It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BIGFAN !!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nice work, Biggie !!!! representing the board on M and H !!!!

Post subject: Re: BIGFAN !!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:23 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Maybe Ricketts will issue coupons for season tix buyers.

Buy one at full price, get another one for full price!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I am aware my request to bring back the daily and weekend plan for season ticket holders is a noshot/longshot, but the more I get it out there, can't hurt.

Told dustin I dont hold more than 5 minutes, which just happens to be the time of the drive from the GF's house to mine at 5:30 AM on a wonderful Friday AM.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
At 6:15am, I'm surprised you'd be on hold at all!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
bigfan wrote:
I am aware my request to bring back the daily and weekend plan for season ticket holders is a noshot/longshot, but the more I get it out there, can't hurt.

Told dustin I dont hold more than 5 minutes, which just happens to be the time of the drive from the GF's house to mine at 5:30 AM on a wonderful Friday AM.

GF?????? No wonder you haven't been around much! Frank missed you in the Epic Choke thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

GF?????? No wonder you haven't been around much! Frank missed you in the Epic Choke thread. :lol:

Yes, when did this happen Biggie, and why wasn't I told of this? Maybe we can double date.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
spmack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Yes, when did this happen Biggie, and why wasn't I told of this? Maybe we can double date.

It'll be like 4 dudes, just hanging together. You, Lipid, BF & his date, sipping Mimosas in a Jacuzzi.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Colonel Angus wrote:
spmack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

It'll be like 4 dudes, just hanging together. You, Lipid, BF & his date, sipping Mimosas in a Jacuzzi.

Brian Griffin: So what happened?

Stewie Griffin: Well, you wanna know what I learned this week? Being a grown-up sucks. Women, Brian, what a royal pain in the ass. It's like, it's like why can't you just hang out with guys, you know, just live with someone of your own sex, just do what you do with women, but with your buddy. You know wha, why don't guys just do that?

Brian Griffin: They do. It's called being gay.

Stewie Griffin: Oh, is that what gay is? Oh, yeah. I could totally get into that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
wait...they're taking away the nights/weekend plan?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Killer V wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two tickets for the price of two!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:55 am 

spmack wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:

she was a sept callup! from the general dating minors to the bigs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
bigfan wrote:

Always a good move not to let them know where you live for the first 6 or 7 years. Tell them you have obnoxious roommates. That way if it doesn't work out, they won't be able to bother you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:25 pm 

I am sure the many ladies men of the board will provide tips on how to proceed, now that she has been called up, regarding signing her early or go to arbitration.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 pm 
Wait.... the Score has programming at 5:30 am? I was unaware of this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 pm 

"programming" is exactly what was going on.

12 minutes between commercials. Dustin gets my phone call in for 2 minutes and guessing MH talk for 5 minutes before and 5 minutes of responding to my call.

I could only imagine Dustin rolling his hands with the stretch it out signal, just to get to the next break.

It was obvious these guys just talked to fill time. Didnt take another call, didnt let me finish a thought or respond.

Still like the show, like them (just as friends though!), but left a bad taste in my mouth of a produced show, which the early hours I feel is the best time to just let it fly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Killer V wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two tickets for the price of two!

But they'd likely be bought by someone, at least.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
bigfan wrote:
"programming" is exactly what was going on.

12 minutes between commercials. Dustin gets my phone call in for 2 minutes and guessing MH talk for 5 minutes before and 5 minutes of responding to my call.

I could only imagine Dustin rolling his hands with the stretch it out signal, just to get to the next break.

It was obvious these guys just talked to fill time. Didnt take another call, didnt let me finish a thought or respond.

Still like the show, like them (just as friends though!), but left a bad taste in my mouth of a produced show, which the early hours I feel is the best time to just let it fly.
Heard the call while driving to work and thought the same thing, hey guys let the fucking dude finish a thought before you interrupt with your take on what he was saying.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:25 am 

The fear of the intelligent caller are the connected thoughts in that you will take your thought from point A to B to C. The hosts rarely want a discussion to go two ways unless they're comfortable with you and trust you not only to not go off the reservation but to leave them with something to discuss.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:34 am 
Site Admin

No Clever Moniker wrote:
The fear of the intelligent caller are the connected thoughts in that you will take your thought from point A to B to C. The hosts rarely want a discussion to go two ways unless they're comfortable with you and trust you not only to not go off the reservation but to leave them with something to discuss.

