It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I'm pretty sure he gave the big man the ol' cross-armed defiant posture as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Never the less, bigfan was crushed. His idol, Lawrence W. Holmes, obviously took umbrage with something bigfan allowed to be posted here and chose not to accept the gesture. We are now treated to an almost daily reminder of what becomes of the broken hearted...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
If only LoHo knew how much he was the most loved broadcaster on this board...and it's not even close....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Declining a handshake is pretty low rent. I don't think anything posted on here about Holmes has been too offensive.

Last edited by Powerhouse233 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Krazy Ivan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what Leery did to BigFan. Maybe Biggie was dating someone from NBC and Leery cock blocked him? :lol:

Laurence didn't shake bigfan's hand once.

I wish I were joking...

I totes get it. Freshman year of high school, I was invited to a girl's birthday party, which made sense, seeing as we had been friends for about four years at the time. As everyone was leaving, she hugged every boy goodbye except me, who only got a handshake. I spent the rest of high school hating her and being terribly mean to her. We're okay now that we're adults. I don't think I ever told her why I was such an asshole, though. I don't have the heart to. It was dumb. I was 13.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:29 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
Declining a handshake is pretty low rent. I don't anything posted on here about Holmes has been too offensive.

You've missed quite a bit...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Curious Hair wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what Leery did to BigFan. Maybe Biggie was dating someone from NBC and Leery cock blocked him? :lol:

I wish I were joking...

I totes get it. Freshman year of high school, I was invited to a girl's birthday party, which made sense, seeing as we had been friends for about four years at the time. As everyone was leaving, she hugged every boy goodbye except me, who only got a handshake. I spent the rest of high school hating her and being terribly mean to her. We're okay now that we're adults. I don't think I ever told her why I was such an asshole, though. I don't have the heart to. It was dumb. I was 13.

Explains your incessant need for approval.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:35 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I wish I were joking...

That's rough, man...

Curious gets it. Many of us have been there. You're not alone, bigfan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
leashyourkids wrote:

Hey. Compared to some of the attention whores here, I'm nothin'.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Hey. Compared to some of the attention whores here, I'm nothin'.

frankdrebin?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:47 pm 

Curious Hair is modest. He's a tremendous whore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

I did catch this exchange the other day. Not made up. This one actually happened. When Larry does shit like this it explains a lot about him.

Larry: I know what you think of me, Spiegel?

Spiegs: What do I think of you?

Larry: You think I'm an angry black man.

Spiegs: :? Uh, no. I don't. (Spiegs was weirded out and quickly moved on)

1. Get over yourself Larry. Can we just do a sports show? The only reason people are aware of your skin color is because you constantly remind people of it. Also, we're not living in 1961 Mississippi contrary to what you think. I know you think KKK guys are surrounding you and hiding under your bed. Tell that to your shrink. Quite frankly, these "you're a racist" comments, subtle or overt, are insulting, disturbing and every bit as bad as actually being a racist. In fact, this type of behavior is actually racism. Yes, Larry, black people can be racist too.

2. Larry's vapid, bimbo-like, fake laughing, phony personality might be him trying to go polar opposite of the black stereotype that he was talking to Spiegel about in the above conversation. Either he's overcompensating with this fake public persona because he doesn't want people to think that of him. Or he thinks that of himself and he's overcompensating to hide it from the public.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I wish I were joking...

1. I actually dont HATE the guy, I just think he is really bad at his job and others there are much better. Some of them had to leave or go to other stations because of him (Hood and Goff) Everyone can take that as personal hate, but I just report the things he does which confirm my thoughts of his stupidity.
2. I just flushed my shrine to Leary
3. Yes, Leary refused to shake my hand, but ironically, I dont think I posted that much, if anything bad about leary at the time because he didnt have a semi regular show then, so the negative vibe he got is my representing the whole board. I actually give him some props for not shaking my hand. If thats how he felt, thats fine.
4. Too bad his co employees thoughts aren't posted here about him, you guys would think I am his #3 fan!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:39 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm pretty sure he gave the big man the ol' cross-armed defiant posture as well.

yes, I was drinking with Ranger at the bar and he was going to show me a video on his laptop. I guess leary got there at some point and was setting up for his show. We walk over to where the equipment was set up and Ranger introduces me to leary and leary just leans back in his chair and folds his arms. I started laughing and Ranger was close to cracking up. Ranger dropped a "REALLY?" and I will keep to myself the other comments dropped that day by the producer and other Score employees on site. lol

I only wish I had the video for all to see!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
4. Too bad his co employees thoughts aren't posted here about him, you guys would think I am his #3 fan!

So, Mac and Spiegs hate him?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 pm 

Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Never said it, or implied it, Mac has always said the same thing about leary "he makes a great team mate" So, take what you want from that.

I maybe heard a total of 30 minutes of Spiegs and leary this week, but I think it was pretty evident that there is no love loss there! Which is 100% my opinion.

