It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
McNeil has had problems with a lot of coworkers thru the years. When North wanted to go solo management stuck Jiggetts with McNeil at night and McNeil pouted and quit the Score.

McNeil was envious of North's success and North taking his time slot. McNeil thought he could go to ESPN and beat North. McNeil couldn't do that until Boers and Bernstein took over afternoons when North moved to mornings and even then ESPN was not beating the Score consistently if at all.

McNeil constantly made fun of Harry knowing Harry was an easy target. It's like a bully making fun of a nerd. Yet McNeil would not take on Jurko because the jock would have flattened him, ex. Bernstein with Buffone. (Neanderthal gene players have)

McNeil needs Spiegel because as a former Program Director told me McNeil only knows football and needs a cohost to carry him with other sports.

McNeil is Mitch Rosens guy and Rosen will bend over backwards to cater to him. Unlimited vacations and picking his cohosts are two examples.

Mulligan is a professional who does his job, treats callers with respect, is knowledgeable on all sports, and works with his partner well. He did not bring up his problems with McNeil on the air but McNeil did.
A professional does not rip his coworkers on the air yet McNeil needs to make himself the center of attention.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Yep. Like a bunch of cackling old hens talking about the latest celebrity story in the Enquirer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Kind of like going on message boards trying to promote your podcasts which no one listens to...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Keep this up and let Mac respond, don't bitch out and delete it ..like you do when you rip Larry and erase it 20 minutes later....

A. Harry is a nerd and one of the most annoying people on the planet..Jurko is the polar opposite...people like jurko and Harry is not a likable guy.

B. It is not unprofessional to call out a coworker for being a sensitive bitch or performing poorly.
C. Mulligan does not know shit about baseball or basketball or hockey..or even the the NFL outside of the Bears, and Hanley is an easy guy to get along with..everyone gets along with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mulligan is the guy who refuses to do transition for the slightest reason. Just how the fuck is that professional? Mulligan is the guy who blows his fucking stack over something as trivial as coffee. Just how the fuck is that professional? Mulligan is the guy who holds petty grudges. He still has a beef with Murph who hasn't been on the station in three years. As far as "knowing" the sports, Mulligan is in the same boat as Mac. They're both football guys. Mac knows hockey far better than Mulligan knows anything else except soccer, which isn't real a show topic in North America. Maybe Mully can get a job with the BBC. Finally, Mac hasn't said anything in this forum about Mully that would anger a reasonable man.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:33 am 

Didn't you rip Mitch Rosen on here yourself who you had a business relationship with? Haven't you ripped Jason Goff and other hosts who you have/had a business relationship with?

Didn't you bash the Score for replacing Mike North with Mully and Hanley?

Yeah, you shouldn't talk about being unprofessional.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
An ambulance chaser is calling out someone else's "professionalism"? That's rich.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 am 

mac could get a job anywhere in the country doing radio.

mulligan is lucky to be on the radio at all. he's about as amateur sounding as a college radio student. i think mulligan's favorite word is "uh".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
spadaesq1 wrote:
McNeil was envious of North's success and North taking his time slot. McNeil thought he could go to ESPN and beat North. McNeil couldn't do that until Boers and Bernstein took over afternoons when North moved to mornings and even then ESPN was not beating the Score consistently if at all.

McNeil constantly made fun of Harry knowing Harry was an easy target. It's like a bully making fun of a nerd. Yet McNeil would not take on Jurko because the jock would have flattened him, ex. Bernstein with Buffone. (Neanderthal gene players have)

McNeil needs Spiegel because as a former Program Director told me McNeil only knows football and needs a cohost to carry him with other sports.

McNeil is Mitch Rosens guy and Rosen will bend over backwards to cater to him. Unlimited vacations and picking his cohosts are two examples.

what exactly is wrong about what i've quoted here? aren't you envious of people who make more money than you? get off the cross spada, when i see rappers like pitbull on tv making millions i have this intrinsic thought "fuck him i'm better" and when i see skrillex playing the grammy's i'm like "oh just you fucking watch what i'm going to do with the emessiah thing" --- neither of those two took my timeslot. if they did you bet your ass i'd be up in arms over it all "fuck you i'm out of here."

