It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
No, when Ten Foot Midget came on here and started participating normally to ingratiate himself with us in time for the voting, then turned around and went back to shit-talking the board.
He sucked up to Bernstein for years. It wasn't surprising he did it to us for a few months.

When a chance to be a blogger opens up you do whatever is necessary.

This story is getting less and less historically accurate.

He didnt ingratiate himself to anyone. For the few weeks he posted here, he got more shit than most people would in a year. People were lined up to tell him to fuck off.

I didnt vote for him. Did you? I dont think the 20 votes he may have gotten here affected anything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
this is exactly what Mitch wants out of the contest. He should be looking for the next North but instead he is looking for the next espnized nondescript talk host.

Insofar as Dan Bernstein is a nouveau-riche meatball Sox fan who traffics heavily in racial theory, worships Jerry Reinsdorf, and thinks his show can tackle bigger topics than it actually can, he's the next Mike North.

Again, bernstein is not really a Sox fan. That's just something he says on the radio. He's like North in that regard too. North was another "Sox fan". But it's hard to hide one's emotions when they are tied to a baseball team. bernstein's Sox talk mainly consists of mocking Sox prospects or ripping Beckham. His Cubs talk is loaded with him waxing poetic about the bright future. Does that really sound like a Sox fan to you? Same thing for North. He claimed to be a Sox fan but all his baseball memories revolve around the Cubs.

I still think you're way off on this. Bernstein anyway. Not sure about North.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:43 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
No, when Ten Foot Midget came on here and started participating normally to ingratiate himself with us in time for the voting, then turned around and went back to shit-talking the board.
He sucked up to Bernstein for years. It wasn't surprising he did it to us for a few months.

When a chance to be a blogger opens up you do whatever is necessary.

This story is getting less and less historically accurate.

He didnt ingratiate himself to anyone. For the few weeks he posted here, he got more shit than most people would in a year. People were lined up to tell him to fuck off.

I didnt vote for him. Did you? I dont think the 20 votes he may have gotten here affected anything.
I voted for him 500 times because I thought that Ten Foot Midget was my new best friend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:

Bernstein most likely took the same path to Sox fandom as Mackeyfish. Mac has admitted many times he was originally a Cubs fan and switch to the Sox. My dad did the same exact thing after 1969. Only issue issue is even though they try their hardest to be a "die sox white fan" at heart they are all still Cubs fans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:21 am 

Any Chicago fan who appreciates excellence would obviously choose to be a White Sox fan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Kirkwood wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Bernstein most likely took the same path to Sox fandom as Mackeyfish. Mac has admitted many times he was originally a Cubs fan and switch to the Sox. My dad did the same exact thing after 1969. Only issue issue is even though they try their hardest to be a "die sox white fan" at heart they are all still Cubs fans.

I'm not positive about this, but I think Mac has said that after the Sox won in '05, he'd rather see the Cubs win one now. I don't call that a Sox fan. If the Sox won twenty-five in a row, Frank Coztansa and I want them to win the 26th. That's a Sox fan.

And really, this is the problem I have with the balance on the Score. Call it "WSOX" all you want but the Cubs fans are real Cubs fans. Finfer is NEVER going to say a good word about the Sox and he hopes they lose 162 every year. I can respect that. It's fine. He's a Cubs fan. drinky is a Cubs fan too. Unabashed. But all the so-called "Sox fans" almost always have a better outlook on the Cubs than they do "their own team".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I understand your premise JORR, but I think that's an awfully broad brush you're painting with there.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm not positive about this, but I think Mac has said that after the Sox won in '05, he'd rather see the Cubs win one now

He did say something along those lines, but I don't think it was he would rather see the Cubs win over the Sox, but now that the Sox have won one in his life time that the big thing left he wants to see happen is the Cubs win one. I think he would still rather see the Sox win 25 in a row.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Last edited by RFDC on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am 
Site Admin

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I understand your premise JORR, but I think that's an awfully broad brush you're painting with there.

Well, who are the guys on the Score you would call aggressive Sox fans in the way that guys like Hanley, Abbatacola, Finfer, and Zawaski are aggressive Cubs fans? Not to mention Murph who is gone and was the worst of them all. By aggressive, I mean that they aren't going to see the Sox in any type of favorable light. Fred was sort of that guy, I think. Which isn't something that I have a problem with, as I said. But there is no antidote. bernstein is supposedly a Sox fan. I know Mully is a real Sox fan. But both those guys are going to always take the negative view of the Sox and a more positive one of the Cubs. At least that's how it seems to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yeah, I know Mac's history but I just dont see it in Bernstein

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Well, who are the guys on the Score you would call aggressive Sox fans in the way that guys like Hanley, Abbatacola, Finfer, and Zawaski are aggressive Cubs fans? Not to mention Murph who is gone and was the worst of them all. By aggressive, I mean that they aren't going to see the Sox in any type of favorable light. Fred was sort of that guy, I think. Which isn't something that I have a problem with, as I said. But there is no antidote. bernstein is supposedly a Sox fan. I know Mully is a real Sox fan. But both those guys are going to always take the negative view of the Sox and a more positive one of the Cubs. At least that's how it seems to me.

