It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: This show is a joke
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:10 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
It feels like it's Mac and Meat 60% of the time with the rest of the 40% split between Mac/Fill-In, Meat/Fill-In, Solo Larry.

That can't be far from the case. I'd guess that the percentage of shows where at least one of the two hosts is missing has to be close to 50%.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Don Tiny wrote:
There's simply no end to the entertainment value of the proles that get all bent out of shape because of someone else's employment arrangements. :roll:

This is a thread about the show so it stands to reason that people will talk about things that go on with the show and its hosts. Especially if said things lead to a perceived/real drop in show quality and double especially if those said things are bragged about on the show by said hosts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
SomeGuy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
There's simply no end to the entertainment value of the proles that get all bent out of shape because of someone else's employment arrangements. :roll:

This is a thread about the show so it stands to reason that people will talk about things that go on with the show and its hosts. Especially if said things lead to a perceived/real drop in show quality and double especially if those said things are bragged about on the show by said hosts.

It does make me laugh when hearing BigVoiceGuy's "Mac and Spiegs On the Score"...cut to Larry Holmes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The handshake
Seals the contract
From the contract
There's no turning back
The turning point
Of a career
In Korea, being insincere
The holiday
Was fun packed
The contract
Still intact

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I do think it seems that either one or the both of them are off an inordinate amount of time but its not like theres anything important going on locally now anyway so now is as good as a time as any to take time off. Dont need them there to discuss day 12 of Bears camp for sure.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
I do think it seems that either one or the both of them are off an inordinate amount of time but its not like theres anything important going on locally now anyway so now is as good as a time as any to take time off. Dont need them there to discuss day 12 of Bears camp for sure.

Allow me to retort: Leery.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good point. Guess it comes down to would you rather hear Finji or Larry?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
badrogue17 wrote:
Good point. Guess it comes down to would you rather hear Finji or Larry?

Finfer.

As I have said many times, I encourage Spiegel to take as many days off as he wants.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Let the record show.....

At least Murph showed up every day and acted like he gave a crap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
"Terry's Peeps" needs to change to "Teary's Mearied"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm 

Mac's timing is actually spot on. He's taken 4 weeks in between the end of hockey and the start of the exhibition season. He'll be back on Monday to talk about Friday's first game under the Trestman regime. Meat is a different bird, so it will be Mac driving what will likely be the best football oriented daily WSCR show through the Super Bowl. At which point he'll probably take a week or so to recharge his batteries.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Possibly, moniker. It's also possible that Mac is bailing on the show, taking time off to search for other job opportunities (WGN).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Brian's Mojito wrote:
Possibly, moniker. It's also possible that Mac is bailing on the show, taking time off to search for other job opportunities (WGN).

Wouldn't blame him one bit. No one should have to suffer working next to princess candyman for 3 additional years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
Mac's timing is actually spot on. He's taken 4 weeks in between the end of hockey and the start of the exhibition season. He'll be back on Monday to talk about Friday's first game under the Trestman regime. Meat is a different bird, so it will be Mac driving what will likely be the best football oriented daily WSCR show through the Super Bowl. At which point he'll probably take a week or so to recharge his batteries.

There's not so much as a chance in hell that Mac makes it through the Super Bowl without taking another week off at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Don Tiny wrote:

Expressing frustration at not hearing the host of a show you like for a month is not "get[ting] all bent out of shape".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Franky T wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Expressing frustration at not hearing the host of a show you like for a month is not "get[ting] all bent out of shape".

With that, I will agree and support entirely.

However, based on past reading, there's more than a couple of folks who get their outrage fired up because how dare someone use the (relative and subjective) cushy benefits offered by their employer .... missing a fella 'cause you like him and his show, no problem, I'd be the same way .... it's the other miscreants that just bore the fucking epidermis off of me.

