It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
useless without pictures:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:
I fail to see why this is even an issue. The Sox got their stadium financed by the state and the Cubs stadium makes a lot more money for the city than the Sox one does. It shouldn't matter whether the owner votes for Romney or Ron Paul. Just because the city is full of corrupt Democrats doesn't mean this deal can't or shouldn't get done.
Should the state finance all the bars in Wrigleyville too? What about all the stores on Michigan avenue?

If the Cubs were willing to sell Wrigley Field to the city they could have all the money they wanted.

What is your position on the Sox taking money?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The same as any other team that doesn't own their own stadium.

Kind of like how businesses don't have to pay for maintenance of the actual street on Michigan Avenue.

That's not to say that the US Cellular deal is good or bad for the city/state, but it's pretty different.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The same as any other team that doesn't own their own stadium.

Kind of like how businesses don't have to pay for maintenance of the actual street on Michigan Avenue.

That's not to say that the US Cellular deal is good or bad for the city/state, but it's pretty different.

I think the Madison avenue metaphor is way off.

So, what is your position on every team who doesnt own their stadium getting public funds, then?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Why? Michigan Avenue is a major tourist attraction and is used far more than any stadium and likely brings in more money.
rogers park bryan wrote:
So, what is your position on every team who doesnt own their stadium getting public funds, then?
If your stadium is owned by the government then there is no issue with the government spending money on your stadium. That's not to say all the deals are good for the government and the people. Many deals(Colts stadium) are bad deals for the people. That's on the politicians though.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
The thing about most sporting venues "owned by the public" is that the private team owners often have the master leases to those venues, which give them all the revenues and none of the property taxes. It's really not a tradeoff; it's the having/eating of cake.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:34 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Why? Michigan Avenue is a major tourist attraction and is used far more than any stadium and likely brings in more money.

Because street cleaning and rebuilding a stadium are on two very different levels

It would be like saying "I always let the newspaper guy keep the change, so of course im going to do the same with any and all transactions"

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If your stadium is owned by the government then there is no issue with the government spending money on your stadium. That's not to say all the deals are good for the government and the people. Many deals(Colts stadium) are bad deals for the people. That's on the politicians though.

Fair enough

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:

Is it wrong to see that picture and confidently think she'd kick Tom's ass?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The thing about most sporting venues "owned by the public" is that the private team owners often have the master leases to those venues, which give them all the revenues and none of the property taxes. It's really not a tradeoff; it's the having/eating of cake.
I am 99% positive that the city of Chicago would buy Wrigley Field today if the Ricketts wanted to sell it to them.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I am 99% positive that the city of Chicago would buy Wrigley Field today if the Ricketts wanted to sell it to them.

Reinsdorf might buy it first.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:38 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

And Big Fan's head would explode

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 pm 

:lol: That paper bag would be a mess.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
jimmypasta wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If Uncle Jerry bought the Cubs....well, there would be no creepily obsessive, overly critical posts about him or the White Sox anymore. Instead there would be posts about how awesome he is and how the Cubs are better off.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
jimmypasta wrote:

She's very handsome.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
looks like a cross between joan cusac and shrek

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
She looks like Tom Ricketts in drag. Imagine her babbling about bison burgers and you'd think Tommy just had a particular hobby on the weekends.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 pm 

Her being a lesbian is fine with me. The fact 4 siblings get a billion dollar "toy" from daddy to play with is what gets at me.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
jimmypasta wrote:
Her being a lesbian is fine with me. The fact 4 siblings get a billion dollar "toy" from daddy to play with is what gets at me.

Jimmypasta: 99 percenter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:11 pm 

Ricketts is trying to "play nice" in Chicago / Illinois politics and trying to "middle" everything and while do so, is getting his ass handed to him, making him look weak, and scrambling for answers.

Everyone knows his leverage...go out and find a better deal and use the real threat of moving out. Has to be a real threat....and a real opportunity somewhere else....Then youd see the uproar and politicians and business leaders in the area on their fucking knees.

Ricketts needs the balls to play that card, but he is so "I love wrigley" it takes all his leverage away and puts him in a position of just trying to execute a business deal and he is getting eat'n up right now with that.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:12 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mini Ditka wrote:
I fail to see why this is even an issue. The Sox got their stadium financed by the state and the Cubs stadium makes a lot more money for the city than the Sox one does. It shouldn't matter whether the owner votes for Romney or Ron Paul. Just because the city is full of corrupt Democrats doesn't mean this deal can't or shouldn't get done.
Should the state finance all the bars in Wrigleyville too? What about all the stores on Michigan avenue?

If the Cubs were willing to sell Wrigley Field to the city they could have all the money they wanted.

I was under the impression the amusement tax is a city tax and not a state tax. The White Sox got their money from the state, right? I don't have any issue with the Cubs getting money from local or state government. The government invests in a lot of worthless things and the Cubs are a cash cow that brings in millions of dollars in amusement tax money. Threatening to leave does make sense though because it would give the Cubs some leverage.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
I AM SICK OF THIS FUCKING INTERVIEW!!!!! GO THE FUCK AWAY!!!!

i've said it b4 and i'll say it again... the ricketts are creepy. whether it was those pre-opening-day specials where you see all five of those inbreds lined up right in a row creepin out, the whole pancho and beer in the rain crap... i mean.... yeah they seem to care i guess maybe maybe not but like I JUST LOOK AT THEM AND MY BODY SWELLS UP THIS NATURAL FEELING OF "EWWWWWW" AND IT IS THEN THAT I REST EASY KNOWING THE CUBS WILL SOMEHOW FIND A WAY TO NEVER WIN A GODDAMN TITLE WHILE THESE CREEPS OWN THE FUCKING TEAM.

SO STOP PLAYING THE GODDAMN INTERVIEW STOP BEING THEIR MOUTHPIECE THE GUY OWNS A GODDAMN BASEBALL TEAM IF HE WANTS A FORUM TO ESPOUSE HIS TALKING POINTS YOU DON'T NEED TO BE HIS PIMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you

# unemployed loser X

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
[size=150]SO STOP PLAYING THE GODDAMN INTERVIEW STOP BEING THEIR MOUTHPIECE

Actually, I think they keep playing the interview cuz Tom Ricketts sounds dumber than a box of rocks...