It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Other Changes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Why give him a better slot when relapse is a strong possibility.
6 weeks of OUT patient therapy, no work and still blaming his mom from his problems?

I have to say if my mom committed suicide it would fuck me up in some sort of way.

Who do you blame, SID?

The one who is to blame, Mac. he's done drugs and booze to an excess his whole adult life.
He should grow up and take responsibility for it and not blame his dead mother. This feel good bullshit psychology is just that bullshit. And out patient therapy for 6 weeks really doesn't help those problems. Especially when you spend most of the day away from help.
To me, something smells funny about this whole situation.

He did not blame his mom. He used her condition and horrifying death as evidence that he has the same condition, which is medically recognized as hereditary. I have gout. My dad has gout. I don't blame my condition on him but it was helpful information for the doctor when diagnosing.

Using drugs and alcohol to relieve the pain is on Dan. Not taking his meds is on Dan. I think he owned up to it. Having a chemical imbalance is simply not on him.

The guy had a problem, recognized it and did something to change. That is a mundane but heroic set of acts. That is how you set an example for your family and others.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:14 am 

nervousmuffins wrote:
Slow Clap to Spaulding. Well said indeed.

I love your screenname!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
nervousmuffins?

Kitten Mittens?

See where I'm going Spark?

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:11 am 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Fire all the fat black radio hosts they have there. No one understands their lame insider jokes, or cares about what they did all day at the club.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 am 

SID has been posting the same thing for over 5 years. this is nothing new. move along.

the guy loves mac deep down. one day he'll admit it to himself. but never here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Score is doomed wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Why give him a better slot when relapse is a strong possibility.
6 weeks of OUT patient therapy, no work and still blaming his mom from his problems?

I have to say if my mom committed suicide it would fuck me up in some sort of way.

Who do you blame, SID?

The one who is to blame, Mac. he's done drugs and booze to an excess his whole adult life.
He should grow up and take responsibility for it and not blame his dead mother. This feel good bullshit psychology is just that bullshit. And out patient therapy for 6 weeks really doesn't help those problems. Especially when you spend most of the day away from help.
To me, something smells funny about this whole situation.

Damn, it is a shame this Country got rid of the military draft.
You could be posting from Kabul.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Agree on breaking up B&B. I like Dan solo, but I can't see how it wouldnt get old after a few months. While it might get basketball heavy, maybe a Bernstein and Goff combination would work. How close is Boers to retiring?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I would love to see a Rosenbloom and Hub pairing as it would make it so much easier to completely avoid them both.

I think a Bernsie solo show would likely have a much different tone than B&B do. I'm hoping he would drop the majority of the contrived, antagonistic BS that has made him increasingly Bayless-y and North-y. He proved early in his career that he's capable of being engaging and listenable, and not a parody...unlike those two flesh turds.

They should tell Terry he can work from home full-time, discreetly disconnect his ISDN line, and see how long it takes before he realizes he's no longer on the air. It would be kind of like Milton in Office Space.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Agree on breaking up B&B. I like Dan solo, but I can't see how it wouldnt get old after a few months. While it might get basketball heavy, maybe a Bernstein and Goff combination would work. How close is Boers to retiring?

When The SCORE was airing "The Dan Patrick Show", albeit on tape delay, Bernsy actually guest hosted Patrick's show on a few occasions and he did a good job in my opinion. If SCORE management decided to break up "Boers & Bernstein", I think Bernsy would do well as a solo host instead of having guys like Laurence Holmes, Barry Rozner & Steve Rosenbloom as guest co-hosts. If Mike Francesa can do it on WFAN in New York, as well as YES Network, Bernsy can do it, too.