It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
...is it Mac you're looking for? Probably, because he can rescue this show and make things right......or can he? Mac is out, out for a long, long time as it seems his fishing trip has turned into a wagon falling off of event. Or at least that is what is being speculated. Even if he was back does he even care enough to move the meters? I dunno, he has been detached for a long while now with only pockets of explosiveness to break through. Who knows, but at some point 670 has to cut bait or make another move because he isn't driving the show that has his name on the marquee. I know we joke about Iron Man streaks and such but it's the MAC and meat Show, where is Mac? If he's just fishing I hope he's having fun and recharging his batteries, if it's something more dark than I wish him the best of luck.

Whatever, on to whatever.

Sports
World Series
Bad thoughts
Who is the host?
Smarm
Apathy
Hmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm
Hopefully someone throws some verbal shots someones way to ignite the fire.

Further discussion:

Mac and Meat Show------how many days are they really together? It seems more often than not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
SomeGuy wrote:
Hello...is it Mac you're looking for?

If you were going to make a bust of Mac, in what medium would you work? Clay, Starburst?

I'd make mine out of Nicorette gum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Not sure how long I will be able to keep interest in Meat and Larry today. Hope Mac is doing alright.
I am well aware that he can use all the vacation he has but didn't know he had planned on another
long layoff after his trip to Canada and other time off prior to football season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:49 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Not sure how long I will be able to keep interest in Meat and Larry today. Hope Mac is doing alright.
I am well aware that he can use all the vacation he has but didn't know he had planned on another
long layoff after his trip to Canada and other time off prior to football season.

I don't yhink he cares about the show anymore, he checked out a while ago and said as much via his posts on here. He is on the back 9 life and he has said that he'd like to persue other things. I believe his return to radio wasn't as glorious and as fun and as financially lucrative as he thought it'd be.

Just enough with Larry! But at least Meat is being less shy about his annoyance with Leary. Good awkward radio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I worry about Mac. I don't know why. He doesn't worry about me. But I hate to see anyone fall off the cliff. Hopefully, it's nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

What was said about Mac's absence today? Did Spiegel give a cryptic, vague explanation?

Spiegel: Dan McNeil...is...not here. We hope to see him again one day.

Larry: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 am 

This show is soooo fucking overproduced. Every broadcast is like radio MadLibs. Plug and play. No segment is ever left to chance, improvisation, or spontaneity. Not much room for controversy or insightful opinions either It was the same way at ESPN on the old MJH show. It took me awhile to realize it then because the show was entertaining for the first few years it aired. This is just boring white man radio (Larry included). Shake this shit up Mac.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 am 

Zizou wrote:
This show is soooo fucking overproduced. Every broadcast is like radio MadLibs. Plug and play. No segment is ever left to chance, improvisation, or spontaneity. Not much room for controversy or insightful opinions either It was the same way at ESPN on the old MJH show. It took me awhile to realize it then because the show was entertaining for the first few years it aired. This is just boring white man radio (Larry included). Shake this shit up Mac.

That's what Mac was supposed to do when he came over and I think he succeeded for yhose first early years, as you said. Now I think he has had enough and is mailing it in, using his time and preparing for am exit or extended leave of abscence. And that plays into why the ahow is a scripted, overproduced machine, it's that way so it can be on cruise control and done with little "in front of the mic" effort.

Plug n Play show with plug n play hosts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Mac fell off the wagon? I can't wait to see what Goff has to say about this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Does goff talk about Chicago stuff?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Spaulding wrote:

I don't know? Ask Beardown.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i think that laurence and spiegel put on a good show. it works for me.... spiegel keeps him kind of reeled in with some of the tangents, which also feeds into laurence's "primetime show" style versus his "evening show" style.

i'm not saying you can't play bingo, but you ain't exactly gonna get those starting lineups on this show. i was gonna say hater wednesday and/or ask herb, but i'm pretty sure at least hater wednesday aired once during a timeslot that once belonged to.... [drumroll] THE PULSE!

/me resumes writing his official petition to bring back "who's been taking hits off of michael phelps' bong?" the single greatest recurring segment in score history!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
Mr. Reason wrote:
I don't think we've had confirmation of this...just speculation. However, Speigel's rather cautious reference to hoping Mac "is back soon" does seem to imply it's more than just an extended vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
i think that laurence and spiegel put on a good show. it works for me.... spiegel keeps him kind of reeled in with some of the tangents, which also feeds into laurence's "primetime show" style versus his "evening show" style.

No not at all. What's good about it? They aren't funny, interesting, intelligent or anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I could see Mac missing last week due to a bye week for the Bears, but not this weeks especially for Packer week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Right before the break, Meat just alluded to Terry's "two favorite words" being before the BB show instead of after, then said something like "...we may have to get used to that..."

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:16 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

No not at all. What's good about it? They aren't funny, interesting, intelligent or anything.

That never stopped Mitch before.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mr. Reason wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I don't know? Ask Beardown.

I listen to his show from time to time. He talks Chicago stuff quite frequently. He was even talking NIU football last night. Also talking about not going to the big Chicago clubs because they are too "shoot-y" or something like that.

His show is very B&B-esque.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I sort of forgot that Mac's wife lost a parent last week as well. He could have returned from fishing and found he had some related family stuff to deal with. Until I hear from Mac I do not wish to speculate on his past absence being related.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I sort of forgot that Mac's wife lost a parent last week as well. He could have returned from fishing and found he had some related family stuff to deal with. Until I hear from Mac I do not wish to speculate on his past absence being related.

While I wouldn't, either, and this show has been known to drop the occasional red herring or two, the lack of any hint of what's going on, plus Matt's not-so-throwaway comment is...something.

Maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
No idea what's going on with Mac but overall an employer enters choppy waters if/when an employee who has completed a rehab stint on the company dime not that long ago kicks back to rehab. Insurers and lawyers/HR would lkely push for the employee taking longer than 30 days and might well advise the employer to sever the employment relationship. i.e., the insurers and lawyers would take the decision out of WSCR's hands, basically. unless WSCR, a company with maybe 10$ mil in annnual revenue, wants to chance paying out 7 figure lawsuits and 6 figure legal bills out of their own pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:51 pm 

They have some protection under the ada.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:16 pm 

Any updates on Mac and his rehab/relapse?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:27 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Any updates on Mac and his rehab/relapse?

Well, until it has been confirmed via SHARK/Beardown/LarzBoard we should not label it as such.

It may be, but it may not be.

I feel better just rampantly speculating about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mr. Reason wrote:

Goff wrote:
Da-Ma-Na!

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:28 pm 

In what I hope is a very good sign Dan posted on Facebook earlier today with a remark regarding a pucture someone posted on his page.