&B realize it and don't care. They're top dogs and nothing they do or say effects their position and they know it. B&B are feared. Even by their bosses. Drink and Goff join in with the "Fuck everybody" part of the show and they are unaware of the ramifications. Because they aren't feared, nor are they top dogs so this "kill everybody" might hurt them more than they realize.

Through that five hour show it's an onslaught. I mean they are attacking everybody in every direction. They just take a machine gun and take out everybody for the fun of it. After it's over they don't even realize the body count. It's in the hundreds every day. It includes a lot of people at the Score. B&B then get dirty looks from co workers and they just laugh. What do they care, like I said. Drink and Goff get dirty looks from co workers and they're like "What the hell is wrong?" It's such a part of the show's DNA that they don't even realize what they've done.

Killing sports people and B&B listeners don't matter. Who cares about them? But sometimes they're so much in that "Kill everybody" mode that they don't realize that they hurt feelings of co workers. Now, I would imagine drink and Goff don't care about most of their co worker's feelings as well. Not the lessor, non influential ones. They have this "Fuck them" attitude. But they care when it's important people like Mully and Mac cuz they have influence and it could effect them.

By the way, off the subject a little, but Mully took another shot at Goff the other day. They were playing Connor making a mistake in his update and Mully said something like "Goff has a huge vault of everybody at this station screwing up and plays it all the time. Like Goff never makes any speaking mistakes. :roll: " Something like that. So that war continues.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Beardown wrote:
Here's what I think happens with the B&B show. B&B realize it and don't care. They're top dogs and nothing they do or say effects their position and they know it. B&B are feared. Even by their bosses. Drink and Goff join in with the "Fuck everybody" part of the show and they are unaware of the ramifications. Because they aren't feared, nor are they top dogs so this "kill everybody" might hurt them more than they realize.

Through that five hour show it's an onslaught. I mean they are attacking everybody in every direction. They just take a machine gun and take out everybody for the fun of it. After it's over they don't even realize the body count. It's in the hundreds every day. It includes a lot of people at the Score. B&B then get dirty looks from co workers and they just laugh. What do they care, like I said. Drink and Goff get dirty looks from co workers and they're like "What the hell is wrong?" It's such a part of the show's DNA that they don't even realize what they've done.

Killing sports people and B&B listeners don't matter. Who cares about them? But sometimes they're so much in that "Kill everybody" mode that they don't realize that they hurt feelings of co workers. Now, I would imagine drink and Goff don't care about most of their co worker's feelings as well. Not the lessor, non influential ones. They have this "Fuck them" attitude. But they care when it's important people like Mully and Mac cuz they have influence and it could effect them.

By the way, off the subject a little, but Mully took another shot at Goff the other day. They were playing Connor making a mistake in his update and Mully said something like "Goff has a huge vault of everybody at this station screwing up and plays it all the time. Like Goff never makes any speaking mistakes. :roll: " Something like that. So that war continues.

This certainly isn't what Dan Lee had in mind. As is always the case in any screwed up organization, the biggest problem here is management & leadership, or the lack of both. Mitch is the problem. He has allowed things to get way beyond out of hand at the Score & doesn't have the balls to give direction to B&B. The Score used to be the fans station, & the station employees were like family to each other. Mitch has allowed B&B to completely destroy that. The Score is now the adversary of the fan, & the hosts are adversary's of each other. Mitch needs to go. A new PD would mix up the entire lineup up & change the attitude, which is sorely needed.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Scorehead on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:15 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Don't underestimate the soulless, monolithic involvement of CBS Radio in undermining any sense of collegiality and family. That's not really on Mitch himself, though the change in direction from "voice of the fan" to "the dissemination of what the thinking man should think about sports" could probably be pinned on him insofar as he's let the afternoon show dictate the general tenor of the whole station.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 am 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Dan McNeil should know there's no cure for Bipolar depression. Take your pills

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Scorehead wrote:
Beardown wrote:

This certainly isn't what Dan Lee had in mind. As is always the case in any screwed up organization, the biggest problem here is management & leadership, or the lack of both. Mitch is the problem. He has allowed things to get way beyond out of hand at the Score & doesn't have the balls to give direction to B&B. The Score used to be the fans station, & the station employees were like family to each other. Mitch has allowed B&B to completely destroy that. The Score is now the adversary of the fan, & the hosts are adversary's of each other. Mitch needs to go. A new PD would mix up the entire lineup up & change the attitude, which is sorely needed.

