It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
As I am now listening to Tranny.

Leary was unaware that CJ Wilson, the MLB Player, was the same guy who owned CJ Wilson autodealer? He thought it was just a coincidence that the ball player and car dealer were both named CJ Wilson (A very common name around here!) and that Spiegs did all the commercials referencing the Player in all his commercials for the dealership? And it took todays interview with CJ for Leary to realize it was the same guy?

Maybe you never thought about it before, that's a different story! But he claims he just thought they had the same name? So he has been aware of it, but never got the connection.

Yeah, just plain ole country stoopid.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I mean, it is a little odd that an athlete with no connection to Chicago would decide to own a Mazda dealership here, but still, use your head.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I got my last car at Edwin Encarnacion Dodge in Skokie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
In a twist of irony, the Bears rookie cornerback C.J. Wilson owns a Subaru dealership in Fort Worth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:00 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I mean, it is a little odd that an athlete with no connection to Chicago would decide to own a Mazda dealership here, but still, use your head.

Agree it is odd, but the commercial that Spiegel has been reading for the last year mentions that it is the MLB Player CJ Wilson!

Yet, the fact remains he was aware of the name similaritiy, but it he didnt think it would happen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I also possess a lack of intelligence then. I had no idea.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:17 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I got my last car at Edwin Encarnacion Dodge in Skokie.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:

let's all point and laugh at stupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: ------
good dolphin wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

let's all point and laugh at stupid

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:

Leary was unaware that CJ Wilson, the MLB Player, was the same guy who owned CJ Wilson autodealer? He thought it was just a coincidence that the ball player and car dealer were both named CJ Wilson (A very common name around here!) and that Spiegs did all the commercials referencing the Player in all his commercials for the dealership? And it took todays interview with CJ for Leary to realize it was the same guy?

Maybe you never thought about it before, that's a different story! But he claims he just thought they had the same name? So he has been aware of it, but never got the connection.

He is stupid because he doesn't know that a pitcher from Los Angeles owns a car dealership in Chicago? I'm no fan of Leary, but this is a stretch.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 am 

Raul Ibanez Mitsubishi in Rosemont!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:

He is stupid because he doesn't know that a pitcher from Los Angeles owns a car dealership in Chicago? I'm no fan of Leary, but this is a stretch.

Agreed.

I bigfan now thinks that I am a moron too. My weekend is ruined.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am 

You are not a moron if you didnt know.

You are a moron if you know the dealership is name CJ WILSON MAZDA and your station runs ad for the dealership which say "Besides from pitching in the Major Leagues, CJ's always wanted to own a car dealership"

You then admit to knowing that CJ Wilson Mazda exists and you have heard the commercial, but NEVER PUT THE 2 TOGETHER.

You would be a total moron for not figuring it out....or asking the question.

Now, why Cj Wilson wants to own a Mazda dealership in the South Burbs of Chicago and use his name in Ads all the time is another issue, but when your life is a sports job and you "never put the 2 together" yes, you are a total fucking moron.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
You are not a moron if you didnt know.

You are a moron if you know the dealership is name CJ WILSON MAZDA and your station runs ad for the dealership which say "Besides from pitching in the Major Leagues, CJ's always wanted to own a car dealership"

You then admit to knowing that CJ Wilson Mazda exists and you have heard the commercial, but NEVER PUT THE 2 TOGETHER.

You would be a total moron for not figuring it out....or asking the question.

Now, why Cj Wilson wants to own a Mazda dealership in the South Burbs of Chicago and use his name in Ads all the time is another issue, but when your life is a sports job and you "never put the 2 together" yes, you are a total fucking moron.

Thanks i feel better about myself.

And I understand your feelings toward Laurence here.

I will now have a glorious week end.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:33 am 

Glad :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv-siq380VY

How does C.J. Wilson not just get punched in the face every second? He's basically the IMU of the major leagues.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
bigfan wrote:

Ughh....

