It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Mac just said that B&B hurt his feelings in transition last week by being dismissive.

LET 'EM HAVE IT, MAC!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did Bernsy & Boers respond?

THEY DISMISSED HIM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not quite.

Turn off your imaginary radio and turn on the real one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 pm 

details / specifics for those of us who missed it? Dismissive about what?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Details in the B&B thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
Mac is a fucking lunatic. He's nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
When will Mac learn that the 30 seconds of satisfaction he gets in berating a coworker is vastly outweighed by the years of damage caused by the rant?

Running out of places to go to Mackeyfish.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
When will Mac learn that the 30 seconds of satisfaction he gets in berating a coworker is vastly outweighed by the years of damage caused by the rant?

Running out of places to go to Mackeyfish.

I am fairly comfortable making the assertion that if Mc Neil took over afternoons from B and B he would exceed their ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 am 

B and B have always just kind of existed in that spot. They used to get trounced by the afternoon saloon. Now, with no competition, they are in first place. Mitch seems satisfied but I think the slot significantly underperforms.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 am 

Believe it or not I agree with you guys.

But you will not get anywhere in any workplace crapping in co-workers lunchpails.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It seems to me that sports talk radio stations are a lot like football teams. There is a ton of internal strife, and guys always feel disrespected by other members of the group. But as long as everyone does his job, things work out fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I can't imagine working at the Score. Wait, yes I can. I imagine it's like being in high school extracurriculars.

"How come I don't get the solo? I'm a senior! I've been here longest!"
"He solos better."
"But I've been here!"

My heart goes out to the eventual Score Search winner who gets airshifts or updates, however crappy, and has to withstand quiet resentment from various producers who don't get shifts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think the ridiculously hyper-sensitive Mac should consider increasing his mood stabilizers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bubb Rubbs
editorathome wrote:
I think the ridiculously hyper-sensitive Mac should consider increasing his mood stabilizers.
Emotionally fragile. Remember, "anything goes from 9-1," until someone insinuates that no one cares about Fathers day memories.

I like Mac, but some real baggery came out in tranny the past two days. Usually it's the sea monster sitting next to him that gets offended over nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Potbelly Sandwich Shop
editorathome wrote:

He's bipolar of course he is more sensitive now with the new meds.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Q.Bovifs wrote:
prickly pete wrote:
editorathome wrote:
Emotionally fragile. Remember, "anything goes from 9-1," until someone insinuates that no one cares about Fathers day memories.

I like Mac, but some real baggery came out in tranny the past two days. Usually it's the sea monster sitting next to him that gets offended over nothing.

Who gives a fuck? I think it is quite clear that Mac is a real guy out there, and that is his appeal in this city. He doesn't know any other way to proceed besides speaking the truth. If any bad blood festers inside him, it is cleansing for him to get it out. You have to enjoy shit like that while you still have it around. . . before the people who prefer wide-smiling lies have that flame snuffed, by mandate, by peer pressure, or otherwise. Will it make others boycott him? Probably only those who have too many skeletons to be around such a forthcoming person. . . but those types are to be avoided anyhow.

this. i've always enjoyed mac's shows, even though at times it's distinctly not targeted for people my age. like i've said before and i'll say again, he's got the thing down where you really feel like you could have a cigarette and a beer with the guy and the conversation wouldn't be too radically different from what you're getting over the air.

incidentally, i can vouch that les is like that too. you start telling stories and next thing you know it's like "WTF?!?! YOU ANNOUNCED FOR THE DAMN EXPOS!?!?!" and story ensues. see like, i think that's something that the current crop of producers/b-team could pick up on.... cuz i get the distinct feeling that this new generation is trying to foster an image of being cool/hip/black/baseball/basketball/whatever and perhaps that's a result of the "team bernstein" thing that beardown talks about, cuz i've always gotten the distinct idea that dan wants to take the medium of sports talk and do something "more" or "important" with it (see his BOLD LIGHT SHINING ON HTE ISSUE OF CHILD RAPE, etc) whereas the mac and dare i even toss in NORT thing is that "this is exactly what you'd get if we were sitting at a bar"

different brands. it'll be interesting to see who wins out over time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:13 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
this. i've always enjoyed mac's shows, even though at times it's distinctly not targeted for people my age. like i've said before and i'll say again, he's got the thing down where you really feel like you could have a cigarette and a beer with the guy and the conversation wouldn't be too radically different from what you're getting over the air.

Sure. The loud mouth drunk at the end of the bar sitting by himself who doesnt know shit about anything. The guy who argues by getting lounder, not by having any knowledge to have any sort of intelligent discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Sodom and Gomorrahs
I clicked on this thread because of the word "tranny", I am disappointed.