Since we're here, if you don't mind a quick question .... who is that fella in you avatar? I cannot decide if I'm supposed to feel sorry for him or put him on the bus list. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Brian's Mojito wrote:

Funny.

Think anyone else would put up with his "I could give a crap" attitude? Who would want that cancer in their workplace?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Don Tiny wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

With that, I will agree and support entirely.

However, based on past reading, there's more than a couple of folks who get their outrage fired up because how dare someone use the (relative and subjective) cushy benefits offered by their employer .... missing a fella 'cause you like him and his show, no problem, I'd be the same way .... it's the other miscreants that just bore the fucking epidermis off of me.

Since we're here, if you don't mind a quick question .... who is that fella in you avatar? I cannot decide if I'm supposed to feel sorry for him or put him on the bus list. :lol:

He's just a guy expressing his frustration at the system - maybe he's frustrated that Mac takes off so much time. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:58 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Too bad they don't.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:05 pm 

I've got Mac at the minimum of a 6 weeks/year vacation schedule. He's taken the 4 weeks off recently and he always bails at the end of the year around Christmas for 2 weeks. That's 6 weeks used up already so he must get more than that because he's never there on Friday after Thanksgiving. Is he even there at all Thanksgiving week? There's no chance he goes from January till the summer without taking a week. So, maybe 8 weeks plus the major holidays? I'd take that deal if I could get it.

Bernstein is always there. I wish he'd take off more time and at least more than a week when he does take off. It might do him some good to pull away from the sports world for 2 weeks at a time. He seems to only take major holidays and days when he is pretending to be a member of the J ew.

Boers has something similar to the Mac plan in terms of time. Lots of random one or two day vacations and then his annual contract dispute trip.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Too bad they don't.

Ooooooo ... good one. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:05 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Too bad they don't.

I'll bottom-line it for you: if your epidermis fell off, and you suffered a massive infection and died, no one would care. You can imagine, then, how much less everyone cares which topics bore you. So, please, go fuck off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:08 pm 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Too bad they don't.

I'll bottom-line it for you: if your epidermis fell off, and you suffered a massive infection and died, no one would care. You can imagine, then, how much less everyone cares which topics bore you. So, please, go fuck off.

Ooooooo ... two-for-two. :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:27 pm 

Nah, scratch that ... I'll bottom line you, pal.

You make a thread that, like pretty much all threads, are based on your unsolicited opinion about something or someone.

Amongst others' replies is mine that state my opinion is I don't fucking get it.

Your retort is I'm an asshole and my opinion is neither required, warranted, nor requested.

Completely true on all three accounts.

Problem then is how are you immune from being a mouth asshole just the same?

You're bitching about some fuckfaces who don't give a shit about what you think .... I'm bitching about some fuckfaces that don't give a shit what I think .... how exactly do you find yourself to be materially different?

I'll hang up and wait for my answer.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Hey Bart your epidermis is showing!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:37 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hey Bart your epidermis is showing!!

This is, of course, the correct reference! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wrong section post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I don't think anyone is jealous of their contracts. I think most are just acknowledging that taking the kind of time off those 2 take and the timing of it makes for a shitty show. If you took pride in the entire product....not just the times you are on the clock you would not take off like they do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:05 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Nah, scratch that ... I'll bottom line you, pal.

You make a thread that, like pretty much all threads, are based on your unsolicited opinion about something or someone.

Amongst others' replies is mine that state my opinion is I don't fucking get it.

Your retort is I'm an asshole and my opinion is neither required, warranted, nor requested.

Completely true on all three accounts.

Problem then is how are you immune from being a mouth asshole just the same?

You're bitching about some fuckfaces who don't give a shit about what you think .... I'm bitching about some fuckfaces that don't give a shit what I think .... how exactly do you find yourself to be materially different?

I'll hang up and wait for my answer.

I care

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm 

good dolphin is good.

these sentences were written without capital letters in her honor. i just can't bring myself to badly format a quoted post however.