It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
NFL draws near, the show is picking up steam and it's almost go time.

Glad to hear Finfer take massive shots at MeatPants, it looks like both Ben F. and Panther Q. were correct in their theories that Meat had to beg to come back and take a pay cut. That's a SHARK like break, right there, folks.

Anyways,

-NFL centered show for the next few months.
-Fantasy Football
-Hub, HUB, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB.
And that's about it.

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:00 am 

if i was the score management i would make speigs get coffee and take out the trash everyday. "you wanted the job dude"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Good Christ candyman. Stop parading around the studio on your high horse over a fucking pre season game. Bernstein can not show up soon enough to squash him. I feel sorry for the producers and interns today. Somebody has their boss pants on today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Good Christ candyman. Stop parading around the studio on your high horse over a fucking pre season game. Bernstein can not show up soon enough to squash him. I feel sorry for the producers and interns today. Somebody has their boss pants on today.

What did he say?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 am 

redskingreg wrote:

What did he say?

His knob slobbering about the game is over the top. He almost sounds a little sauced.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
redskingreg wrote:

What did he say?

His knob slobbering about the game is over the top. He almost sounds a little sauced.

Last year's "Martz-lessness". Kiss of death.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I may bring some cds with me. I am going to have some decent windshield this afternoon and the initial returns
don't sound that promising.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Spiegel talking about his stupid band and how he puts as much effort into that as he does the show. Sounds like everyone BUT him actually sings in the band. Oh wait, now he's saying there are certain parts he can't possibly sing, so they bring in some other dude who can. Why even bother? What does fatty do when some other dude sings the song, that Grimace shuffle? I looked up his dumb ass band doing Whole Lotta Love, and yeah, Spiegel is not singing. Methinks he is not much of a singer. I am a singer. I sing this stuff. It is not impossible. And on a related note, I cannot stand cover bands who have to have chick singers sing Journey or AC/DC or whatever else because they're too lazy to get a guy who can sing that stuff. It's just lazy/effortless garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Spiegel talking about his stupid band and how he puts as much effort into that as he does the show. Sounds like everyone BUT him actually sings in the band. Oh wait, now he's saying there are certain parts he can't possibly sing, so they bring in some other dude who can. Why even bother? What does fatty do when some other dude sings the song, that Grimace shuffle? I looked up his dumb ass band doing Whole Lotta Love, and yeah, Spiegel is not singing. Methinks he is not much of a singer. I am a singer. I sing this stuff. It is not impossible. And on a related note, I cannot stand cover bands who have to have chick singers sing Journey or AC/DC or whatever else because they're too lazy to get a guy who can sing that stuff. It's just lazy/effortless garbage.

GOOD LUCK FINDING ANOTHER RADIO HOST WHO CAN MOVE

LIKE THIS....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 am 

ShipOfZion wrote:

Ugh. That was a rough listen, he needs to chill out and not bring up his cover band so much, he misses a lot of work because he is off "singing" somewhere so I'm not so sure that telling us that you put just as much into one as you do the other is a great idea.

The show can be a good, solid, smooth entertaining listen but it can all come to a violent, abrupt and crashing halt when shit like this gets on the air.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
ShipOfZion wrote:

I love posts like this on internet message boards. :lol:

Anyone can sing anything if they want. Some people are concerned that it actually sounds good though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Grimace.....its not just a name, its a way of life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:57 pm 

Franky T wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Anyone can sing anything if they want. Some people are concerned that it actually sounds good though.

Okay then, you tell me. I'm not all talk. I'm uploading me singing Over The Hills And Far Away by Zep right now, and I'll post it here when it's up. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think I could back it up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I should post the MySpace page we made for a song we drunkenly recorded back in college. It's awful.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 pm 

hey speigs- check out bruno mars at the last vicky secret show. another flat-out amazing performance. perfect song, perfect talent, perfect scenery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjgKwRCg0dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5gpOpHbECk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:45 pm 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Franky T wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Okay then, you tell me. I'm not all talk. I'm uploading me singing Over The Hills And Far Away by Zep right now, and I'll post it here when it's up. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think I could back it up.

Here it is.....

http://vimeo.com/73157588

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
"Where did you sing your Zeppelin?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:25 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Better than I could do, Zion.

