It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:33 pm 

muman89 wrote:
As a Marquette fan, it wasn't all that surprising to see Tan Tommy get outcoached again last night. IU will only move forward to Final Four's once Crean is gone.

Funny considering the only Final Four Marquette has made since the 70's was under Crean.

Why didn't Williams have some great in game adjustments to beat Syracuse today?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hawg, be kind to Brick, it is a tough time for him right now. Indiana basketball #1. Notre Dame football #1. The Jets suck. Purdue is well Purdue.
I guess Purdue can get blown out in bowl games and flame out in the Sweet Sixteen just as well as Notre Dame and IU.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:50 pm 

Gotta get in the tournament to do that.

Nice try Brick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Gotta get in the tournament to do that.

Nice try Brick.
I'm not worried. We can be bad for another 2 years, and then make two straight Sweet Sixteens, and celebrate that "We're back!". It's the Indiana plan!

Will there be Sweet Sixteen rings this year too?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 pm 

Good luck with that plan. But to be back would mean Purdue was actually there at one point in time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:10 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Good luck with that plan. But to be back would mean Purdue was actually there at one point in time.
For IU to be back wouldn't they have to be there now though?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:12 pm 

:lol: Oh Brick. If you want to live a dream world where IU is not back, that is fine with me.

Maybe you guys can make the NIT next year...baby steps

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:15 pm 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: Oh Brick. If you want to live a dream world where IU is not back, that is fine with me.
If you want to set the standard of "back" at IU as making the Sweet Sixteen I have no problem with that. However, it's going to be harder to be condescending to programs that don't judge themselves by final fours. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:24 pm 

Anyways, I'm just giving it back because of all the IU fans that mocked Purdue for "only" making two straight Sweet Sixteens with Hummel, Moore, and Johnson even though they didn't even play together as juniors or seniors. I believe the common quote was "That's good for Purdue, but at IU we expect final fours".

Fingers crossed for you guys that Zellers draft stock fell enough to stay!

Last edited by Brick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:24 pm 

I know what you are doing and it is cool. For Purdue sweet sixteens are a successful season. And we both know Indiana is not "back" based on 2 sweet sixteen appearances, but the entire package of the last 2 years. I actually hope Purdue gets back to where they can compete for sweet sixteens in the near future. The Big 10 is much more fun when your main rival is capable of at least being competitive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by RFDC on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:
For Purdue sweet sixteens are a successful season.
Just like it is for IU, regardless of what they say when others do it. That's why they handed out sweet sixteen rings last year. I would assume they will this year too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm 

ok whatever man. Maybe if you keep saying that, someone besides a Purdue fan will actually believe it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:49 pm 

They really handed out sweet sixteen rings? That's awful.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

yes they did. But Brick likes to make it seem like they are the only school to do this. Other schools have as well.

I don't like the idea of it, but who cares. Medals, trophies, rings...

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:15 pm 

RFDC wrote:
ok whatever man. Maybe if you keep saying that, someone besides a Purdue fan will actually believe it.
Were the last two years great seasons? Were they good seasons? Were they disappointing seasons?
RFDC wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

yes they did. But Brick likes to make it seem like they are the only school to do this. Other schools have as well.

I don't like the idea of it, but who cares. Medals, trophies, rings...
I'm not saying they are the only school. I'm saying that IU fans love to use the high expectations at IU to put down other programs, including Purdue, Illinois, and Wisconsin, but when they "fail" to make it past the Sweet Sixteen they act like the players are great heroes who brought glory to IU. You can't have it both ways. IU fans loved to laugh that Moore and Johnson and Hummel failed to deliver, and yet when Hulls, Oladipo, and Zeller do the exact same thing IU is "back".

If you want to act like you are elite like Kentucky and Duke and North Carolina then don't celebrate Sweet Sixteens. That's for the programs beneath you like Purdue.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
RFDC wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Have they? Maybe my google-fu is weak but Indiana doing it is the only example I can find.

Have any other programs cut down their nets after a loss for clinching a share of the conference championship?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 pm 

Sorry Brick I cannot hear you, I have my sweet sixteen rings in my ears.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:32 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Have they? Maybe my google-fu is weak but Indiana doing it is the only example I can find.

Pretty sure I read that Tennessee did it under Pearl and I believe Marquette has done it under Williams.

No doubt it is a trend that needs to stop.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am 

RFDC wrote:
muman89 wrote:
As a Marquette fan, it wasn't all that surprising to see Tan Tommy get outcoached again last night. IU will only move forward to Final Four's once Crean is gone.

Funny considering the only Final Four Marquette has made since the 70's was under Crean.

Enjoy the Crean era, seriously. Ask any Marquette fan, glad he's in Bloomington now. IU will be better as soon as he leaves.

