It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Northwestern will be better than us. Oh God I think Penn State will be too. Thankfully there will always be Purdue and now Rutgers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXyn8SpS9A

Last edited by Kirkwood on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:27 pm 

Tonight is an exhibition game against Indiana Wesleyan which started 7ET. Also you have to pay to stream. Bad karma.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 pm 

Indiana 86 Indiana Wesleyan 57

Maurice Creek led the team with 12 points. Good for him as he's had brutal bad luck with injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Do they 1099 or just W-2?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
My Boss is an Indiana U grad. Ever year he calls me at this time of year to talk college hoops, & he will recite the entire 1976 Hoosier roster & talk about how great Bobby Knight was. I am anticipating having a lot of hoops conversations with him this year as the Hoosiers should be great.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:10 am 

:bball:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am 

yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, no.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:43 am 

How many do you think Mr. Zeller has posted up?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
RFDC wrote:
How many do you think Mr. Zeller has posted up?

I can't imagine being so tall that a chick didn't have to get on her knees to suck your junk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdm4Oi1Y ... re=related

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good ole Bobby Knight

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:16 am 

spanky wrote:
yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, no.

The half woman on the far right has dirty shoes...dirty, dirty shoes!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:59 pm 

Two freshman banned 9 games each for receiving money. Cheaters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Big Chicagoan wrote:

So, sounds like 1099, then.

Asked and answered.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Could have been a lot worse. A total of $14,000 of benefits between the two.

Any time Baylor is involved in a recruitment like they were for Perea you know a lot of things are happening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:48 pm 

Quote:
The NCAA's announcement Tuesday ends 18 months of speculation about the IU freshmen that began with an ESPN report in May of 2011 about Indiana Elite AAU coach Mark Adams and his nonprofit organization A-Hope, founded to support aspiring athletes from foreign countries.

Adams had maintained all along that his actions were permissible because he was their AAU coach and in the case of Perea had attempted to become his legal guardian. But the reason for the impermissible benefits ruling, according to the NCAA, was that Adams was considered an IU athletics donor because he gave a total of $185 to the university between 1986-92. The three largest gifts were $30 and the smallest was $20.

Adams hasn't donated to the university since then. Adding to the irony is that all of the money donated occurred before Perea and Jurkin were born.

Still, when Adams provided the benefits to Jurkin, Perea and former IU player Tijan Jobe it violated NCAA rules. In June of this year, Indiana filed a report with the NCAA specifying everything it knew about the impermissible benefits.

The report showed that Perea had received benefits from Adams in the amount of $9,007.92. Jurkin received $6,003.51 and Jobe $2,655.00. The university revealed that the impermissible benefits to Jobe were not realized until after he had completed his two-year IU eligibility in 2010.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm 

Well, at least he didn't buy them a pizza or IU would be looking at a couple years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:52 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
The NCAA's announcement Tuesday ends 18 months of speculation about the IU freshmen that began with an ESPN report in May of 2011 about Indiana Elite AAU coach Mark Adams and his nonprofit organization A-Hope, founded to support aspiring athletes from foreign countries.

Adams had maintained all along that his actions were permissible because he was their AAU coach and in the case of Perea had attempted to become his legal guardian. But the reason for the impermissible benefits ruling, according to the NCAA, was that Adams was considered an IU athletics donor because he gave a total of $185 to the university between 1986-92. The three largest gifts were $30 and the smallest was $20.

Adams hasn't donated to the university since then. Adding to the irony is that all of the money donated occurred before Perea and Jurkin were born.

Still, when Adams provided the benefits to Jurkin, Perea and former IU player Tijan Jobe it violated NCAA rules. In June of this year, Indiana filed a report with the NCAA specifying everything it knew about the impermissible benefits.

The report showed that Perea had received benefits from Adams in the amount of $9,007.92. Jurkin received $6,003.51 and Jobe $2,655.00. The university revealed that the impermissible benefits to Jobe were not realized until after he had completed his two-year IU eligibility in 2010.

There are a lot of rumors about A-Hope. The NCAA is basically sending this out as a warning.

It seems like it's not a big deal, but this will change how everyone deals with A-Hope, especially Indiana.

Secretly, IU is thankful that this was the only thing that happened to them, just like Izzo is thankful he only got a one game suspension for some similar shady dealings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:

There are a lot of rumors about A-Hope. The NCAA is basically sending this out as a warning.

It seems like it's not a big deal, but this will change how everyone deals with A-Hope, especially Indiana.

Secretly, IU is thankful that this was the only thing that happened to them, just like Izzo is thankful he only got a one game suspension for some similar shady dealings.

For sure.

Also, on principle, Tom Crean should've voluntarily suspended himself 1-2 games for his burrito tweet to a recruit a couple months ago. Just embarrassing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm 

:lol: You seem to be one of the good ones. Don't let RFDC taint you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm 

A long but good article. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=6587668

What happened here is the shutting down of the A-HOPE connection with the Indiana related coaches that were using it. Perea and Jurkin should be thankful that they aren't down for the season or their career. My guess is that all future recruits who do this will be.

This would open up the biggest can of worms in NCAA history. Every football and basketball program would have people who become legal guardians of potential recruits and then they can pay them whatever they want.

Other investigations are ongoing, but I believe it mostly has to do with Baylor and the massive amount of cheating everyone knows they do.

Oh, and by the way. It's been reported that Mark Adams has center court tickets at IU.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 pm 

Hoosiers crush Bryant at home by 40+. Watford with the 15 pts 15 rebs double double. Good start to the season against terrible competition.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:30 pm 

Honestly never heard of "Bryant" before today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Crean has implemented the five second rule at IU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... A3t-7QbgXY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 pm 

Legends Classic title game pits Georgetown vs. IU. Should be a fun game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:04 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

Is that going to be televised? I been looking through the listings and don't see it...

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Is that going to be televised? I been looking through the listings and don't see it...

Yes, on ESPN.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 pm 

Thanks Hawg. For some reason here it says under the info that it is College basketball teams to be determined.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 am 

uh-oh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
uh-oh

:D You were saying?

So is this going to be part of your schtick?

Let me help you out. Indiana is going to lose games this year. But that does not change the fact that they are one of the best teams in the country this year. I know that bothers you, but that's just the way it is.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next