True, but the "Fear of the Intelligent Caller" is a much greater theme on an argumentative show like B&b. li'l danny will not tolerate any challenges to his Alpha intelligence. A caller capable of matching or defeating him is abruptly hung up on or ridiculed for the qualities of his voice or other trivialities. Then there are the sycophants who bernstein deems "intelligent" like Quad Cities Pat. And they are presented as if their contributions are some great gift courtesy of mr. daniel bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

True, but the "Fear of the Intelligent Caller" is a much greater theme on an argumentative show like B&b. li'l danny will not tolerate any challenges to his Alpha intelligence. A caller capable of matching or defeating him is abruptly hung up on or ridiculed for the qualities of his voice or other trivialities. Then there are the sycophants who bernstein deems "intelligent" like Quad Cities Pat. And they are presented as if their contributions are some great gift courtesy of mr. daniel bernstein.

No doubt, in the early B&B years DB had to accept those holdover callers from the McNeil & Boers era. A few even believed, perhaps misguidedly, that DB would want their interactions. I do know a few who stopped calling not because DB would get in the last word after they were no longer on the air but because that last word wasn't always necessary, or necessarily nice. Its interesting to note the evolution of the "friends of the show" as there are still a few who occasionally call in but despite the familiarity with the hosts the interaction is no longer there.

I don't think Mully has ever wanted those types of callers because he can't start a show by saying "people keep talking about. . . ." and continue saying it about something new almost daily.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

No Clever Moniker wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No doubt, in the early B&B years DB had to accept those holdover callers from the McNeil & Boers era. A few even believed, perhaps misguidedly, that DB would want their interactions. I do know a few who stopped calling not because DB would get in the last word after they were no longer on the air but because that last word wasn't always necessary, or necessarily nice. Its interesting to note the evolution of the "friends of the show" as there are still a few who occasionally call in but despite the familiarity with the hosts the interaction is no longer there.

I don't think Mully has ever wanted those types of callers because he can't start a show by saying "people keep talking about. . . ." and continue saying it about something new almost daily.

There's an old sign painted on a building alongside one of the highways, I think the Stevenson, that says "WSCR: Fans Talking To Fans." That's the dynamic the station was built upon, but somehow they allowed it to become journalists talking to fans and bernstein talking down to fans. Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
bigfan wrote:

I think there are two directions you can go with morning drive sports talk. You can be a morning drive talk show, which means an extremely regimented schedule, hitting all your news, traffic, and weather on the digits, reliable guests, bite-sized segments of macro-level sports talk, generally playing it safe. I'd say this is what M&H do.

The alternative is to concede the slot to WGN, WBBM, and whoever else is hitting their news, traffic, and weather on the digits, and just go crazy, like you said. Little prep, long hooks for callers, just being entertaining. Who knows; you might even find your own niche this way.

Playing it safe in mornings seems to serve the station well enough, but I don't know if it's always the best possible radio they could do. I still think M&H did a pretty good two-hour show in the loving embrace of middays, but are overexposed with four hours in drive time. Maybe cut them back to 8 to 10 and go with a different kind of freeform morning show from 5 to 8.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm 

The 5-6 Am slot is kinda non regimented. If it was much later, I would have never called in, as I know I would have never got on the air within a 5 minute window. Would have been a J Goff "Just hold for 20 mins until I might be able to fit you in thing"..."Unless you are a crazy old racist guy, then I can get you on right away"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
bigfan wrote:
I am sure the many ladies men of the board will provide tips on how to proceed, now that she has been called up, regarding signing her early or go to arbitration.

Arbitration, if her, umm, home run numbers aren't where they should be...

I'm sure someone has an advanced metric. :alien:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Jack Bauer wrote:
bigfan wrote:

BJARGF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
lipidquadcab wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:
bigfan wrote:

BJARGF

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm 

bigfan wrote:

As a Cubs fan, one good bang and you'll be calling her a hall of famer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jack Bauer wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Jack Bauer wrote:
bigfan wrote:

BJARGF

:lol: :lol:

Curious to see what the home/away splits show ....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
She's likely to be sent back to toil in the minors after suffering an oblique strain.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 pm 

or the Greenberg treatment after taking one in the face