It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 am 

Goff watched the NHL draft growing up? :lol:

Was the NHL draft even televised then? Having a hard time with that one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:17 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
You can dislike basketball and be a host of a sports radio talk show. You cannot simply choose not to watch the biggest sporting event of the day and remain completely ignorant about the third most popular sport in the city. It is unprofessional.

I guess we will agree to disagree, and this is coming from somebody that hasn't listened to Mac in a few years.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Irish Boy wrote:
You can dislike basketball and be a host of a sports radio talk show. You cannot simply choose not to watch the biggest sporting event of the day and remain completely ignorant about the third most popular sport in the city. It is unprofessional.

Agree.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
RFDC wrote:

Remember when the Quebec Nordiques drafted Eric Lindros and he wouldn't wear their sweater? Was that bullshit or what?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:19 am 

RFDC wrote:

Was the NHL draft even televised then? Having a hard time with that one.

I think I saw an episode of Cheap Seats with the NHL Draft, so I think it may have been broadcasted.

ESPN would broadcast anything they could possibly get rights to back in the 80's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:25 am 

Hey guys, if you like certain things about the NBA Draft, such as the sequential selection of amateur players being announced from a stage, but you find yourself saying "this isn't creepy enough," then do I have the show for you.

I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS KID SINCE HE WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD AND HE'S GOING TO BE TERRIFIC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Remember when the Quebec Nordiques drafted Eric Lindros and he wouldn't wear their sweater? Was that bullshit or what?

I never knew that...here's the video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXxoAxrCNfY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Curious Hair wrote:
Hey guys, if you like certain things about the NBA Draft, such as the sequential selection of amateur players being announced from a stage, but you find yourself saying "this isn't creepy enough," then do I have the show for you.

I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS KID SINCE HE WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD AND HE'S GOING TO BE TERRIFIC

creepy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 am 

By cracky!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: ------
If I flipped back and forth between the Kings vs. Devils and Thunder and Spurs at commercial breaks does that make me a traitor? And I won't even mention flipping on the Cubs getting Grienked by the Brewers while both of those other games were at intermission/halftime.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I watched the Sox and Mike & Molly

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I watched the Sox and Mike & Molly

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny cause there fat

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: Elmhurst Steve with a stupid call, rambles on, and gets dismissed pretty quickly.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: :lol: Elmhurst Steve with a stupid call, rambles on, and gets dismissed pretty quickly.

I turned back for this? Yikes...back to Rome.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Damnit!! I just tuned out at 11 because I was getting bored. The last 2-3 years there's never been a ES call that I haven't laughed at. Bummer.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I agree with the comments that Mac should be watching the NBA semi finals. But at least he is watching the other major sports happenings. This is a lot better than Boers, who does not watch anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I turned back for this? Yikes...back to Rome.

Phenomenal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 am 

denisdman wrote:
I agree with the comments that Mac should be watching the NBA semi finals. But at least he is watching the other major sports happenings. This is a lot better than Boers, who does not watch anything.

:lol: So it's ok for Mac to completely ignore a sports story because some dope in Mokena is watching re-runs of Lost instead of prepping for his job? That's not saying much.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

He is the Mike and Molly of this board and sports radio callers

Mac is CBS executives telling you its "not that bad"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:49 am 

It is not treason to dislike basketball. The problem that I have is that it used to be explained away as though basketball should be irrelevant because he does not like it. Whether he likes it or not basketball is a major sport in this country. It is not as popular as football but this is not football season. This is a Bears town but the Bulls have been by far the most successful franchise in this city during the past 40 years. Derrick Rose is the most popular athlete in this city currently. You cannot easily dismiss the sport without some people becoming offended. I don't want to hear about 2 a days or Bears training camp. It is boring. I used to be a huge football fan but what has turned me off to football is the non stop coverage of it. 3hr pre and post game shows the whispering Zach Zaidman as he attempts to access the thoughts of Charles Tillman during Bears All Access pro football weekly the non stop denunciations of whomever the Bears offensive coordinator happens to be. Constant talk about point spreads Fantasy Football rosters. Its overkill. Football as a game is not that exciting. I still watch the game Though I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The Super Bowl is a perfect example. How many thrilling Super Bowls has there been during the almost 50 years that it has existed?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am 

Unless the Hawks are in a Stanley Cup run. It is absolute FACT, that if you talk hockey more than you talk NBA, you are losing listeners.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 am 

Phil McCracken wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol: So it's ok for Mac to completely ignore a sports story because some dope in Mokena is watching re-runs of Lost instead of prepping for his job? That's not saying much.

Nope, he should be watching. But just saying Boers should be ripped endlessly if people are this upset about Mac and his NBA disappearing act.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am 

denisdman wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Nope, he should be watching. But just saying Boers should be ripped endlessly if people are this upset about Mac and his NBA disappearing act.
Yeah but Boers says " by cracky" a lot so he gets a pass.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 am 

long time guy wrote:
It is not treason to dislike basketball. The problem that I have is that it used to be explained away as though basketball should be irrelevant because he does not like it. Whether he likes it or not basketball is a major sport in this country. It is not as popular as football but this is not football season. This is a Bears town but the Bulls have been by far the most successful franchise in this city during the past 40 years. Derrick Rose is the most popular athlete in this city currently. You cannot easily dismiss the sport without some people becoming offended. I don't want to hear about 2 a days or Bears training camp. It is boring. I used to be a huge football fan but what has turned me off to football is the non stop coverage of it. 3hr pre and post game shows the whispering Zach Zaidman as he attempts to access the thoughts of Charles Tillman during Bears All Access pro football weekly the non stop denunciations of whomever the Bears offensive coordinator happens to be. Constant talk about point spreads Fantasy Football rosters. Its overkill. Football as a game is not that exciting. I still watch the game Though I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The Super Bowl is a perfect example. How many thrilling Super Bowls has there been during the almost 50 years that it has existed?

Wow I agree with just about everything in this post

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:58 am 

Me too. They've taken everything and turned it into a side show- the draft, the superbowl, the over analysis. It gets old. Play the damn game!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Phil McCracken wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Wow I agree with just about everything in this post

Long Time Guy is probably one of the most quality posters on the board, meaning he doesn't post a lot, but when he does, it's always good. There's probably a better term for it, but my Chicago Public School education and one year in Rockford is limiting me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 pm 

What's the app to listen to the Rome show? Is it free?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
FavreFan wrote:
What's the app to listen to the Rome show? Is it free?

I listen on iHeart Radio on a California station. KLAC I think...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:03 pm 

I think the major difference between Mac and Boers is Mac is on here actively garnering feedback, which is what he got. If Boers did the same thing I'm the criticisms would be laid his way.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:08 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Me too. They've taken everything and turned it into a side show- the draft, the superbowl, the over analysis. It gets old. Play the damn game!
I agree its ironic that the advent of sports talk coincided with me disliking the game. The golden era for me as a fan was the period in which it was covered less. The game was the story, not contract holdouts or negotiations. Did anyone know much about Ed Hughes? Sports talk made John Shoop and every succeeding Offensive Coordinator much more reviled than they would have otherwise been. It has also made the backup quarterback of the Bears the most popular player on the team. How many people called for Hanie over Cutler where is he now. What about the P.T. Willis love from years gone by. Obscure players i.e. Joe Cain began to have their own shows even though they could barely articulate a thought and they also were not particularly great at football. PTFB for me always occurs for me during the football season.