It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Mac returns from cottage and will likely regale us with stories of fishing and his sons. Could be interesting.
Much White Sox talk, maybe some Cubs and an outside chance of NBA chatter. Wouldn't be surprised to
hear a little Tiger talk as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Mac sounds energized, for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Now these two are doing the "tickets are only $5, you have no excuse not to go" routine. Keep it.

I have a 20 month old son, and a pregnant wife due to deliver this week. I can't go, and it has nothing to do with finances. I reject this notion that I am not a good fan.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good show so far..mac sounds like he is all amped up.... :lol: @ mac calling jenny mc carthy a stupid bitch...mac, please tell meatpants to keep his fat fingers of the sound machine..very annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am 

and kerry sayers said chris sale threw his first no hitter?.. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Very high energy show today and they are spraying to all fields, not beating one subject to death.
I am not sure Mac can keep up this pace until 1 but this has been a relatively good listen today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 am 

agreed..very good show, great pace...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Not bad. Mac probably can't or won't keep the pace up but it was good to hear him sharp and snappy.

Of course the bitching about people bitching about why they can't go to Sox games is a bit grating. Especially because we pretty much know that there is pressure coming down from Mt. Olympus.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The White Sox and their attendance issues at U.S. Cellular Field simply isn't going away anytime soon. I heard the Ed Farmer soundbite from Friday's SCORE/White Sox Radio Network broadcast vs. Seattle coming back from that last break, and he sounded as disappointed as anyone that not more than 19,000 fans bothered to show up for the Jake Peavy/Felix Hernandez mound matchup. The fact less than half the Cell was filled the whole weekend tells me one thing. Sox fans aren't sold on this ballclub. They still don't think these Sox are any good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They're really not doing anything to discredit the Score mustve gotten an edict from Sox management to encourage fans to go to the games theory thats been going 'round these parts.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Good show. I enjoyed the tales from Ontario.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
SHARK wrote:
The fact less than half the Cell was filled the whole weekend tells me one thing. Sox fans aren't sold on this ballclub. They still don't think these Sox are any good.
No it doesn't. You hear that sort of stuff on this show and/or on B&B and you just repost it here. I heard Finji kind of infer this over the weekend, and M&H mentioned this morning as well. We all know you are a P1 guy, SHARK...so you hear these things too.

Chus posted some very valid reasons as to why he can't go. I'm up at 6:15 five days a week, and get home between 5-6pm. Thats a long fucking day. Its expensive, but I like going to games. Its too long of a day for me to go on a weekday. I am looking to go to one of these Toronto games because of the $5 seats, but really the money isn't the big thing. Its the time. I don't mind dropping $75 between a ticket, parking, and some food/beer a few times a season. I simply don't have time to go during the week.

I'm sold on this club, SHARK. In fact, most of the Sox fans I talk to are growing more and more confident in this team with each passing series. They have showed me they have more piss and vinegar than the have in a long, long time under Ozzie. But the lack of attendance doesn't "tell" you that people don't believe in this team. Its a talking point for the sports yakers, and you take it in the same direction they do. ALL THE TIME.

Why can't you just simply say, "I heard Mac (or whoever) talking about the lack of attendance and he seems to think that maybe fans aren't sold on this team yet. The more I think about it, the more I agree with him." Why do you always have to present these types of thoughts as you own?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 pm 

Mac isn't the first Chicago sports talk radio host who has brought up the lack of bodies at White Sox games. I heard Laurence "Mr. Multimedia" Holmes also discussing the lack of bodies on a rare nighttime show he hosted last Wednesday after the Sox finished off a sweep of the Rays at just as attendance-challenged Tropicana Field. Holmes thought Joe Fan had money lying around with the Blackhawks & Bulls' playoff bellyflops to afford going to a game at U.S. Cellular Field. If that's the case, guess what? That's not the only reason why fans won't go. I don't think Mac's old teammate up the dial would want to go to a game if offered. In fact, I think he channeled the late Amy Winehouse in a song parody if I remember...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
"Mr Multimedia" :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Well, Laurence Holmes is everywhere, SJ...He doesn't make as much $$$$ as Ryan Seacrest, at least as far I know...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:29 pm 

SHARK wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Well, Laurence Holmes is everywhere, SJ...He doesn't make as much $$$$ as Ryan Seacrest, at least as far I know...

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Shmutzy checking in. Are Maddux boy and Whitley in Ravenswood far behind? :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:48 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
SHARK wrote:
The fact less than half the Cell was filled the whole weekend tells me one thing. Sox fans aren't sold on this ballclub. They still don't think these Sox are any good.
No it doesn't. You hear that sort of stuff on this show and/or on B&B and you just repost it here. I heard Finji kind of infer this over the weekend, and M&H mentioned this morning as well. We all know you are a P1 guy, SHARK...so you hear these things too.

