All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Check out the ratings:

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb005

Rank Station Hol Jan Feb Mar Format Owner
19 WSCR-AM 2.4 2.6 2.1 2.3 Sports CBS Radio Inc
21 WMVP-AM 1.5 1.9 1.8 2.2 Sports ESPN Internet Ventures

WOW - With bitch-ass snitch Larry Holmes subbing in for Mac in the month of March, ESPN has closed the gap to .1!

Mac's "depression" has been an absolute success for him. He has shown the Score that they absolutely need him, because if they think about putting their black albatross during a time period when people might listen, they're just 2 months away from being a permanent 2nd banana to WMVP.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Score got smoked in Men 25-54 during March.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
That's an interesting name ESPN is using for their radio properties. "Internet Ventures." They're just waiting for Webio to take off!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Just waiting for the excuses from Krazy Ivan on this one.

While many can tell me that M&H are are terrible, fact remains they get ratings and have marketable segments, thoughts, etc that people listen to.

Larry has "Hater Wed" which sounds like a 12 year old game played between 5 kids texting each other. "Lets tell everyone about stuff we hate"

This is the kinda shit that makes you lose Mitch and Zimm in a hurry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Didn't the ratings improve from the previous month?

Laurence=ratings bump.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 am 

And if you're gonna post something like this, it'd be nice if it were the ratings for the timeslot in question rather than the entire day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
bigfan wrote:

While many can tell me that M&H are are terrible, fact remains they get ratings and have marketable segments, thoughts, etc that people listen to.

Larry has "Hater Wed" which sounds like a 12 year old game played between 5 kids texting each other. "Lets tell everyone about stuff we hate"

The fact is that Mully and Hanley are bad at radio. How is that for a fact? The people that think they're good or average or "don't suck that bad" are people that are deaf.

And Tspeeps, you are messing up WhiteAndProuds thread. Let the man be.

Instead of firebombing why can't you start a "Who is WhiteAndProud" mult search thread. 60 pages minimum and you'll be a hero. At least to me you will.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 am 

I already know who WhiteAndProud is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I already know who WhiteAndProud is.

Who is it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 am 

I'll text you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I'll text you.

You don't have my phone number.

Oh wait....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The fact is that Mully and Hanley are bad at radio. How is that for a fact? The people that think they're good or average or "don't suck that bad" are people that are deaf.

Instead of firebombing why can't you start a "Who is WhiteAndProud" mult search thread. 60 pages minimum and you'll be a hero. At least to me you will.

When you learn the difference between FACTS and OPINIONS you will be allowed to cross Madison to the Northside.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I believe what you suggest to be true. I would be SHOCKED if a substancial number of listeners of the Mac and Spiegal show, did not switch over to ESPN AM 1000 while Mac was away. I spoke with Adam Delevit during Mac's absence and suggested to him that it was a period of time that offered his station a chance to gain additional listeners-if only in the short term until Mac returned. While many would return to listening to Mac upon his return, there may be some that decide to make the switch permanent as well. I know that I certainly switched stations during Mac's absence. I think Silvy does a great job. I have said it before...I wish Mac were in the afternoon slot, so I could listen to waddle and Silvy in the mornings and Mac in the afternoons. The other thought that rings true, is that Mac may well have provided himself some great proof of his value to the station, if the ratings slipped during his show as much as I think they would have. You never know what you've got till it's gone....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am 

March for The Score included bad spring training baseball. Having that shit in drive-time is a ratings killer. They'll be fine, but read this data however it fits your agenda of retardedness.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:56 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

This is the same thing people on here used to say about Murph as he scored good ratings for more than a decade.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Terry's Peeps wrote:
And if you're gonna post something like this, it'd be nice if it were the ratings for the timeslot in question rather than the entire day.

Yeah, I'm not sure what any of that has to do with Laurences show (which he hasn't done for like a month and comes on when nobody listens) . Maybe someone can explain it to me?

Looks like bigfan somehow turns this into a "See, Mully & Hanley aren't terrible" thread again...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
bigfan wrote:

This is the same thing people on here used to say about Murph as he scored good ratings for more than a decade.

I actually liked Murph, for the most part at least. I think it also points to the power of a time slot and what people will tolerate in said time slot.

But yeah, M&H are bad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:54 pm 

I fucking hate it when ratings are discussed here because NOBODY WRITES ABOUT THE MONEY SHOT. Men 25-54. Head to head time slots. That's all that fucking matters. I will start a separate thread to get you the pertinent information. Ugh!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:55 pm 

Mac wrote:
I fucking hate it when ratings are discussed here because NOBODY WRITES ABOUT THE MONEY SHOT. Men 25-54. Head to head time slots. That's all that fucking matters. I will start a separate thread to get you the pertinent information. Ugh!

Mac.....you were talking about "money shots" plenty today during the end of your show and into transition.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
SomeGuy wrote:
Mac wrote:

Mac.....you were talking about "money shots" plenty today during the end of your show and into transition.

That's when most of us were REALLY listening it seems. :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
larry drove me away from that time slot..i doubt i am alone...silvy was actually pretty decent ....the show would be great if they axed waddle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm 

312player wrote:
larry drove me away from that time slot..i doubt i am alone...silvy was actually pretty decent ....the show would be great if they axed waddle.

I like Silvy but Waddle is so nondescript as to be totally invisible. He takes the middle road every time and doesn't really say anything...he's milquetoast.

I like Carmen too, but he is ruined on CJH. Hood needs to be in a prime slot as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The Scores ratings actually improved from February to March.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 pm 

agreed...waddle is awful...a huge pussy and he has a more annoying yell voice than mully.... carmen is horrible on cjh...i think harry makes him much worse ..because carmen/silvy was a good show... harry and larry are easily the worst radio turds in town...mulligan and waddle are a close second...i am a big fan of hood, listen to him whenever i hear him..but have no idea when he is on..seems to just be on randomly with no set schedule....waddle is the typical espn employee ..boring as fuck and lame as hell working for the disney corp.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 pm 

Hmmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but did someone just get pruned off this thread?

Too funny.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
SomeGuy wrote:
Hmmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but did someone just get pruned off this thread?

Too funny.

Missed it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
SomeGuy wrote:
312player wrote:

I like Silvy but Waddle is so nondescript as to be totally invisible. He takes the middle road every time and doesn't really say anything...he's milquetoast.

I like Carmen too, but he is ruined on CJH. Hood needs to be in a prime slot as well.

I know where you're going w/ this. Let's get the band back together*. Carmen & Silvy!

*By band, I mean Wham!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:13 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:

Too funny.

i been looking for a post i asked mac a question...can't find thread ..ya seen it or did a thread disappear?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Here's the truth:

February is a sports radio dead zone so a dip then pick up in March is de rigueur.

The damning number is this: ESPN's RATINGS ARE UP IN MARCH FROM HOLIDAY/JANUARY - WHICH IS NFL SEASON!!!!

I repeat, ESPN's ratings have increased from the NFL season! The Score is lower in March than NFL which is what should happen. Listeners were leaving uppity ass Larry in droves.

Mitch Rosen is now praying that he hasn't done irreparable harm to the station by being a cheapskate and having Larry do all that subbing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Waddle must change his persona for radio. He battles back and forth with Jamie Dukes on NFL Network seemingly every time they are together.