Not too shabby.

Thank you. I just recorded it at home for fun several years ago, and to be honest it's not really even the best I could do. I've gotten a lot better since this. Also, I get a little self-conscious recording at home. I hold back a little because I can imagine what my neighbors are thinking as I'm singing at the top of my lungs. If I was in a proper studio or singing in a club or something, then I let it rip.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm 

ShipOfZion wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
Better than I could do, Zion.

Not too shabby.

Thank you. I just recorded it at home for fun several years ago, and to be honest it's not really even the best I could do. I've gotten a lot better since this. Also, I get a little self-conscious recording at home. I hold back a little because I can imagine what my neighbors are thinking as I'm singing at the top of my lungs. If I was in a proper studio or singing in a club or something, then I let it rip.

Who'd you have squeezing your sack?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm 

I just put on those skin tight jeans like Robert Plant is wearing in The Song Remains The Same.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:01 pm 

I can not believe no one has mentioned the 2 classic princess moments today.

1. Mac or someone brought up the becoming the who concert this weekend. Blah...blah...blah....he didn't sing lead hardly at all....then he mentions the backstage catering......and how he packed himself an all you can eat to go box of pork products. This explains a lot. How many rock stars pack up a to go box from catering?

2. Somehow they got on the topic of one of the producers...shep I think....proposing a wager of some sorts to the candyman involving who will be in the world series. Candy keeps bringing it up and saying he should do it. They seem to agree on the teams and then start talking the terms of the wager.....they are about to settle on a steak dinner......when the princess throws out there that the steak dinner or whatever dinner is going to be out of the station freebie box and not his pocket. Groans all around at this cheap ass bitch move. He said 1 steak dinner bet was all he could deal with and no dice. Seriously??? Putting up a sponsor gift card as your wager??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm 

I can not believe no one has mentioned the 2 classic princess moments today.

1. Mac or someone brought up the becoming the who concert this weekend. Blah...blah...blah....he didn't sing lead hardly at all....then he mentions the backstage catering......and how he packed himself an all you can eat to go box of pork products. This explains a lot. How many rock stars pack up a to go box from catering?

2. Somehow they got on the topic of one of the producers...shep I think....proposing a wager of some sorts to the candyman involving who will be in the world series. Candy keeps bringing it up and saying he should do it. They seem to agree on the teams and then start talking the terms of the wager.....they are about to settle on a steak dinner......when the princess throws out there that the steak dinner or whatever dinner is going to be out of the station freebie box and not his pocket. Groans all around at this cheap ass bitch move. He said 1 steak dinner bet was all he could deal with and no dice. Seriously??? Putting up a sponsor gift card as your wager??

Yep. He's more concerned with stuffing his face than actually singing. I want to know how he delegates who is gonna sing what. Like, "You better sing this part of Pinball Wizard. I can't sing it." And then he proceeds to polish off a 20 piece while some other dude sings in the band he's supposed to be the singer of.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
ShipOfZion wrote:

Here it is.....

Music sounds real good. Singing is ok...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

ShipOfZion wrote:

I like this guy! :lol:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:45 pm 

Makalu G wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Here it is.....

Yeah, I did this years ago, as I mentioned. I'm much better now in general. But the point being that pussy Spiegel won't even attempt shit like this.

Edit to add: Just listened to The Ocean which I did at the same time as Over The Hills.... That one's better. Probably should have posted that instead.

Last edited by ShipOfZion on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:45 pm 

I am still shocked that he hasn't gotten more shit for trying to use a sponsor gift card for a personal bet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
ShipOfZion wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Here it is.....

Yeah, I did this years ago, as I mentioned. I'm much better now in general. But the point being that pussy Spiegel won't even attempt shit like this.

Edit to add: Just listened to The Ocean which I did at the same time as Over The Hills.... That one's better. Probably should have posted that instead.

I'm sure he does in his room at home - much like you. Although, in front of an audience, maybe he he's right to defer to someone who can sing it better. Just a thought...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:14 am 

Franky T wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:
Makalu G wrote:
ShipOfZion wrote:

Here it is.....

I'm sure he does in his room at home - much like you. Although, in front of an audience, maybe he he's right to defer to someone who can sing it better. Just a thought...

Well....he did just have to take a paycut to keep his job.