It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
No Clever Moniker wrote:
Gill claims Doyle got into his personal space and said "Fuck You."

As sympathetic a story Haugh tries to tell and Gill spins, the result remains the same: Gill sought out Doyle for a confrontation and things escalated, Gill lost his composure and his sense of professionalism because someone thought differently and dared to express such an opinion. The whole personal space issue is bogus as it was Gill who pressed the issue.

He's lucky Doyle didn't haul him to court on assault charges.

I can see how he felt disrespected. I can also see how he could lose his cool if Doyle got in his face. I can't see him hitting him unless he was touched first. Knowing his fighting skills you have to have restraint.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

Mind you own damn business! -VP Walz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Years ago around High School times,I was "play-boxing" with a friend. He was about 2 or 3 inches taller and had a much longer reach. It was scary how easy it was for a guy with reach connecting over & over.Of course if the fight was real,I would have killed him! :drunken:

Seriously, The last thing I would want to do is fight a real tall guy who knows Martial Arts & boxing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Nas wrote:
I can see how he felt disrespected. I can also see how he could lose his cool if Doyle got in his face. I can't see him hitting him unless he was touched first. Knowing his fighting skills you have to have restraint.

Here's why Gill is full of shit. He supposedly hit Doyle because he was intimidated by him getting in his face. But his ego won't let him really say such a thing so he has to put his Alpha male and "manhood" on display and state that he's a trained fighter and martial artist who would would destroy Doyle without thinking about it, which is almost certainly true. And that being the case, he could have hardly felt intimidated enough by a wagging finger to cold-cock the guy.

He did what he did and he got fired. I don't feel sorry for him and I don't think he's a real bad guy either. Maybe Doyle needed to be punched. But don't whine about the fallout.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Not sure it was the smart move for Gill to rehash the story in the paper while he is probably looking for a new gig.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
If only the Oakland Raiders owned an RSN. I bet their flagship news show would be called It's Just Everyone Getting Mad And Punching Each Other.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 am 

Chus wrote:
Beardown wrote:

"I love Kendall like a brother and he's not going to like me saying this … but he was wrong,'' said Bardo, who's starting a YouTube show with Gill called BackcourtOnline.com. "I know he was trying to defend himself but you can't hit another man in the workplace. That's not Kendall's nature. He should have just said, 'Tim, you know, that NBA team you played on … oh, that's right, you didn't play in the NBA. So shut up.' That was all he needed to say.''

Hub Bardo

I guess I'm on someone's ignore list...but think of the arrogance of Bardo to make such a statement. Bardo was a "glue" type of player throughout his career. Sure he was better than Doyle but they are in the same classification in terms of roles each played for their teams.

Three guys on the fringe of the entertainment industry talking about who was a better athlete 20 years ago. I wonder if Harry, Spike and Bill Leff get into similar arguments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Doyle easily could have sued Gill for some good easy cash. Its not just a guy punching someone, it is a guy who has trained to be a boxer hitting someone, I am pretty sure that elevates the issue.

On the one hand, Gill is a trained boxer and MMA fighter capable of busting Doyle to pieces at will. On the other, he was frightened and threatened by the menacing presence of the slow, tiny, and white small forward from Northwestern.

it was a man card issue, no doubt. it seems to me like there was a situation where, as kendall said, doyle was getting in his face literally saying "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!!?"

to some people, being challenged for their eminent positional domain like that is an automatic trigger for go time. i've likely saved myself a lot of headaches by getting out of those situations (typically, if you start punching yourself in the temple hard enough to invoke a little swelling whilst asking them "is this what you want?" they think you're fucking nuts and buzz off. out of the ~5 times i've done it i've (thankfully) never had anyone join in, although admittedly that would be kind of sublime in a sense)

so yeah, i mean, it seems like doyle had a genuine dislike for gill and kendall was put in a position where he had what dave chappelle would call an [n-word] moment, which i would like to doubly stress isn't due to the mutual race here, but because the kind of moment chappelle described is exactly what happened up here... kendall lost his cool and blew up, and he lost a job. i think alls he's saying is that doyle put him in that position, and i don't think this was as much "beating up a small northwestern forward" as it was feeling the absolute need to respond in part to doyle's aggression, as i reckon doyle was trying to prove a point that kendall wasn't gonna do shit so this is what it is and that's how it's going down, got it kendall?

* blam *

in an ideal world i think people would understand that when someone's wagging a finger like 1-2 inches from your face they're the ones instigating it, but as always you never wanna throw the first punch cuz like, even tho i'm with kendall on this one.... who's still got their job? exactly. for all we know maybe doyle hated kendall and they had some previous encounters and this was a concerted effort by him to get kendall the F out of there, cuz shit, if i wanted someone to come after me i'd use doyle's playbook there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Doyle easily could have sued Gill for some good easy cash. Its not just a guy punching someone, it is a guy who has trained to be a boxer hitting someone, I am pretty sure that elevates the issue.

