It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your ESPN Viewing Habits
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 pm 

How much ESPN do you watch?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I will say mostly in the morning, and about the only sports I watch on their network is Football and College Basketball.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:45 pm 

My UVerse has ESPN News, so I watch Sportscenter all the time. I also watch Sportsnation, Pardon the Interruption and Around the Horn. I watch Monday Night Football and the occasional college game. I also watch some of the NBA games.

I know a lot of people seem to have an issue with the "BooYahs". But honestly I can't that Comcast Sportsnet or the NBC Sports Cable Channel is any better than ESPN. Although when it comes to football I don't there is a station better than the NFL Network.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Although ESPN has more than a casual interest in so many sports these days, ESPNEWS might be my favorite of their many cable channels. It's more than just 24/7 sports news these days on DIRECTV 207 and in HD to boot.

ESPNEWS taps into ESPN Radio's 2 national sports talk radio shows "The Herd w/Colin Cowherd" & "The Scott Van Pelt Show" back to back starting at 9a weekdays, regardless if the shows are in Bristol, CT or on location. I've also noticed that they've been airing "SportsCenter" at times when there are actual games on either ESPN or ESPN2, as well as during the day, too.

While many have issues with content & talent in Bristol these days, I get the impression that ESPN is getting stronger and it's awfully hard for outlets like NBC Sports Network and others to actually give them a run for its money.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Mini Ditka wrote:
I know a lot of people seem to have an issue with the "BooYahs". But honestly I can't that Comcast Sportsnet or the NBC Sports Cable Channel is any better than ESPN.

They're not, but TV consumption isn't a zero-sum game. The solution is to avoid all of those networks, not to shun CSN for swill like Around the Horn.