It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I can't do it anymore, it's too hard, to tough and to upsetting.

I wonder if there is any truth to a certain someones "inside sources" saying that Mac has actually been out shopping an "alternative" show to other radio networks...with little success? Could this be Macs power play? To take full leave and let his show be ruined, have the name of the show changed and not be paid for his time off? Interesting, interesting.

Post thoughts here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
SomeGuy wrote:

I wonder if there is any truth to a certain someones "inside sources" saying that Mac has actually been out shopping an "alternative" show to other radio networks...with little success? Could this be Macs power play? To take full leave and let his show be ruined, have the name of the show changed and not be paid for his time off? Interesting, interesting.

Post thoughts here.

Whom made that claim and where?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 am 

bigfan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Post thoughts here.

Wasn't it Linda S? Or maybe Score is Doomed? Probably crap, but it's more interesting than the actual show is, plus it matches up with Macs postings from a few months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
bigfan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

Post thoughts here.

Last two posts here... Finji involved?

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=83165

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Ike's post wasn't serious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Must listen radio: Laurence Holmes' blow by blow, minute-by-minute account of his experience at Soldier Field as the storm came in.

Memorable Quotes: "It was real, real sceary" and "It was dastardly"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:50 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Ike's post wasn't serious.

Others have posted about it as well.

I'm waiting for a confirmation from Beardown before I start really believing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
In case anyone didn't know, Laurence was in the press box, which is all glass, and there wasn't eany place to go. In the press box, which is where Laurence was.

In the press box.

During the update, Matty was pissy about fans upset with the evacuation process because they should have known four or five days ago that the weather was going to bad and shouldn't have gone to the game. And apparently Soldier Field doesn't have to be safe because it's just there for people to watch games.

Stupid fans!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mac's hinted at it for a long time. Maybe he felt he was the Big Dog at the station (could be true) and wasn't getting the biggest pay (?) who knows. All I know is, he ain't coming back to WSCR.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:01 am 

i just heard the new show will simply be "the daddy mac show" and you will be able to stream it on any android device...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
He averaged 5.2 YPK (yards per keary).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Tad Queasy wrote:
During the update, Matty was pissy about fans upset with the evacuation process because they should have known four or five days ago that the weather was going to bad and shouldn't have gone to the game. And apparently Soldier Field doesn't have to be safe because it's just there for people to watch games.

You know, we pick on him for this and for that and "hey Dan Dan Dan" and it all just sort of gets lost in the morass, but that last line needs to be singled out as one of the shining examples of how Matt Abbatacola is not among America's thinkers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

You know, we pick on him for this and for that and "hey Dan Dan Dan" and it all just sort of gets lost in the morass, but that last line needs to be singled out as one of the shining examples of how Matt Abbatacola is not among America's thinkers.

For a guy who likes to pile on people for mis-speaking, like his hero Bernstein, maybe he should pronounce McCown correctly. It's not Mc-Cow-an.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Couldn't you extrapolate that thought to the kid at Notre Dame that got killed by high winds in the cherry picker filming practice? that was all the coach's fault though according to him. So if a nineteen year old were killed yesterday because he should've known better to go to the game where such a thing could happen that would've been his own fault then. Got it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:07 pm 

Why was ZZ working yesterday? Didn't he realize how dangerous the weather was going to be? He had 4-5 days of notice, too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:11 pm 

Riveting report from ZZ. Bears' players ate, slept, played catch, and thought about taking pics of one another during yesterday's weather delay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I thought for sure that all the players and coaches would have gone home, put on bicycle helmets, and gotten in the tub.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:45 pm 

i would have slept too

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
I have a couple of things to share regarding the mid-day situation at WSCR.

Let me start by telling you I am a nobody in the media. I worked in Chicago radio and TV behind the scenes, but I left the field in 2002 to pursue other interests because I couldn't live well at the pay grade I was able to achieve. That said, I shared time at one media outlet with Larry in the late 90's. The only thing I miss about that assignment is not being able to watch Larry awkwardly try to work women. Sheer comedy. I can confirm a few things for you about him from the brief time I spent with him:

- Don't turn your back on him

- He is not a tough guy. He never went to 6 and hit somebody. There is a reason for the tough-guy/workout talk. Those that are legit do so quietly, those who aren't love to talk about it. I'm sure most of you already know as much

-Now, my most important point. He plays the race card quickly and liberally.

I have friends who still work in Chicago media, and I am told that when the Hamp and Holmes show got yanked to make room for Mac WSCR had to jump through all kinds of hoops and pay him a lot of money to keep him from lawyering up and going the discrimination route. Let's call it the discrimination threat that turned into 2 condos. I did not witness any of this first hand as I had already left the field, I've just been told.

If true, and if Mac is gone for good there is absolutely no hope of getting Larry out of that perch. I suppose they could hire another minority and roll the dice, but I doubt it.