The real adversaries of the fans are the TEAMS that play here!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown: May I say something else?

CSFMB: No. We hate when you say stuff. We want you dead because you say stuff.

Beardown: I'm gonna say it anyway. I was just trying to be polite by asking.

Think of all the update people, producers and backup hosts at the Score. They are going through the same "trying to make it" thing like Drink and Goff. Working part time shifts at all hours for not much money. But they don't have the luxury of the B&B show to bitch and say "fuck you" to everybody. They can't make the snide remarks about people at the station, bitch about their shifts or lack of air time. They all try to be pros and shouldn't have to put up with a couple of guys fucking with them just cuz they can hide behind Bernstein. Drinky and Goff have that luxury and maybe some people don't like that. I certainly sense that from the update people on the B&B show. Rodewald finally lashed out, but you can tell Zack, Randazzo and other B&B update people hate it. They hate the interuptions and all the other shit they have to put up with. Mully hates it. Maybe that's Mully trying to stick up for his producers who get nothing from the station. B&B's influence has helped Drink and Goff get opportunities and maybe others don't think that's right. Especially since they are D-bags to other people at the station under the cover of the B&B show. Maybe some of these guys are frustrated cuz they try to be proper, pros and technically sound broadcasters and they get nothing. Meanwhile, drinky and Goff, being poor speakers and having no broadcasting skills, pretty much say "Fuck you Chicago" and "Fuck you Co-workers" and are rewarded with air time cuz they are Bernstein's boys. I'm sure it rubs them the wrong way. There has to be some resentment from the rank and file at the Score.

I'm not speaking as a Score expert. I'm speaking as a work environment expert.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:41 am 

Seems like DuhMuuhhneiil ended up in the hospital and under observation.

"metal breakdown"

suurre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Good luck Mac. The booze, pills, drugs is a way to to ease the pain of something. You gotta fix whatever is causing the pain. I've been there and made some serious changes in my life. I've been "good" for about 7 years now. It's always a battle though. You have to be self-aware and head off any problems before they suck you into the abyss. Fortunately you have more cash than most people and have more options.

The B&B crew were making fun of Mac drinking too much for the most part. I don't recall any jokes regarding mental illness or anything. Those guys make fun of anything (except any race but caucasian). If you don't like it, don't listen.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Good luck Mac. The booze, pills, drugs is a way to to ease the pain of something. You gotta fix whatever is causing the pain. I've been there and made some serious changes in my life. I've been "good" for about 7 years now. It's always a battle though. You have to be self-aware and head off any problems before they suck you into the abyss. Fortunately you have more cash than most people and have more options.

The B&B crew were making fun of Mac drinking too much for the most part. I don't recall any jokes regarding mental illness or anything. Those guys make fun of anything (except any race but caucasian). If you don't like it, don't listen.

He's has Bipolar depression it's for life. He hides it with other drugs and then ends up in the hospital.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Firefox wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

He's has Bipolar depression it's for life. He hides it with other drugs and then ends up in the hospital.

Thankfully you have an endless supply of stupid pills.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:57 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Firefox wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Thankfully you have an endless supply of stupid pills.

Thank you one liner BOB. DERP!

I've learn all BOB's are retarded from the B&B.

Talk to me when you complete more then one sentence.

Mood stabilizers = Bipolar Depression.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 pm 

i dunno i took a bunch of acid a decade ago and ive yet to fully come down. i also watch fox news

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:52 am 
1000 CLUB

Sorry Im late to the party. I havnt checked in here in awhile.

My 2 cents.

Congrats Dan. I heard your first half hour back. Very brave of you to share. But in my opinion it was a little TMI. You are very talented as far as running a radio show. Most of us think we can do what you do but we cant. But you arent that important to us. Dont take it the wrong way please but you being gone didnt affect my life at all. I wasnt owed and explanation for your absence. It was no one fucking business. I really dont think any of your listeners deserve so much detail in your personal life. It seemed like your base of friends and family helped and that would be good enough for me. I guess I just dont like hearing people spew their personal life to lots (millions in you case) strangers. Just do the ol Sportsaroo. You are an escape for us. Just be that.

Seriously though Im glad you're on the right track.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:40 pm 

Drinking Beer and taking Mood Stabilizers also very Bad Danny Boy. Don't do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next