It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
IU!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 am 

Any time you can win at Mich St it is a huge win.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Gettin all they can handle tonight :lol: Loses to Illini and minnesota a two seed

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 pm 

Missed the game. WTF happened??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
OK......I have been watching them all season. I jumped on the Olidipo bandwagon after I attended the Coppin State game. I was in Indy for the loss to Butler.

What is eating at me is that I think Cody Zeller is totally soft. If this guy is so damned great, he sure hides it. IU lives and dies with jump shots.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
OK......I have been watching them all season. I jumped on the Olidipo bandwagon after I attended the Coppin State game. I was in Indy for the loss to Butler.

What is eating at me is that I think Cody Zeller is totally soft. If this guy is so damned great, he sure hides it. IU lives and dies with jump shots.

I don't think it is just Zeller, the entire team is soft. When a team plays physical like Ohio St did the other night they seem to really struggle.

They better step up their play come tourney time or it is going to be be a disappointing end to the year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
It all starts and ends with Zeller. If he shows up to the game and wants to play they are damn near unbeatable. If he shows up and just goes thru the motions they are ripe for a big upset. I dont know how Crean is going to do it but he needs to make sure that Zeller is focused for the tournament or they could very well be a 2nd round out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:25 pm 

helluva win at Michigan. That ball sat on the rim and I just knew it was going in for Michigan but somehow it rolled off.

First outright Big 10 title in 20 years!

Still worried about this team in the tournament tho. Still too soft

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Some terrible coaching from Mich Bench!

Up 1 , you take your rebounders off the block?

They probably get the long rebound and at the very least get another shot at the line. Still winning by 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
RFDC wrote:
helluva win at Michigan. That ball sat on the rim and I just knew it was going in for Michigan but somehow it rolled off.

First outright Big 10 title in 20 years!

Still worried about this team in the tournament tho. Still too soft

I somwhat agree with the soft description. IU does play too much of a finesse game as they don't really have inside bruisers. But, it does take some huge nuts to win at tOSU, State and SUP.

Anyways, what a great damn season. Not as much fun as last year's but the acheivements have been way more impressive. Best is yet to come.

:bounce:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:09 pm 

Ok got some revenge for that Illinois loss earlier in the year. Now I want Wisconsin.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:37 pm 

My god do I hate Wisconsin. Why does Indiana have such a struggle against them???

ugh.

But with that said, gotta respect the way they play the game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
I'm seriously starting to think that Tom Crean is mentally imbalanced.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
I'm seriously starting to think that Tom Crean is mentally imbalanced.

Because of?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:08 pm 

Crean is weird. Met him at Malibu Grille while he was wining and dining a recruit. He's insane but in a very positive way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 pm 

If Indiana finds a way to win the National Championship this year they will owe a huge thanks to Wisconsin and Ohio State for showing them what they need to do in order to be unstoppable. Wisc and OSU have both beat them up and exposed them. I don't think Indiana will win it this year, but I hope I am proven wrong.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:30 pm 

Rumor down in Champaign (a rumor John Groce wouldn't deny, btw) is that Crean came into the Illinois locker room immediately after the game in Champaign clapping and backslapping Illinois players. He had to be removed.

Then, add in the weird-ass blow up in the Michigan game.

Then, add in the complete overreaction today with Bo Ryan where he practically hugged him. He's weird even by the distorted standards of coach in college. And why can't he buy pants that fit?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Rumor down in Champaign (a rumor John Groce wouldn't deny, btw) is that Crean came into the Illinois locker room immediately after the game in Champaign clapping and backslapping Illinois players. He had to be removed.

Then, add in the complete overreaction today with Bo Ryan where he practically hugged him. He's weird even by the distorted standards of coach in college. And why can't he buy pants that fit?

Hmm interesting, well he did marry into the Harbaugh family...so yeah.

Had not heard the Illinois deal. But I have heard of coaches going into opposing teams locker room to congratulate then before. So that don't sound like a big deal, and why would you "remove" a dude for just congratulating a team? Sounds like maybe there is some exaggeration going on in that one.