The leary lack of love comes from other WSCR sources. Its actually pretty easy to figure out.

Simple question Chus, would you like to work for leary?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

yes, I was drinking with Ranger at the bar and he was going to show me a video on his laptop. I guess leary got there at some point and was setting up for his show. We walk over to where the equipment was set up and Ranger introduces me to leary and leary just leans back in his chair and folds his arms. I started laughing and Ranger was close to cracking up. Ranger dropped a "REALLY?" and I will keep to myself the other comments dropped that day by the producer and other Score employees on site. lol

I only wish I had the video for all to see!

Does Larry know that his producers and other co workers at the station dislike him? Or is he completely oblivious and/or delusional? I would think one would know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:07 pm 

bigfan wrote:
The leary lack of love comes from other WSCR sources. Its actually pretty easy to figure out.

But he never would have gotten a date without Leary!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
bigfan wrote:
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Never said it, or implied it, Mac has always said the same thing about leary "he makes a great team mate" So, take what you want from that.

Right, but you are tight with those guys. You had a fantasy football draft at Mac's house. Maybe somebody spilled the beans after a couple of cool ones.

I maybe heard a total of 30 minutes of Spiegs and leary this week, but I think it was pretty evident that there is no love loss there! Which is 100% my opinion.

It does appear that way.

I guess that leaves Bernstine, or some producers.

So, its the producers. I don't really care who likes who, I just don't like Leary on the radio.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

Besides his producers, which you've mentioned more than a few times, I'm gonna guess Drinky and Ranger hate him. But that doesn't matter to Larry. They're not big shooters at the station. Nor do they have any influence.

He really works hard on making sure Dan and Terry love him. Bernstein doesn't, but I'll bet he gets a kick out of Larry's desperate need for his approval. Larry licking and emulating him has to be an ego boost for Bernstein as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am 

Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Chus wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Right, but you are tight with those guys. You had a fantasy football draft at Mac's house. Maybe somebody spilled the beans after a couple of cool ones.

It does appear that way.

I guess that leaves Bernstine, or some producers.

So, its the producers. I don't really care who likes who, I just don't like Leary on the radio.

Once again, people can not be found of someone without hating them? Seems to be a tremendous absolute around here, if you say anything negative you must HATE that person. I just dont get it. Leary is just bad at a job, so was Telander, so was Hampton, but they arent on the air anymore, like they shoudlnt be. Leary just happens to be on the air for 37 minutes a night 2-4 nights a week on HIS SHOW. Granted its not a great job, but no reason Herb and Connor couldnt have a show and probably do a better job.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
Once again, people can not be found of someone without hating them? Seems to be a tremendous absolute around here, if you say anything negative you must HATE that person. I just dont get it. Leary is just bad at a job, so was Telander, so was Hampton, but they arent on the air anymore, like they shoudlnt be. Leary just happens to be on the air for 37 minutes a night 2-4 nights a week on HIS SHOW. Granted its not a great job, but no reason Herb and Connor couldnt have a show and probably do a better job.

Well, let's not get carried away. Herb would be bad all time bad. Not as bad as Hampton, but close.

For a long time it was always figured that drink or Goff were next in line. Goff's gone. Drink has fallen out of favor over there. He knows it. That's why he's acting like a brat on B&B's show.

I think right now it's either Finfer or Connor who are the "next in line" favorites. With Mac's influence on Mitch it will be Finfer. That is if Mac gets a new deal in a year. He's hinted to this board that he's probably OUT.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:44 am 

Not sure herb can carry a whole show, but he is underrated. I was looking for herb and conor in one show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Beardown wrote:
I think right now it's either Finfer or Connor who are the "next in line" favorites. With Mac's influence on Mitch it will be Finfer.

The only problem with Finfer is that he has a voice that belongs nowhere near a microphone. Other than that, he's cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:48 am 

Funny how butthurt Ivan gets in this thread about Leary. :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Forgot about Grote. He's well liked by the higher-ups at the Score. Maybe he's got a shot.

Grote and Connor seem to know how to play the politics of this radio game. They're civilized with a safe and easy disposition. Those two seem like the types to endear themselves to management. That's where I always thought Goff and drink were unaware and/or lacking. They were always focused on being clowns, crying about their status and firing shots at fellow Score people. While it's fun to be that way, it hurt them probably more than they both realized.

Guys like Connor and Grote are liked by management cuz they're good boys. They won't give their bosses problems or issues to deal with. They're "go along to get along" guys. You can control those two. Yeah, B&B work as wild childs, but Mitch and Zim know they're the exception rather than the rule. Plus Bernstein has skill to go with his antics.

Larry knew how to play the politic game as well. Pretty evident. He's bad yet still safe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:43 am 

sir has upset a few people on this board with his interpersonal skills. bigfan is not unique

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 am 

$275,000/year

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
$275,000/year

Is that how much the chat room costs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
rogers park bryan wrote:
$275,000/year

Lawrence makes that kind of cash?!?