It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Anyone want to know exactly when I decided I couldn't listen anymore?
I knew you'd ask.

It was just before noon. When Speegz told Leary that he could sing. He could carry a tune.

That was it. I knew that I couldn't listen anymore.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:
didea wrote:
Holmes lost me today at the mention of Tillmans' wife's first name - really? He is slowly taking over from Speigel because Speigel is a number 2 - Mac trained him to be that and he played that roll well - and Holmes thinks he's a solo ( the me show? Guess he do't have an ego problem!).

Not sure if i can go to 1000 - just can't take Jurko - trying to to be the funny sidekick and it doesn't work.

Somewhere on this very site over a year ago, I said when Spiegs was with Leary he walks on eggshells, almost scared of making a racially taken comment. Not really because he cared how Leary would take it, but fearing it turns the show into the great Leary racial debate.

Pretty much looks like ti is going to be a daily topic.

SPIEGS! Get control of your show!

We all know Spiegel to be the type to dish it. He's done it to drinky, Bernstein and even Larry in the past. I suppose knowing that Larry might officially become his radio wife, he's gotta bite his tongue more and walk on egg shells like you said.

If so, I say that's the wrong approach. Do your thing, Spiegel. Throw some jabs when Larry says stupid stuff. Call him out for being a phony. Tell him nobody wants to hear about his mommy, his pizza order or his bullshit stories about getting women. It's also OK to tell him that not everything is about race and that not all white people are the devil.

1. It's funny radio.

2. It's the only way to teach Larry. It will only help improve him and the show. Spiegel probably doesn't want to go down cuz of Larry's bullshit. If nothing is said, it will only encourage him to continue being bad. Everybody at that station seems scared to call him out. Like he's a child. Or maybe it's more like what Big Fan said, people know Larry and they're scared he's gonna call them a racist. Since he loves to always go there.

100% agree!

Spiegs is the first guy to fire on MOST!

yet, now he is Mr Sensitive!

MULATTO! SAY IT SPIEGS (Spelled it right too!)

UNCLE TEARY USED TO CALL HIM THAT FOR YEARS! "LOW-WENCE HOMES...MY FAVORITE MULLATO!"

Come on Spiegs! Then Leary can talk about "His WHITE FRIENDS"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
The Score will always be my first choice for the most part.

WMVP really needs to win me over with something. Silvy and Waddle are still good, but I think I have a natural soft spot for WSCR.

Leary in Mac's place isn't really enough to make me switch, but I really wish Mac were there.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:47 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Everybody at that station seems scared to call him out. Like he's a child. Or maybe it's more like what Big Fan said, people know Larry and they're scared he's gonna call them a racist. Since he loves to always go there.

There's also the fact that he's the program director's special li'l guy. The Score is basically "It's A Good Life."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
- You monster, you, you dirty little monster, you murderer. You think about me. Go ahead, Leery. You think bad thoughts about me. And maybe some man in this station, some man with guts, somebody who's so sick to death of listening to this kind of radio and willing to take a chance will sneak up behind you and lay something heavy across your skull and end this once and for all!

- You're a bad man! You're a veery bad man!

- You think that. Go ahead, Leery. I'm a very bad man. Keep thinking that. Somebody sneak up behind him, Chicago! Somebody end this, now, while he's thinking about me! Will somebody take a lamp or a bottle or something and end this, Chicago?

- You're a bad man! You're a veery bad man and you keep thinking bad thoughts about me.

- Wish it into the cornfield of Indiana. Please, Leery, wish it into the cornfield, please.

- He was a bad man, so I turned him into a jack-in-the-box. A jack-in-the-box that still had his Barney Rubble face. And you mustn't think bad thoughts about me either or I'll do the same thing to you. Play some more Lance Briggs sound.

- It's good what you done to Danny Mac. It's real good.

- It was swell. It was just swell. It was...really, really, really great.

- I kinda liked it a little bit better when we had cities outside and we could get real radio. Things like that.

- Spiegs, it's real good for you to say such a thing. It's real good. But how can you mean it? Why, Leery's radio is much better than anything we ever used to get.

- Oh, yes it's fine. Why, Leery's radio is the best radio we've ever heard.

- They're stabbing white people outside.

- Leery, are you making it about race?

- Yes, I'm making it about race.

- Why, that'll ruin half the day's programming, you know that, don't ya? Half the shows, that'll...

- FINFER!

- ...but it's good that you're making it about race, Leery, it's real good. Tomorrow...tomorrow's going to be a real good day.

No comment here, no comment at all. We only wanted to introduce you to one of our very special citizens, little Laurence Holmes, age 36, who does middays in a place that used to be the Score. And if by some strange chance you should run across him, you had best think only good thoughts. Anything less than that is handled at your own risk, because if you do meet Leery, you can be sure of one thing: you have entered The Rosen Zone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Wow.

That's post of the year material right there.

Well done.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The world will end when LoHo does a parody song

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 am 

FloydGondolli wrote:
I've been on the ropes but when Larry mentioned Charles Tillman's wife by her first name, I turned it off.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The world will end when LoHo does a parody song

House Music Guy!

Very underground type of guy