Chus posted some very valid reasons as to why he can't go. I'm up at 6:15 five days a week, and get home between 5-6pm. Thats a long fucking day. Its expensive, but I like going to games. Its too long of a day for me to go on a weekday. I am looking to go to one of these Toronto games because of the $5 seats, but really the money isn't the big thing. Its the time. I don't mind dropping $75 between a ticket, parking, and some food/beer a few times a season. I simply don't have time to go during the week.

I'm sold on this club, SHARK. In fact, most of the Sox fans I talk to are growing more and more confident in this team with each passing series. They have showed me they have more piss and vinegar than the have in a long, long time under Ozzie. But the lack of attendance doesn't "tell" you that people don't believe in this team. Its a talking point for the sports yakers, and you take it in the same direction they do. ALL THE TIME.

Why can't you just simply say, "I heard Mac (or whoever) talking about the lack of attendance and he seems to think that maybe fans aren't sold on this team yet. The more I think about it, the more I agree with him." Why do you always have to present these types of thoughts as you own?

So fans of other teams that have much better attendance are all unemployed or don't have kids?

the victory cry of low achievers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Please quote where I said that exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:58 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
SHARK wrote:
No it doesn't.
Chus posted some very valid reasons as to why he can't go. I'm up at 6:15 five days a week, and get home between 5-6pm. Thats a long fucking day.
Its too long of a day for me to go on a weekday.
but really the money isn't the big thing. Its the time.
I simply don't have time to go during the week.

But the lack of attendance doesn't "tell" you that people don't believe in this team. Its a talking point for the sports yakers, and you take it in the same direction they do. ALL THE TIME.

That work for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

OK? I still never said or insinuated anything about other team's fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Frank Coztansa wrote:
OK? I still never said or insinuated anything about other team's fans.

I'm sure you've called the Cubs fans gay at one point or another.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Not in this thread....not yet anyway :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:07 pm 

Sox are in bottom of attendance. You stated reason is Sox fans are busy. I think other teams fans are busy as well. So other than fans are apathetic or just not that many sox fans what could be the reason?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Cub fans are a bunch of gay.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

I said that I'm busy, Chus said that he was busy. The only thing I assumed about people not going to games is that not all of them are "bad fans." You chose to take it in the direction of "so other team's fans don't work"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:11 pm 

This attendance argument is always fucking stupid. I'd be interested to see the correlation between having a ballpark in a crowded ares, like a downtown setting vs a ballmall that isn't always the easiest to get to.

For the record, I'm a Sox fan. I work in Schaumburg. I live in Gurnee. For me to get to a weeknight game without having to burn PTO time from work is completely unreasonable. I wouldn't say that it's everyone's reasoning, but it's certainly mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I said that I'm busy, Chus said that he was busy. The only thing I assumed about people not going to games is that not all of them are "bad fans." You chose to take it in the direction of "so other team's fans don't work"

I could give a shit about attendance, but the Sox care because that is a huge income source. I am a cub fan but enjoy going to the cell to watch games. I don't think fans are bad for not going. Actually I think the sox fan base in chicago area is equivalent to that of a small market. Not bad fans, just not enough to fill the park all season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 pm 

Vincent Antonelli wrote:
Sox are in bottom of attendance. You stated reason is Sox fans are busy. I think other teams fans are busy as well. So other than fans are apathetic or just not that many sox fans what could be the reason?

I thought when the White Sox won it all in 2005, this topic would be put to bed once and for all. However, even during the Sox title season, empty seats were still very much all over U.S. Cellular Field whenever they were at home. Vince, I wonder if there's still a great deal of fan apathy that dates all the way back to 1994.

Not to go Grobber on everyone, but that was the year when the White Sox & Expos (now the Nationals) had the best records in MLB before the work stoppage caused the cancellation of the MLB Playoffs & World Series. The common perception was that Sox fans were furious at Owner/Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf for being more interested in trying to break the MLB Players Association instead of bringing a World Series home back then. I think that apathy lasted for a very long time, plus issues about the ballpark such as the steep upper deck, long before they made renovations and U.S. Cellular took over naming rights of what used to be called New Comiskey Park.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Not from guys my age. I couldn't care less about 1994. The team wins, I go to 5-6 games a year. The team loses and I still go to 3-4 games a year. I'm much more inclined to go to weekday games when the team is playing well.