I would not call Hanley Drinky or Finfer aggressive. Cant speak on Zawaski.

You want aggessive Sox fan? Check out Carmen De Falco. He's the worst.

Mulligan is more PRO MY TEAM AND DOWN WITH YOURS than anyone at the SCORE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I would not call Hanley Drinky or Finfer aggressive. Cant speak on Zawaski.

You want aggessive Sox fan? Check out Carmen De Falco. He's the worst.

Mulligan is more PRO MY TEAM AND DOWN WITH YOURS than anyone at the SCORE

I don't hear that, Bryan. Mully is always looking at the Sox with a jaundiced eye. And I don't have a problem with that. A lot of Sox fans are negative toward the team. It's our nature.

I think OKC has already declared 2013 a bust. I don't question his Sox fan bonefides. But if he were to couple that up by saying, "I think the Cubs are really building something. Rizzo, Castro, people don't think so, but this team is close. They may just take the division." That to me isn't a Sox fan. It's not a realistic fan at all. It's a guy looking negatively at his own team and bending over backward to find the positive in another team. And bernstein does that type of shit all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 am 

I dont know what you hear but every time Mully mentions the Sox, he squeezes in a shot at the Cubs and when Hanley is criticizing the Cubs (plenty) he usually works in a Sox are awesome reference

Put Mac aside. He doesnt count, he's admitted to being a fan of both at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
I dont know what you hear but every time Mully mentions the Sox, he squeezes in a shot at the Cubs and when Hanley is criticizing the Cubs (plenty) he usually works in a Sox are awesome reference

Put Mac aside. He doesnt count, he's admitted to being a fan of both at some point.

The Mully and Hanley stuff is mellow, friendly shots back and forth. Mully generally takes a negative view of the Sox himself.

It's not like bernstein taking a shit on Charlie Leesman, a guy I'm certain how knows little about. If it were some Cub farmhand he'd be talking about how he's part of Theo's plan for the future and the guy probably wouldn't be nearly as good as Leesman.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The Mully and Hanley stuff is mellow, friendly shots back and forth. Mully generally takes a negative view of the Sox himself.

It's not like bernstein taking a shit on Charlie Leesman, a guy I'm certain how knows little about. If it were some Cub farmhand he'd be talking about how he's part of Theo's plan for the future and the guy probably wouldn't be nearly as good as Leesman.

Well, he's clearly a Theo fan

I think he gets excited about the story of the Cubs winning. Not them actually winning.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

. If the Sox won twenty-five in a row, Frank Coztansa and I want them to win the 26th. That's a Sox fan.".

win 26 AND Cubs lose 100. That's a Sox fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Isn't Mac's point about the Cubs winning due to radio ratings/interest/excitement/listenership? If so, makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:
Isn't Mac's point about the Cubs winning due to radio ratings/interest/excitement/listenership? If so, makes sense.

No, I think the child in him and the cub fan in him still wants it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mac has real Cub fan memories from the Billy William days of his youth.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Keeping Score wrote:
Anybody?

Nope. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
For whatever reason I was in the car at 2am yesterday and flipped this on. A very clearly drunk caller asked Steven what his opinion was on this whole Derrick Rose situation. This wouldn't have been so bad if Steven hadn't said Rose needs to get back out there a moment before taking that call.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:43 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
For whatever reason I was in the car at 2am yesterday and flipped this on. A very clearly drunk caller asked Steven what his opinion was on this whole Derrick Rose situation. This wouldn't have been so bad if Steven hadn't said Rose needs to get back out there a moment before taking that call.

I think that's pretty much the exact time I had stepped out into the garage. The caller before that dude was quite coherent and I had thought to myself at the time, that I was gonna make a post about how Berger at least doesn't get "Les Callers". Two minutes later........that guy.

I turned on the radio in the middle of that first guy's call. He was on for like three minutes and I started to think he was a guest considering how coherent he sounded for a 2am Sunday call, then I remembered that didn't make a lick of sense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaPlace
The Steven Burger wouldn't have a show if no one called in. Everyone wants LES and we get stuck with Mr. Hamburger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:45 am 
1000 CLUB

God that was a brutal listen. Bring back Maya Gavin already.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Sounded like he was about to have a heart attack when discussing Tiger's penalty...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Fucking brutal.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Scorehead wrote:
Fucking brutal.

Exactly...why the hell am I listening to this shit!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:28 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
"Golf isn't viable."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:58 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
"Golf isn't viable."

I hate golf and it's dumb but what does this even mean.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
"Golf isn't viable."

I hate golf and it's dumb but what does this even mean.

It doesn't thrive outside the womb.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next