MU didn't hit any shots. Buzz is a much better in game coach than Crean, you're fooling yourself if you believe otherwise. Interesting that once Crean's recruits were gone from Marquette, MU has reached three straight sweet sixteens and an elite eight. Buzz must be doing something right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Great Season Guys!!!

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:02 pm 

muman89 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
muman89 wrote:

Enjoy the Crean era, seriously. Ask any Marquette fan, glad he's in Bloomington now. IU will be better as soon as he leaves.

MU didn't hit any shots. Buzz is a much better in game coach than Crean, you're fooling yourself if you believe otherwise. Interesting that once Crean's recruits were gone from Marquette, MU has reached three straight sweet sixteens and an elite eight. Buzz must be doing something right.

Yeah that is why every Marq fan I knew was bitching and moaning about how they could not believe Crean was leaving at the time.

Then of course fans say how much they like their new coach better.

When Williams leaves the same pattern will take place.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 pm 

RFDC wrote:
muman89 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
muman89 wrote:

Yeah that is why every Marq fan I knew was bitching and moaning about how they could not believe Crean was leaving at the time.

Then of course fans say how much they like their new coach better.

When Williams leaves the same pattern will take place.

We run in different MU fan circles clearly. The guy was loathed when he was at MU, he was a prick then, he's a prick now.

It's fine to be pissed that you expect more out of IU, you should, great program. Crean talks of 5 year plans, in 5 years at IU, he's 84-82, two sweet sixteens, one Big Ten title. Next year's team will take a step backwards. If you think Crean is the man to get IU to put banners up that mean something, then enjoy the ride. As someone who worked in the MU athletic dept under Cords, knew of Crean while at MU, I firmly believe IU will be elite again once someone else is coaching that program. A lot of IU alums I know seem to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm 

That 5 year record is pretty darn good considering the shit mess he inherited when he got here.

No one expected them to get where they were last year. This year was the year people expected a good team on the court. So he is ahead of schedule.

Hard to talk to much about what next year will bring until we know the future of Oladipo and Zeller.

I like what he is doing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
muman89 wrote:
It's fine to be pissed that you expect more out of IU, you should, great program. Crean talks of 5 year plans, in 5 years at IU, he's 84-82, two sweet sixteens, one Big Ten title. Next year's team will take a step backwards. If you think Crean is the man to get IU to put banners up that mean something, then enjoy the ride. As someone who worked in the MU athletic dept under Cords, knew of Crean while at MU, I firmly believe IU will be elite again once someone else is coaching that program. A lot of IU alums I know seem to agree.

The roster he was given when he 1st came to Bloomington was a trainwreck. From blank slate to national championship contender in 5 years. Last year Crean accelerated the IU rebuild and exceeded expectation. This year Indiana loses to a Final Four Syracuse team and he should be fired. Got it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
muman89 wrote:

The roster he was given when he 1st came to Bloomington was a trainwreck. From blank slate to national championship contender in 5 years. Last year Crean accelerated the IU rebuild and exceeded expectation. This year Indiana loses to a Final Four Syracuse team and he should be fired. Got it.

Don't blame the messenger, it's all Crean speak.

Shouldn't IU be good year in/year out though? As Crean said "It's Indiana, It's Indiana". By definition, in his 5 years there, shouldn't you expect more? Sure his first year was a mess, fine and dandy. This is college basketball, christ, it's Indiana for god's sake, you can/should be able to rebuild on the fly, especially as a blueblood program.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
muman89 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
muman89 wrote:

Don't blame the messenger, it's all Crean speak.

Shouldn't IU be good year in/year out though? As Crean said "It's Indiana, It's Indiana". By definition, in his 5 years there, shouldn't you expect more? Sure his first year was a mess, fine and dandy. This is college basketball, christ, it's Indiana for god's sake, you can/should be able to rebuild on the fly, especially as a blueblood program.

This will sound very prickish, but you have no idea how terrible the program was when he got there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:46 pm 

I'm not anti-IU either. It's a great school, for the most part the fan base "gets it", and when IU is good, college basketball as a whole is better for it.

Knowing what I know of Crean, how he treated people at Marquette, his ego, his stubborness, it's my belief he's much better at talent evaluating than in game coaching. I think in time IU will be better whenever he leaves. Hope at least Zeller sticks around for you guys, he needs to for his own career aspirations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Zeller can pack his fucking bags whenever he wants to. Soft fucking prick, go get fucked in the ass in the NBA and leave IU alone ya fucking dipshit. I wouldnt piss on him if I was on fire.

Sorry, I'm still a little upset by the team this season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 pm 

I live here, and there were a lot of people pissed off when Crean left. They did not want him to leave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Zeller can pack his fucking bags whenever he wants to. Soft fucking prick, go get fucked in the ass in the NBA and leave IU alone ya fucking dipshit. I wouldnt piss on him if I was on fire.

Sorry, I'm still a little upset by the team this season.

Tell us how you really feel.

I expect him and Oladipo to leave. Both will be lottery picks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next