It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Random Mac complaint
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Now we are getting a fight on Hawk Harrelson.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
reents wrote:
Now we are getting a fight on Hawk Harrelson.

hey, that's a good sign. recently he didn't care enough about anything to fight.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:
spmack wrote:
:lol: I don't think they are at odds, it was just that basketball talk was the topic, and Mac didn't want to have anything to do with it.

OK, I didn't hear it. I tend to jump to conclusions if you haven't noticed. :lol:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
The first few minutes of the Michael Irvin interview :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm 

I don't have a strained relationship with anybody on the midday or afternoon shows. Explained why I left Wednesday's tranny today in tranny. As for sometimes not participating in the conversation... guilty. Best to let "experts" have at some topics. That's why I tend to "drive" topics on which I qualify as "expert". Things like football, fishing, masturbation and mental health issues.

Show must be doing something for somebody since I got healthy. April ratings were through the roof. Blowin' the doors off everybody but the Drive. Somebody must like my era of music, too.

Keep hatin'.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Mac wrote:
football, fishing, masturbation and mental health issues.

You want to be in a contest?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 pm 

Mac wrote:
I don't have a strained relationship with anybody on the midday or afternoon shows. Explained why I left Wednesday's tranny today in tranny. As for sometimes not participating in the conversation... guilty. Best to let "experts" have at some topics. That's why I tend to "drive" topics on which I qualify as "expert". Things like football, fishing, masturbation and mental health issues.

Show must be doing something for somebody since I got healthy. April ratings were through the roof. Blowin' the doors off everybody but the Drive. Somebody must like my era of music, too.

Keep hatin'.

Your comeback certainly helped ratings just via curiousity

I wouldnt thump the music thing though. Yes people like Zepplin. But you could also give something from the last 20 years a spin every now and then

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Mac wrote:

Keep hatin'.

Your comeback certainly helped ratings just via curiousity

I wouldnt thump the music thing though. Yes people like Zepplin. But you could also give something from the last 20 years a spin every now and then

And if you're going to play "Summer Breeze," then, for the love of God, play the Type O Negative version.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Telegram Sam wrote:
Mac wrote:

Sounds like a Panthtathalon Challenge.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Telegram Sam wrote:
Mac wrote:

Lets change the order though. I dont want to participate in third event right after the second. Far too messy.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:16 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
Mac wrote:

Lets change the order though. I dont want to participate in third event right after the second. Far too messy.

Dolphins helmet, lube, a large mouth bass, and good but crazy thoughts....all at once

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Try all 4 at once:

Stand on a fishing boat and throw a football while your analyst watches you masturbate.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:18 pm 

Mac wrote:
Sports and Wet Jorts.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 pm 

feisty mac. that's a good sign. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Try all 4 at once:

Stand on a fishing boat and throw a football while your analyst watches you masturbate.

Hop in the DeSoto, kids. We're taking your mother to see her Analyst. On the way home maybe we'll stop at a full service gas station...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:41 pm 

It would be decidedly worse if I couched my opinion of Hawk because I like him personally. Honest and unmerciful.... like Lester Bangs said to William Miller.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:46 pm 

the truth will set you free.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Hey QB,
Excellent post! Couldn't agree more. This whole "meatball fan" BS is just that:BS.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Grabbing popcorn....this is gonna be a thing.

Seriously, I've got a bag in my desk and putting it in the microwave now.....

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Mac wrote:
It would be decidedly worse if I couched my opinion of Hawk because I like him personally. Honest and unmerciful.... like Lester Bangs said to William Miller.

Have him on then and critique him real-time, allowing him to offer explanations. And let's not use the excuse that he won't come on - I think your producer told me that one time when I asked. Do whatever you have to do to get him on and confront him honorably - not like Jay Mariotti.

I could stomach that.

Just the visual of him listening to this shit makes me sick.

What is it with this campaign against passion? Or a painting of passionate fans as dopes?

Nothing about sports was ever meant to be intellectual. It is the exact opposite: an escape from the stresses of day-to-day intellectualism and structure.

Guys like Bernstein are fabricating an alternate reality to fit their particular taste and comfort zone, and it offends a lot of people in the process. No, it STEPS ON a lot of people.

In the old days, doing shit like that got you a punch in the nose. These days? The conflict is publicized in a tabloid fashion and used to get ratings.

You're a bright guy, Dan, but you didn't used to care about showing that. Your appeal was to the everyman. I guess age changes everyone, but all I ask is that you try not to leave a great, huge-hearted guy like Hawk in your wake as you morph into whatever you are morphing into.

I agree with JimmyPasta that this is a really good post.

Post subject: Re: Random Mac complain
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SomeGuy wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Whenever Mac is doing a radio interview, if a guest goes on for any length of time, Mac makes this "smacking" sound, indicating a parting of his lips as he prepares to speak (usually followed by a barely-audible inhale, also as if in preparation of speaking). From what I can tell, it's intentional, and he uses it in an attempt to signal the guest to hurry the fuck up so he can talk again.

It's fucking annoying. Stop doing it all the time, Mac.

You can also throw in:

-Talking under his breath during the interview.
-Groaning/Grunting during the interview.
-Being an ass during the interview.

This is some of my favorite parts of Score Interviews......When someone says "Hold" or "Guy" and Mac mutters under his breath Jiggetisms! Thats what makes the Score the Score!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

Keep hatin'.

Go back to drinking and smoking, your show still sucks. It's much better when you are out.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:

Keep hatin'.

Go back to drinking and smoking, your show still sucks. It's much better when you are out.

Come on, what did Mac do to you???

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Say what you want about the Danny Mac show, in about 1400 posts it would pass his old show in number of posts.

I know it may not matter to most people, but I think it's kinda of intresting.

Local show around for about 3 years against 1 that's been on since the beggining of the board.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:

Keep hatin'.

Come on, what did Mac do to you???

Nothing, he's just a pompous, self serving ass, who is far too lazy to do a good show.

Post subject: Re: Random Mac complain
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
bigfan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Whenever Mac is doing a radio interview, if a guest goes on for any length of time, Mac makes this "smacking" sound, indicating a parting of his lips as he prepares to speak (usually followed by a barely-audible inhale, also as if in preparation of speaking). From what I can tell, it's intentional, and he uses it in an attempt to signal the guest to hurry the fuck up so he can talk again.

You can also throw in:

-Talking under his breath during the interview.
-Groaning/Grunting during the interview.
-Being an ass during the interview.

This is some of my favorite parts of Score Interviews......When someone says "Hold" or "Guy" and Mac mutters under his breath Jiggetisms! Thats what makes the Score the Score!

This. :D always makes me at least grin....never gets old.....er uh, ode.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
uofiguy wrote:
As long as we're piling on, does any show re-air interviews-theirs or other shows-more than Mac & Spiegs? Especially a Gar Forman interview that they started the show mentioning as "giving no information"? Weak.

Yes. Listen to W&S around noon daily and chances are you will hear a previously aired interviewed.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
MattInTheCrown wrote:

it's the meds hes taking for bi-polar.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:

Keep hatin'.

I shudder to think what you think a good show is...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Makalu G wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac wrote:

Keep hatin'.

I shudder to think what you think a good show is...

Damn near anything is better than this shitfest.