It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 am 

Over the past few weeks I've tried to indulge this concept. Over the past few weeks I've noticed a disturbing trend. No, not technical difficulties, because while irritating it would be somewhat understandable. This past week I've given closer scrutiny and each day has been the same, yesterday's content. The show starts with yesterday's content, if there are technical difficulties there's yesterday's content. Worse, yesterday's content and today's live content can get switch midstream without any notification. The term "live" suggests that the content is live, or at least with a timely delay. Yesterday's video is anything but live, and switching back and forth makes the concept of "live" an open lie.

This complaint isn't about the hosts or content, but about a product that WSCR is presenting. Or, consider this, if yesterday's content and today's show can be switched so interchangeably, then what is the purpose of the concept? What is the purpose of the show? Why shouldn't listeners just check out a podcast from last week, call it crap, and be done with the whole damn concept?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:43 am 

I guess I should know better, fool me once and all of that.

You walk into a store and see something advertised, you expect the advertiser to honor the ad. "Half off" should be at least 50% less. "New and Improved" should at least be newer than the old, if nothing more than new packaging. "Fresh" should not mean last week's meat, repackaged with a new expiration date.

WSCR now promotes concepts that are misrepresented. Is there an advantage of the "Audio Road Show" over "Radio.com"? Matters little so long as they stream comparably. But to watch the morning program on a video stream, well that's another matter.

Everything is labeled "live" and the stream will cut back and forth from today's "live" stream to "yesterday's live stream. Looking at meat is deceptive because he appears to wear the same clothes, looking at Larry with a tight close-up, and its the same silly transfixed grin. One sits, the other stands, and the talk is all but interchangeable.

Today, there was a 30 second clip of the Boers & Bernstein show (yes, Terry in studio!), which goes to show that either there could be a video stream of their show or that one of the hosts phones in his show (then again, wasn't that how Rick Telander it did lo those many years ago).

Hey WSCR management, tell your hosts to keep their twitters and can the texts (only one host reads them at a time). Tell them to quit referencing other media altogether, it doesn't matter. It really is all about the ads, and the hosts provide the needed interruption to prevent listeners attention from straying.

What could be good, near great, is just wholesale fail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
wait wait wait...so B&B were on the video stream today?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:57 am 

Does management ever really listen to the product that is aired? A fair question to be asked because of the frequent references to "Fan Sports Live."

I tuned in Friday 12/20 because several posts to this board strongly suggested Dan McNeil would be returning. So I wanted to hear at the start of the show some type of confirmation. While listening, what has become another recurring fail of radio was presented: imagery. Not the painting a picture with words imagery, but the direct reference to the radio audience that there was a video reference to be seen. This latest failed reference was donuts. While I've been successful in my 7 month diet (lost 40+ lbs. yhfm) donuts have become a fixation and temptation that I keep in a fantasy role.

So I quickly fired up Watch670theScore and was reminded of the previously addressed fails: Scoreboard update from 15 minutes earlier, Yesterday's content, smash cut into today's show (again, watch the wardrobe of both because one doesn't change much). Stream fail, re-launch, repeat into yesterday's show, smash cut to today, commercials.

Now I seriously wonder if management listens because the show references something that 98% of the listening audience has unavailable (like HD radio), and for that 2% that has access the presentation is done in craptacular fashion. To sum up: Live Stream = Fail. References to radio content on Live Stream = Fail. WSCR management awareness of the product being presented? = Fail. Repeat mentions of Live Stream/Fan Sports Live/watch670thescore = Repeated FAIL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
It's interesting...I haven't seemed to have a problem but I go into it thru a different link...I don't know...