It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Would always get a lot of crap for those chaps from friends who didn't like VH.

Hey, maybe there wasn't Gold Bond back in the early 80s. Leather chafes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wasn't a good night of "investing" for Mac last night, as the Broncos dominated the Ravens. Manning looks to be back to 100%, as the nerve regeneration must be complete now. Paul Charchian was right about the Broncos running backs, none did much and it looks like Denver isn't all that interested in running the ball, with nobody on the team getting even 10 rushing attempts. With the lopsided score later in the game, they ran a bit more, but still not that much, as Manning threw for 7 touchdowns.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
"Mac the Mush" strikes again. Of course, in true Mac fashion, he waits until the number drops to 7 or 7.5, instead of 9.5 earlier in the week. I knew my Ravens +9.5 was dead in the water once he hopped on board. It's a good thing he makes six figures, or he would live in a trailer.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 am 

Chus wrote:
"Mac the Mush" strikes again. Of course, in true Mac fashion, he waits until the number drops to 7 or 7.5, instead of 9.5 earlier in the week. I knew my Ravens +9.5 was dead in the water once he hopped on board. It's a good thing he makes six figures, or he would live in a trailer.

What to about those of us that don't have the ability to bet games early in the week like that?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Phil Simms at 11:30. Is this going to be W_Z ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:21 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Wait, what? Phil Simms will be on the show talking to our guys? Don't they hate Phil Simms? Haven't they shit all over his face on live radio?

Interesting!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Wait, what? Phil Simms will be on the show talking to our guys? Don't they hate Phil Simms? Haven't they shit all over his face on live radio?

Interesting!

Mac loves this Phil Simms.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am 

Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
Would always get a lot of crap for those chaps from friends who didn't like VH.

Hey, maybe there wasn't Gold Bond back in the early 80s. Leather chafes.

Love the chaps! Roth knew how to play the part, most definitely. His outfit from the 2nd half of the 1983 US Festival was crazy, he looked like a chicken man from an apocalyptic future. Although that US Festival performance may have been his absolute worst from the VH-era, hilarious as hell, though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Interesting!

Mac loves this Phil Simms.

You hitting the glass dick, again, HAWG? I've heard make verbally pull his pantalones down and pinch off a 2lb coiled steamer on Phil Simms.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
SomeGuy wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Interesting!
Anytime you have Peyton Manning, in Dinver, against a defense that is not very good with some new faces, you know that there is a pretty good chance of seeing the Broncos putting up some high numbers in points most of the time.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:

What to about those of us that don't have the ability to bet games early in the week like that?

I would suggest finding another guy, if you can't bet NFL games early in the week. Easier said than done, but I would try.

Obviously, the line move didn't matter last night, but there will be several instances where it will, especially in the NFL. Getting a good number is half the battle. I know that my tone on this subject often comes across as condescending, but I am trying to help.

Mac got burned by bad numbers several times last year. Whenever he talks about "investing", I perform the largest face palm in history. He is an action junkie, nothing more. His guy probably sends a X-mas card every year.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am 

Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:

I would suggest finding another guy, if you can't bet NFL games early in the week. Easier said than done, but I would try.

Obviously, the line move didn't matter last night, but there will be several instances where it will, especially in the NFL. Getting a good number is half the battle. I know that my tone on this subject often come across as condescending, but I am trying to help.

Mac got burned by bad numbers several times last year. Whenever he talks about "investing", I perform the largest face palm in history. He is an action junkie, nothing more. His guy probably sends a X-mas card every year.

Well, next time we play golf you can call me the same thing. I know of no one in this area that will do that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:08 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:

Obviously, the line move didn't matter last night, but there will be several instances where it will, especially in the NFL. Getting a good number is half the battle. I know that my tone on this subject often come across as condescending, but I am trying to help.

Well, next time we play golf you can call me the same thing. I know of no one in this area that will do that.

Not having the ability to get early numbers, is different than passing up good numbers, just to take bad ones.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:13 am 

That's my point I guess, maybe he is in the same boat. I have been gambling up here 17 years and I have never heard of a local bookie that will give you early numbers, and I have been thru several of them from all over. I just don't know if that is as easy as you think it is and good for you that you do. I do wish I did.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
(W)Phil (Z)Simms is going to be on Mac & Spiegs in a bit...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: LouMal
He bets with Bovada. Anyone who has that as their only out deserves to lose.
Bovada still doesn't have moneylines up for the NFL this weekend, they are a joke.
Any decent book will have the next week's NFL lines up Sunday night or Monday morning .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:31 am 

Buster wrote:
He bets with Bovada. Anyone who has that as their only out deserves to lose.
Bovada still doesn't have moneylines up for the NFL this weekend, they are a joke.
Any decent book will have the next week's NFL lines up Sunday night or Monday morning .

Just curious, how do you know this? Maybe he announced it, I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:32 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
That's my point I guess, maybe he is in the same boat. I have been gambling up here 17 years and I have never heard of a local bookie that will give you early numbers, and I have been thru several of them from all over. I just don't know if that is as easy as you think it is and good for you that you do. I do wish I did.

