It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Skirmishing with Rongey
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Obviously the Sox season is one big shit show. Ranger has decided to come to the defense of one Adam the Oaf Dunn recently. According to Rongey, don't point a finger of blame at Oaf. Rongey throws the STATS UP.
This idea that Sox fans are fools seems to infect everybody that collects any type of check at 35th and Shields.
Adam the Oaf has been one of the most despised players the Sox have had in decades. Nobody cares about his performance when the Sox are 20 games out and 20 games under.
Rongey seems to have forgotten last September's performance by The Oaf. When it MATTERED.

Anybody with an ounce of sense knows Hahn would unload Dunn and his remaining year on that awful contract in a heartbeat.

Rongey needs to find something else to talk up. NOT OAF DUNN.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Agreed Bob.

It was a horrible signing in hindsight but I admire Dunn for continuing to work hard unlike that douche in the rangers uniform last night.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
This idea that Sox fans are fools seems to infect everybody that collects any type of check at 35th and Shields.

Isn't that the truth! I've rarely seen a business hold its customers in contempt the way the White Sox do. This "Us vs. Them" attitude seems to permeate the organization to the point where it's Us vs. the paying fan.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Quote:
Hawk says: "Tell you what, I've never seen a group of more despicable folk than Sox fans"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 am 
Site Admin

jimmypasta wrote:
Quote:
Hawk says: "Tell you what, I've never seen a group of more despicable folk than Sox fans"

They assume we're all Ligues.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Our only hope is that Rongey crosses the line some day insulting Sox fans and gets fired. I know, unlikely, but still....what else is there but hope? Not like anyone else would offer him a job.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Hatchetman wrote:
Our only hope is that Rongey crosses the line some day insulting Sox fans and gets fired. I know, unlikely, but still....what else is there but hope? Not like anyone else would offer him a job.

I think you're wrong about that. Rongey is a polished broadcaster. He has a good natural voice for radio. He doesn't sound like an over-pronouncing weirdo like bernstein, a mumbling fool like Boers, an illiterate "Park Districk" worker like North, or a beached porpoise like Ben Finfer. My beef with Rongey is that his default position is to be combative with Sox fans. Dave Wills had no problem telling a caller he was an idiot and I never minded that. But Rongey just cannot commiserate with Sox fans. We're all watching the games. You can't polish a turd.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:14 pm 

Obviously the Sox season is one big shit show. Ranger has decided to come to the defense of one Adam the Oaf Dunn recently. According to Rongey, don't point a finger of blame at Oaf. Rongey throws the STATS UP.
Adam the Oaf has been one of the most despised players the Sox have had in decades. Nobody cares about his performance when the Sox are 20 games out and 20 games under.
Rongey seems to have forgotten last September's performance by The Oaf. When it MATTERED.

Anybody with an ounce of sense knows Hahn would unload Dunn and his remaining year on that awful contract in a heartbeat.

Rongey needs to find something else to talk up. NOT OAF DUNN.

The stats are that Dunn has never had a decent month with the team in three years where they were not buried 20 games under .500. I am not even talking about a good month. The guy has been the buster of all busters and caused several others to be shipped out of town only because they couldn't eat or trade his contract.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I think you're wrong about that. Rongey is a polished broadcaster. He has a good natural voice for radio. He doesn't sound like an over-pronouncing weirdo like bernstein, a mumbling fool like Boers, an illiterate "Park Districk" worker like North, or a beached porpoise like Ben Finfer. My beef with Rongey is that his default position is to be combative with Sox fans. Dave Wills had no problem telling a caller he was an idiot and I never minded that. But Rongey just cannot commiserate with Sox fans. We're all watching the games. You can't polish a turd.

My beef with Rongey is he rambles way too long when responding to callers or if forced to try and articulate a point

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
billypootons wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

My beef with Rongey is he rambles way too long when responding to callers or if forced to try and articulate a point

Sometimes it takes awhile to formulate his arguement pro sox no matter what the situation.

He has 2 responses for everything. Here are your choices.

RESPONSE 1 - Let me explain to you what the Sox are doing. Usually in response to a caller asking why they are doing something that could be explained 2 ways, Rongey takes the one that makes the Sox look smart.

RESPONSE 2 - When he cant even think of a way to spin it, to make the Sox organization look good, thats when he doesnt know what is going on, he can't tell you because he doesnt know what is going on in the organization.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Sometimes you just can't spin a shit situation into something good. That's why I laughed my ass off when he asked Cooper about the positives you could take away from the last month and Coop answered "None". He couldn't get all combative and nasty with Cooper or he would have gotten the "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Chief" treatment, so Rongey just hung up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Isn't that the truth! I've rarely seen a business hold its customers in contempt the way the White Sox do. This "Us vs. Them" attitude seems to permeate the organization to the point where it's Us vs. the paying fan.

Maybe they're trying to cultivate an Ed Debevic's sort of thing. That Brooks Boyer is a smart person.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i have to confess that once i heard aggroSFB call adam dunn "the oaf" everytime i see him now i can't help but think "oh, there's the oaf"

twas an honor and a privilege, sir!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I don't think there's a CSFMBer here who doesn't think of Dunn as Oaf. I still think of WEIRD JERRY.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
I can't believe Rongey hasn't been indicted yet for endorsing a sandwhich as being a footlong when it's only 11".