It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
When I was a young boy I loved watching sports and dreamed of being able to talk to the star players I was watching playing and also the stars I had heard of who played before I was born. I loved to listen to Chet Chester W Coppock, Chuck Swirsky, and other sportscasters interview these players and hear the stories they shared of playing their sport.

I thought I would love to be able to talk to these players and hear their stories.

Well my dream has come true. Over the past 5 years Elliott Harris and I have interviewed 161 football, basketball, baseball, & hockey Hall of Famers. 101 of these are Pro Football Hall of Fame members.

I feel like a kid in a candy store getting to talk to these guys. When I have gone to the Pro Football Hall of Fame the past two years and met these guys in person it was even more incredible.

Numerous players have complimented Elliott and me for the interviews and the DVDs we provide them of the interviews. It allows them to share their stories wih their family and friends via a video scrap book.

I'm living a dream and hope you enjoy listening to the interviews as much as Elliott and I enjoy conducting them.

Here is the link to the interviews.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sportsandtorts

David Spada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I have a few suggestions for interviews, if you haven't done them yet:

Bobby Doerr - Red Sox 2nd Baseman
Monte Irvin - Negro League star who played with the Cubs for a bit
Sammy Lee - first two time Gold Medal winner in Diving at the Olympics
Jake LaMotta - world champion boxer
Ralph Kiner - Pirates hall of famer
Red Schoendienst - Cardinals player and world series winning manager

If you do interview these people, please give their children a call first a few days before so they'll have time to prepare.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hey David! Congratulations on achieving your dream of being a C-level asslicker. With a little more work maybe you can reach the level of a Johngy! Speaking as a guy who is actually friends with many celebrities I can understand how you think you feel. Remember that time I played the bongos with Matt McConaughey? Plus, I actually get to fuck supermodels instead of just elbowing Ellliot Harris out of the way to drool over them. ON YOUR LEFT!!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Elliott and I interviewed Monte Irvin, Bobby Doerr, and Ralph Kiner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 pm 

spadaesq1 wrote:
Elliott and I interviewed Monte Irvin, Bobby Doerr, and Ralph Kiner.

Did you have Degenerate Dave on?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
When does the Krazy Ivan interview air?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Telegram Sam wrote:
When does the Krazy Ivan interview air?

I heard that's the interview that got Dick Cavett cancelled.

Side note - saw Dick Cavett on the $25k Pyramid the other day ... that man was so good he could've gotten a perfect 21 poitns with Helen Keller.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Way to go David. Glad you're happy.
:D

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Good job, Spada. Keep on keeping on.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: ------
When I was a young boy I loved watching sports and dreamed of being able to complain on the internet about the star players I was watching playing and also the stars I had heard of who played before I was born such as Zolio Versailles. But mostly I wanted to make fun of the people who covered sports on the radio and then later the internet. I listened to Chet Chester W Coppock, Chuck Swirsky, Chris Cross, and Sean Salisbury and other sportscasters interview these players and hear the stories they shared of playing their sport.

I thought I would love to be able to talk to about these players on the internet and make fun of them with other cretins.

Well my dream has come true. Over the past 5 years jimmypasta and I have quoted 161 Dragnet episodes. 101 of these were horribly misquoted.

I feel like a kid in a candy store getting to make fun of the sports media landscape with a bunch of men on computers with no pants on. When I have gone to the CSFMB Bulls event a few years ago and met these guys in person it was even more terrifying than I could have imagined.

Numerous posters have complimented Hank Scorpio and me for the insight and humor we provide this board on a daily basis. It allows some of the posters here a brief respite from the crushing boredom that is their daily work schedules and for that they are grateful to us.

I'm living a dream and hope you enjoy reading my posts much more than I enjoy writing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LWhNpTJU

Phillip J. McCracken esq.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

Last edited by Phil McCracken on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 am 

Phil McCracken wrote:
When I was a young boy I loved watching sports and dreamed of being able to complain on the internet about the star players I was watching playing and also the stars I had heard of who played before I was born such as Zolio Versailles. But mostly I wanted to make fun of the people who covered sports on the radio and then later the internet. I listened to Chet Chester W Coppock, Chuck Swirsky, Chris Cross, and Sean Salisbury and other sportscasters interview these players and hear the stories they shared of playing their sport.

I thought I would love to be able to talk to about these players on the internet and make fun of them with other cretins.

Well my dream has come true. Over the past 5 years jimmypasta and I have quoted 161 Dragnet episodes. 101 of these were horribly misquoted.

I feel like a kid in a candy store getting to talk to make fun of the sports media landscape with a bunch of men on computers with no pants on. When I have gone to the CSFMB Bulls event a few years ago and met these guys in person it was even more terrifying than I could have imagined.

Numerous posters have complimented Hank Scorpio and me for the insight and humor we provide this board on a daily basis. It allows some of the posters here a brief respite from the crushing boredom that is their daily work schedules and for that they are grateful to us.

I'm living a dream and hope you enjoy reading my posts much more than I enjoy writing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1LWhNpTJU

Phillip J. McCracken esq.

If anyone else posted this, it would be great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
If anyone else posted this, it would be great.
If you compare that to other posts by Phil McCracken it is better than Shakespeare.