He has a guy, and he plays on Bodog, so they are available to him. Bodog opened Baltimore +9, and closed at 7.5. He often references bodog's lines early in the week. The line move didn't matter anyway, and most times a move from 9 to 7.5 won't matter. Mac will wait until a key number has been crossed, and then fire away. 3, 4, 6, and 7 are key numbers. When it comes to betting totals, almost 40% of the time, the number will land on one of these numbers: (33, 37, 38, 41, 44, 45, 47, 48, 51, and 54). 37 is the most common. 1/2 point either way is huge.

Last year, when the Lions came to town, I took Bears -5. Mac waited until the line got to 6.5 or 7, and then pulled the trigger. The game ended up 13-7.

There was another prime time game involving the 49ers, where he took a bad line. He went on the air, and bitched because Harbaugh told the punter to run out of the end zone for a safety. He blamed his loss on that, when the reality was, he bet a bad line. I tried to explain it to him via twitter, and he would hear none of it.

I really don't care if he, or anybody else best bad lines, but he goes on the air and brags about his "investing", when he is more full of shit, than a porto-john after a concert.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 am 

Ok, good luck this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:38 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
(W)Phil (Z)Simms is going to be on Mac & Spiegs in a bit...

Good stuff !!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I don't know this person but..

Quote:
Marc Hooks ‏@Marchooks 1m
Phil Simms is on the radio right now. I thought it was a mental patient. Seriously, I thought it was.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:41 am 

What they should do is take the money out of Bovada and deposit it in a decent book. There are plenty of deposit bonuses out there with the start of the NFL season.They could probably get a 30% deposit bonus.
They aren't smart enough to do that so they will continue to play at a place where they get the worst of the lines.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Quote:
TomLoxas ‏@TomLoxas 29s
Phil Simms from CBS parody on Score good stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Wasn't a good night of "investing" for Mac last night, as the Broncos dominated the Ravens. Manning looks to be back to 100%, as the nerve regeneration must be complete now. Paul Charchian was right about the Broncos running backs, none did much and it looks like Denver isn't all that interested in running the ball, with nobody on the team getting even 10 rushing attempts. With the lopsided score later in the game, they ran a bit more, but still not that much, as Manning threw for 7 touchdowns.

charge was right on the RB's but that was obvious heading in to the game... charge only had manning ranked 9th.... missed that one a bit this week (not like anyone benched manning but still). I don't think mannings arm strength is the same (whether it be age or neck related). his brain was working just fine last night though

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Keeping Score wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Here's Our Guy! W_Z as Phil Simms on with Mac and Spiegs back in '09!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I418BIlLJks

well done....!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:35 pm 

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/06/ ... -week-one/

The McNeil and Spiegel Show’s #showpot moves for week one of the NFL season are all set. A reminder that the picks don’t have to be NFL games, just that the actual wagering with the showpot and football season begins this week.

1st pick: Cincinnati -8 at Illinois ran away with the shows voting. The Bearcats have to go on the road Saturday in Champaign, a place where the Illini have struggled. The show put $200 on the Bearcats despite them giving 8 on the road.

2nd pick: Indianapolis -10 vs Oakland. You the listener voted and were the tie-breaker between this and the Bengals getting 3 points in their week one battle here in Chicago. 28% of listeners voted for the Colts being their pick for the week while just 7% of listeners liked the Bengals.

Showpot Status:
After placing these wagers the showpot is down to just $488 after placing these wagers but plenty of opportunities to grow that remain undecided. The show also has investments in the Colts to win the Super Bowl ($100 risk to win $4000), Jason Garrett to be the first coach fired ($100 to win $750) and Charles Tillman to finish the year with more than 4.5 forced fumbles ($100 to win $86.96).

The goal is to reach $3000 with the Showpot and have the five members of it spend NFL Championship Weekend in Las Vegas.

How long until the #ShowPot reaches $0.00 ?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:38 pm 

Chus wrote:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/06/show-pot-week-one/

The McNeil and Spiegel Show’s #showpot moves for week one of the NFL season are all set. A reminder that the picks don’t have to be NFL games, just that the actual wagering with the showpot and football season begins this week.

1st pick: Cincinnati -8 at Illinois ran away with the shows voting. The Bearcats have to go on the road Saturday in Champaign, a place where the Illini have struggled. The show put $200 on the Bearcats despite them giving 8 on the road.

2nd pick: Indianapolis -10 vs Oakland. You the listener voted and were the tie-breaker between this and the Bengals getting 3 points in their week one battle here in Chicago. 28% of listeners voted for the Colts being their pick for the week while just 7% of listeners liked the Bengals.

Showpot Status:
After placing these wagers the showpot is down to just $488 after placing these wagers but plenty of opportunities to grow that remain undecided. The show also has investments in the Colts to win the Super Bowl ($100 risk to win $4000), Jason Garrett to be the first coach fired ($100 to win $750) and Charles Tillman to finish the year with more than 4.5 forced fumbles ($100 to win $86.96).

The goal is to reach $3000 with the Showpot and have the five members of it spend NFL Championship Weekend in Las Vegas.

The Tillman bet sounded better on air. Now that I see it in print I am not liking that one too much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:42 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/06/show-pot-week-one/

Showpot Status:

The Tillman bet sounded better on air. Now that I see it in print I am not liking that one too much.

He has 37 in 10 years, after 10 last year. Under is probably the better bet.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 pm 

If you like the Bearcats you could have had them at 7 earlier in the week. You can still get them at 7.5 but of course these guys lay 8.