The Michigan deal is strange and I didn't think it was very professional to confront the dude on the court like that after the game. But the dude did have a pretty big role in the whole deal, so I guess I can see where Crean in the heat of the moment would say something...doesn't make it right tho.

I did not see the Ryan deal today. I turned the game off before the final horn.

:lol: And I can honestly say I have never paid any attention to his pants

But no doubt Crean is a unique dude who plays to the beat of his own drum. So far I like him and nothing that I have heard or seen concerns me

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 am 

Missed today's game but WTF? This team is so up and down.

They seem destined to get bumped off in the Sweet 16 or maybe the Elite 8.

Doesn't seem like a team of destiny.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:20 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
cpguy wrote:
Missed today's game but WTF? This team is so up and down.

They seem destined to get bumped off in the Sweet 16 or maybe the Elite 8.

Doesn't seem like a team of destiny.

pfft, don't discount the fact that the illini wore them out. seriously, they had to come with their A++ game in order to get past the illini, so turning around and playing a game ~24hrs later? yeah, in the immortal words of Jason "1" Goff -- KEEP IT.

Indiana should be thanking their lucky stars it'd take some sort of miracle to end up playing the Illini in the tournament. Ergo, I believe they'll have a nice deep run, that is, if they don't get beat early. So yeah put me down for either they'll getbeat early or have a nice deep run. One of those two things will happen, and you can take it to the bank. kind of like Elmhurst $teve's Cub$ Prediction$.

LITTLEKNOWNFACT: Elmhurst $teve is so renown and respected that when he walks into a strip club the hoochies reach into their stash and make it rain on themselves. His money is literally no good there because Elmhurst $teve would never let seedy strip clubs be$mirch the legacy of his own printed currency, the Douchemark!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 am 

Quote:
But no doubt Crean is a unique dude who plays to the beat of his own drum. So far I like him and nothing that I have heard or seen concerns me

I don't mean to impugn him as a coach. He's done a great job turning IU around. (I do think though that he's in the second tier of B10 coaches, though that's not a bad place to be considering the quality in the league). He just seems off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:55 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
(I do think though that he's in the second tier of B10 coaches, though that's not a bad place to be considering the quality in the league).

Yeah I agree.

Tier 1

Izzo
Motta
Ryan

Tier 2

Crean
Smith
Beilein

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 am 

Irish Boy wrote:

He also supposedly lectured Aaron Craft after the OSU game in Bloomington.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 am 

I'm trying really hard, but even I'm having trouble not having IU win the title. Syracuse and then the title game is all I really have as possible losses.

Congratulations on winning the national championship!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm trying really hard, but even I'm having trouble not having IU win the title. Syracuse and then the title game is all I really have as possible losses.

Congratulations on winning the national championship!

The Brick kiss of death. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 am 

RFDC wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
(I do think though that he's in the second tier of B10 coaches, though that's not a bad place to be considering the quality in the league).

Yeah I agree.

Tier 1

Izzo
Motta
Ryan

Tier 2

Crean
Smith
Beilein

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 am 

Vince feel free to list all the tier 4 coaches. :wink:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:47 am 

RFDC wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

Yeah I agree.

Tier 1

Izzo
Motta
Ryan

Tier 2

Crean
Smith
Beilein

I did not realize until I googled but Crean is actually a year older than Matta. Matta looks 15 years older.

Matta is more of a recruiter than coach. tOSU has seen more NBA talent flow through than any Big Ten school past few years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
If your IU, I would be worried about playing NC State, then Syracuse, then Miami, could be too much for them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:00 am 

reents wrote:
If your IU, I would be worried about playing NC State, then Syracuse, then Miami, could be too much for them.

You are getting to be the king of captain obvious statements around here.

NC State is going to have their hands full with Temple.

Syracuse is nothing scary this year.

Now Miami might be a problem, but Illinois is going to take them out for us.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next