it's called upward mobility... there's a fun saying i'm a fan of which is "if you don't grow up liberal/democratic you have no heart... if you don't grow old conservative/republican you have no money" and given mac's situation and how he's been doing this for awhile, it's easy for a bunch of people who make less money than him for doing less salable things to get up in arms over how he acts or what he deserves financially.... i say, and i reckon mac might still agree with me, smoke 'em if you got 'em. if you are in a position to do a radio show for nice six figures and go to a major worldwide media corporation to ply your trade and you believe in your product as being superior to what you're being replaced with, well then get out there and do it. as someone who's personally waited a long time for nice things to happen to a nice guy, i can sure see the other side, the cutthroat side, of business nowadays.

i believe dan's house is called mackeyland.... was it built on the backs of much needed advice from the people who he's paid pretty damn handsomely to give opinions to? lol

as always, david, thanks for the magnet schedules and the bearly legal hat. camps has the damn shirt which is god tier in my book.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
W_Z wrote:

mulligan is lucky to be on the radio at all. he's about as amateur sounding as a college radio student. i think mulligan's favorite word is "uh".

Grand Rapids is next.

MAC AND HUGE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Show 'em the money, Mac. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sinicalypse wrote:
if you are in a position to do a radio show for nice six figures and go to a major worldwide media corporation to ply your trade and you believe in your product as being superior to what you're being replaced with, well then get out there and do it.

Well, this is what I see as part of the problem. Sports talk radio is relatively new in the grand scheme of things. Like him or not, Mike North was on the cutting edge of this shit. And at its heart, sports talk is a populist form. When you have guys getting rich doing it, it starts not to work so well. There's going to be an intrinsic disconnect between a guy who won't get out of bed for less than $350,000 and the audience he is relying upon to listen to him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Mac has a proven track record of ratings success. He has built several successful shows. The fact that he carried MJH to better ratings than B&B just shows what a draw he is for the Chicagoland market. I would agree that he interpersonal skills with co-workers are sub par, but all in, I love Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Love your show, Spada. Who are tonight's guests?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
redskingreg wrote:

Jim Sundberg, Jud Buechler, and Lacey Duvalle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am 

spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

I'd tune in for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 am 

W_Z wrote:

Well-uh, you know-uh, that's-uh like-uh, your opinion, uh, man.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am 

The ratings have followed Dan around the dial and timeslots unlike any other sports talker in this city. That is the objective truth. All else is insignificant.

It is pretty obvious after 20 years of data that he can carry an entire station. People with that quality are paid handsomely and get special considerations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
It would be interesting to see MJH reunited and going against B&B. I was a big MJH fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:27 am 

redskingreg wrote:
It would be interesting to see MJH reunited and going against B&B. I was a big MJH fan.

Hammer/Nail

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: sit down
wasn't MJH already losing its luster before ESPN shit-canned DaMaNa? Seem to recall Danny Mac sending B&B champagne once or twice toward the end of MJH after B&B bested them in the ratings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
But competing with the current B&B would be much easier. Their show is really stale.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Sodom and Gomorrahs
W_Z wrote:

But could Mac get a job anywhere in the country doing country radio?

Now that would be entertainment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:24 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
if you are in a position to do a radio show for nice six figures and go to a major worldwide media corporation to ply your trade and you believe in your product as being superior to what you're being replaced with, well then get out there and do it.

Well, this is what I see as part of the problem. Sports talk radio is relatively new in the grand scheme of things. Like him or not, Mike North was on the cutting edge of this shit. And at its heart, sports talk is a populist form. When you have guys getting rich doing it, it starts not to work so well. There's going to be an intrinsic disconnect between a guy who won't get out of bed for less than $350,000 and the audience he is relying upon to listen to him.

well of course, but that's kind of the whole "career" in sports talk radio thing. you can't really say it's horrible on a personal level for a guy to have some upward mobility in his financial outlook. who did he originally take his job from? if the guy invented it's on the next generation to do better for less and take that position.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
redskingreg wrote:

I would rather hear Mac, Jurko and Bernstein go up against Boers and Tiny

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm 

CSFMB: when the future's on the line, take off your pants </sandusky>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I really don't understand the point of this thread.

So DS wants Mac to get whacked so he can have a chance at his job? Or is this just a rant based on upholding the integrity of sports radio?

Or DS trying to use Mac to garner some publicity? As many have said, any pub is good pub.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

At ESPN, Mac destroyed any broadcasting team they stacked up against him, whether it was Jiggs/Buffone, Hoody/Tealander/Buffone, Buffone/Pappy, or Boers/Bernstein.

Is this the same fuckin' putz that spammed the fuck out of me on facebook?

You want unprofessional Mr. Lawyer? Suck a dick - and have Robin Earl fluff it for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:38 pm 
spmack wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

you forgot Rick Wrona