On the one hand, Gill is a trained boxer and MMA fighter capable of busting Doyle to pieces at will. On the other, he was frightened and threatened by the menacing presence of the slow, tiny, and white small forward from Northwestern.

it was a man card issue, no doubt. it seems to me like there was a situation where, as kendall said, doyle was getting in his face literally saying "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!!?"

to some people, being challenged for their eminent positional domain like that is an automatic trigger for go time. i've likely saved myself a lot of headaches by getting out of those situations (typically, if you start punching yourself in the temple hard enough to invoke a little swelling whilst asking them "is this what you want?" they think you're fucking nuts and buzz off. out of the ~5 times i've done it i've (thankfully) never had anyone join in, although admittedly that would be kind of sublime in a sense)

so yeah, i mean, it seems like doyle had a genuine dislike for gill and kendall was put in a position where he had what dave chappelle would call an [n-word] moment, which i would like to doubly stress isn't due to the mutual race here, but because the kind of moment chappelle described is exactly what happened up here... kendall lost his cool and blew up, and he lost a job. i think alls he's saying is that doyle put him in that position, and i don't think this was as much "beating up a small northwestern forward" as it was feeling the absolute need to respond in part to doyle's aggression, as i reckon doyle was trying to prove a point that kendall wasn't gonna do shit so this is what it is and that's how it's going down, got it kendall?

* blam *

in an ideal world i think people would understand that when someone's wagging a finger like 1-2 inches from your face they're the ones instigating it, but as always you never wanna throw the first punch cuz like, even tho i'm with kendall on this one.... who's still got their job? exactly. for all we know maybe doyle hated kendall and they had some previous encounters and this was a concerted effort by him to get kendall the F out of there, cuz shit, if i wanted someone to come after me i'd use doyle's playbook there.

Dude are you fucking nuts? The only one who put poor Kendall in that position was Kendall. He is the one who sought Doyle out for having the temerity to have disagreed with something Gill said . If he doesn't go looking for the confrontation , he doesn't get a finger wagged in his face as part of Doyles master plan to rid the station of Kendall Gill. You're way off on this one.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:00 am 
Site Admin

sinicalypse wrote:
typically, if you start punching yourself in the temple hard enough to invoke a little swelling whilst asking them "is this what you want?" they think you're fucking nuts and buzz off.

Michael Beasley stylee!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:33 am 

Why is Gill walking around with a case of the red ass anyway? The guy has FU money. The Comcast gig was just something for getting out of the house and saying he is employed.

He's like all those douchebag CBOT traders taking boxing lessons at the union league club just itching for an opportunity to put their skills on display.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Why is Gill walking around with a case of the red ass anyway? The guy has FU money. The Comcast gig was just something for getting out of the house and saying he is employed.

He's like all those douchebag CBOT traders taking boxing lessons at the union league club just itching for an opportunity to put their skills on display.

Are you a Union League guy, dolphin? My invitation was rescinded when I got divorced.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I was wondering if Gill was broke the way he's begging to get his old job back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Some of them go into the martial arts (and post pictures on facebook with samarai swords)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Funny, funny stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:16 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzq8bfOgihA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:49 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzq8bfOgihA

As if we couldn't tell he worked at the board by the scratchy voice and slurred speech on an afternoon commute.

Why would working at CBOT give anyone the ability to cut a person in half?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Why would working at CBOT give anyone the ability to cut a person in half?

As mentioned above, the samurai swords.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Well they used to have those trading cards that had some sharp edges back in the day!

That guy might have had a drink!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:03 pm 

The funniest part is how he meekly backs down from "YOU'RE A K---!" almost immediately.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
I see the guy with the beard that went and got the conductor downtown a lot.. I work @ CBOE, right across from the BOT...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:34 am 

Years ago, a long time ago, when Heavy Fuel remotes had dozens of Scoreheads congregating and imbibing, there were a few members who liked to get beer muscles. One member would arrive early, drink, and then plan on how to make a confrontation with another member. Because other members would show up and drink to catch up a confrontation would occur, although they would more often than not result in a lot of talk, more drinking, and a source of amusement for the night and ongoing discussion afterwards.

At one event in the north suburbs (Schaumburg?) this one person was already drinking when I arrived and stated he was going to kick (insert moniker)'s ass. This other person didn't show up until late, not too long after the early drinker approached him and told him what was going down. Outside they went, there was talk, the late arrival popped "Mr. Asskicker" in the nose. Surprised, several of us jumped in and separated them.

Back inside I'm hearing everything, from how he got sucker punched to how he was going to stick him with the bill for the blood on his silk shirt, to how he was going to kick his ass the next time. Meanwhile, the other guy is now drinking and talking about how he thought they were friends, how he thought they were cool. And the next time he would be ready.

While I don't think Doyle is looking for another skirmish with Gill (he did get popped). I think Gill, like if my Scorehead friend had remained on his stool and had another beer, he would still be able to talk trash and not be stuck with the bloody shirt (out of a job). The one thing Gill can't claim is that Doyle started the confrontation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:45 am 

that man turned out to be The Gridiron Assassin...and now you have...the rest of the story.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:04 am 

Kendall Gill should have waited for Knockout to become more popular and caught Doyle on the street.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
that man turned out to be The Gridiron Assassin...and now you have...the rest of the story.

Was he the puncher or the punchee?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:19 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Was he the puncher or the punchee?

I'm kidding. I was still in school in those days, not hanging out with early years score listeners

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
I was still in school in those days

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Kendall Gill will be back on CSN tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bernstein: I have no interest in his actual work, but that is a good looking man.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I was still in school in those days

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

For his CSN return, Kendall should knock out Will Perdue. That will make it two big white dopes that he has dropped.