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Quote:
"Texas is known for having the nation's most draconian anti-Tesla rules, based on intense and cash-rich lobbying and political donations by Texas car dealers. What's amazing is what would-be Tesla owners still have to do to get their hands on--and maintain--a Tesla Model S. How do you buy a car the laws try to stop you from owning? By jumping through wacky hoops, it turns out. Tesla store staff, for example, can't tell visitors how much a Model S costs. They can't give test drives, and they can't discuss financing options. Tesla service centers are banned from showing the company logo — or advertising that they do Tesla warranty work or service at all. So how have 1,000 Model S cars been sold? That would be sheer persistence."

http://politics.slashdot.org/story/13/1 ... exas-rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:59 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Ughh....

Yeah, I was surprised to hear Scottie Pippen Dodge was owned by Scottie Pippen! I just figured it was another guy named Scottie Pippen! and he happened to own a Dodge Dealership! Then I heard the commercials on WGN with a basketball bouncing in the background and the sound of a SWISH and thought about it and still said 'No way could this be Scottie Pippen from the Bulls, had to be another Scottie Pippen!

Then someone told me it was Scottie Pippen and I was surprised!

Simple mistake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
bigfan wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Ughh....

Yeah, I was surprised to hear Scottie Pippen Dodge was owned by Scottie Pippen! I just figured it was another guy named Scottie Pippen! and he happened to own a Dodge Dealership! Then I heard the commercials on WGN with a basketball bouncing in the background and the sound of a SWISH and thought about it and still said 'No way could this be Scottie Pippen from the Bulls, had to be another Scottie Pippen!

Then someone told me it was Scottie Pippen and I was surprised!

Simple mistake
Maybe that other Scottie Pippen is the one whose been stiffing waitstaff throughout Chicagoland the last 20 years.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
IMU, KI, Leary....all takin' solid shots in this here thread, folks.

Glorious!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:06 am 

Who would ever think it was the same CJ Wilson, he is almost obscure! Where leary must have thought is the obscure bears rookie signed on the Practice Squad Cj Wilson must have opened a dealership!

Oct. 11, 2013
CHICAGO—Chicago sports fan and Major League star C.J. Wilson will be heating up the ice as the Blackhawks face the Calgary Flames on Sunday night, Nov. 3, at the United Center.

During the second intermission, Wilson will be shooting the puck for the charity he founded, C.J. Wilson’s Children’s Charities. He will have three chances to help the group win big, which will contribute to the 501(c)3’s mission of raising funds, awareness and youth participation in community service and charitable giving that directly benefits children and their families affected by chronic, life-threatening illnesses or dealing with social or financial challenges. More information about the group can be found at www.cjwcc.org.

The Angels pitcher will also be celebrating the Nov. 2 grand opening of his newest motorcycle dealership, KTM of Countryside, where he will meet with other motocross fans for pictures and autographs. More information about the dealership can be found at www.dirtbikenation.com.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:03 am 

I think Sir is smrt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:28 pm 

Between knowing about the car deals the voice talent get and knowing that for many other items they get well compensated (or freebies) for the voice reads, and the fact that its' Spiegel, I didn't give enough thought to who CJ Wilson is or why he sells Mazdas. Didn't know and really didn't care. That's Spiegel's effect on me, particularly having heard too many slingbox commercial from a "sports guy" with only one TV in his house.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:58 am 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
Between knowing about the car deals the voice talent get and knowing that for many other items they get well compensated (or freebies) for the voice reads, and the fact that its' Spiegel, I didn't give enough thought to who CJ Wilson is or why he sells Mazdas. Didn't know and really didn't care. That's Spiegel's effect on me, particularly having heard too many slingbox commercial from a "sports guy" with only one TV in his house.

If you worked for a sports talk radio station and did Sports ion TV and didnt know who Cj Wilson is , yeah, thats an issue!

Especially when at some point a MEMO came to your email that said something like "RADIO PERSONALITY NEEDED FOR CJ WILSON COMMERCIAL" , would be almost impossible to figure out this riddle!