My 2 cents...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
BigClem wrote:

Let me start by telling you I am a nobody in the media. I worked in Chicago radio and TV behind the scenes, but I left the field in 2002 to pursue other interests because I couldn't live well at the pay grade I was able to achieve. That said, I shared time at one media outlet with Larry in the late 90's. The only thing I miss about that assignment is not being able to watch Larry awkwardly try to work women. Sheer comedy. I can confirm a few things for you about him from the brief time I spent with him:

- He is not a tough guy. He never went to 6 and hit somebody. There is a reason for the tough-guy/workout talk. Those that are legit do so quietly, those who aren't love to talk about it. I'm sure most of you already know as much

I have friends who still work in Chicago media, and I am told that when the Hamp and Holmes show got yanked to make room for Mac WSCR had to jump through all kinds of hoops and pay him a lot of money to keep him from lawyering up and going the discrimination route. Let's call it the discrimination threat that turned into 2 condos. I did not witness any of this first hand as I had already left the field, I've just been told.

If true, and if Mac is gone for good there is absolutely no hope of getting Larry out of that perch. I suppose they could hire another minority and roll the dice, but I doubt it.

My 2 cents...

Big Fan and Beardown just came.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If that's true then Score management are even bigger pussies than I thought they were. Didnt know management couldn't decide to go in a different direction without fear of a lawsuit. Fuck that I would've told that fucking runt to hire Johnnie C and bring it on.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:50 pm 

Highly doubting a lot of that.

I do think there is something there to Leary being the only non all white guy on the air at WSCR and they keep him around for that. But to go the lawsuit route as a career move is a short term move and something I dont think Rod Z caves into quickly. So, just not buying it.

Everything else, like being a backstabbing pussy who plays the creepy guy friend role around females I think is pretty well known already. No news there.

Gonna need a lot more to pin that on Leary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

BigClem wrote:

My 2 cents...

:shock:

If his two bosses caved, that's on them. I would have called his bluff and said, "Go ahead, Larry, file a lawsuit. See how well that works for you in the industry. Spend your money on the lawsuit."

He wouldn't have done it. He was still employed by them. He didn't get fired. He just got moved back to evenings cuz Hamp and Holmes sucked. So all you have to at the Score is threaten a discrimination law suit and Zim and Mitch pay you. That's not the way you run a business. You can't set that precedent. Zim and Mitch are weak.

Goff should have tried this shit. Hampton should have threatened a "You hate dumb ass, stuttering crackers" lawsuit. He could have gotten paid too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
Your skepticism is warranted. As I said I did not personally witness this, but I do trust my sources. I do not know how heated it got, but he was promised a lot to pipe down and return to evenings. I witnessed similar ploys by others at outlets where I spent time. Race, sexual preference and gender are powerful tools in the workplace media or not.

I am a Sales Manager at a Fortune 100 company now. I know, you're happy for me! I can tell you that I can hire a white male without batting an eye. If I have to fire an under-performing employee who is of any other persuasion it is taken to a higher level, and sadly a separation package is put together, no matter how bad the performance. I don't think that should shock anyone.

The other stuff I shared isn't earth shattering by any means. I guess just confirming what people on the board already know.

One last nugget/tidbit... the same source tells me that Grobber has an enormous penis :lol:

doon-doon, doon-doon, doon-doon. I miss Mac...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

I believe you. Tough to make up this sort of thing out of the blue.

Let's try to guess BigClem's source!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Beardown wrote:

#nevergiveup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
BigClem wrote:
Your skepticism is warranted. As I said I did not personally witness this, but I do trust my sources. I do not know how heated it got, but he was promised a lot to pipe down and return to evenings. I witnessed similar ploys by others at outlets where I spent time. Race, sexual preference and gender are powerful tools in the workplace media or not.

I am a Sales Manager at a Fortune 100 company now. I know, you're happy for me! I can tell you that I can hire a white male without batting an eye. If I have to fire an under-performing employee who is of any other persuasion it is taken to a higher level, and sadly a separation package is put together, no matter how bad the performance. I don't think that should shock anyone.

The other stuff I shared isn't earth shattering by any means. I guess just confirming what people on the board already know.

One last nugget/tidbit... the same source tells me that Grobber has an enormous penis :lol:

doon-doon, doon-doon, doon-doon. I miss Mac...

Clem,

You & I are in similar positions & situations. I recently was recruiting for a Regional Business Development Manager & I was told that I had to hire a Female for the position. Period. In my industry that reduces my pool of qualified candidates by 95%. Leary has guaranteed lifetime employment at WSCR if he wants it. Kerry Sayers too...despite the fact that she cant read & speak.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:45 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I believe you.

I don't

Funny thing about Larrys "Money" scenario as reported here, none of it ever 'jives" with what I have heard about Zimmerman and CBS business practices.

1 much more talented radio host was removed from a midday show, without a fight and fired. J Hood.

Other people got less in salary just because they could give them less.

And the limited # of people still working there from the early 90's? are......Bernstein, Teary,...technically Spiegs....very limited sources.

Gonna actually defend Leary on this one as a bad rumor...I dont doubt he will be there unless an influx of brothers are hired and put on the air, despite sucking, but I dont think he got any got payday from hinting at a lawsuit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:48 pm 

Beardown wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can even see how it went down.

Zim: Laurence, Mac is coming back. You and Hamp are done on middays. You will be going back to evenings. We're sending Hampton back to his ranch.

Larry: Racism!!!! Racism!!!!! Racism!!!!! Lawsuit!!!!! Lawsuit!!!!

Zim: :shock:

Larry: Racism!!!! Racism!!!! Racism!!!! Lawsuit!!! Lawsuit!!!!

Zim: Image

Larry: 8)