It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:12 pm 

larry holmes personifies racism towards caucasians.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
For whatever it's worth, I remember the Grobber rumor from early in my time here. I wish I didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:09 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
For whatever it's worth, I remember the Grobber rumor from early in my time here. I wish I didn't.
He's the Greg Oden of sports radio.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Mac has talked about Grobber's "3rd leg" on the air for a while.

The stranger story is how somebody at the Score found out about it. How the hell did that happen? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
If anyone could have sued for dealing with North and being let go it was Jiggs. No way Larry pulled off that play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

It doesn't make sense. That Larry would have the guts to pull that move and that Zim not only didn't call his bluff, but paid him off with "Race money". :lol:

That's why I'm buying it. It's one of those "So insane to be true that it probably is true." or "You can't make this shit up." type of things. Like my logic?

Last edited by Beardown on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:51 pm 

Complete horse shit. Larry doesn't have the balls to do anything like that to a boss. When has Holmes ever exhibited any rash or irrational behavior? He's an entrenched media weed. A black Lou Canellis. He's a little man shit talker. He never says anything controversial. He's learned well from Beerstain. The only reason he has this gig with Spiegs is because he is Rosen's boy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:11 pm 

I believe I am the one who started the well hung les theory. How else would you explain several women falling madly in love with him. They are woozy from having their insides drilled like North Dakota farmland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:15 pm 

No chance sir pulled a power play but he might not have had to

Anyway we know Mitch is his white knight. He doesn't need to say anything as his radio godfather is watching his career

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Alright. It's probably bullshit. You guys are right. That was my initial sense as well. I just wanted to carry it out for posting fun.

It would be hard to imagine somebody threatening to sue the Score while still working at the Score. Cuz he wasn't fired. Just demoted back to nights. You sue the Score and you pretty much can't work there anymore. Not to mention hurting your chances of getting hired some where else. People would be scared to hire somebody that's gonna pull that shit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well the other thing I think is that if Larry or anyone pulled a stunt like that with CBS not only would they be kept off the air but their really smart lawyers would crush them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
I believe I am the one who started the well hung les theory. How else would you explain several women falling madly in love with him. They are woozy from having their insides drilled like North Dakota farmland

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Why would they settle out of court and keep employing him?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Maybe BigClem didn't get the complete story. Maybe they were gonna launch Larry and then he threatened the discrimination lawsuit. That makes more sense. You would only play that card if you were getting fired.

Because if I remember correctly, the Hamp and Holmes thing was never permanent. I mean I think I remember Larry begging people to email Mitch and say they love the show so it would be official. Then Mich got Mac. Mac brought Spiegel with him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think Mac was really hoping and pining for a "MJH" reunion from 9-1. Harry was released from 1000 in March, Jurko's contract expired in June (but has since re-signed), and Spiegel had a contract up in there as well up until about two months ago.

Now, Mac is probably a free agent after he settles down "off the field," so to speak. I've heard he does indeed want to get back in to the business. His contract expires in June...he's alluded to that a couple of times on the air. Maybe "McNeil and Harry" on WGN.fm (and then an FM band, probably by spring when Tribune buys one). I think that would be the easiest transition for all involved.

Ugh, Spiegel and Holmes just isn't working. I would hands down listen to Mac and Harry over Spiegs and LH.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Beardown wrote:
Because if I remember correctly, the Hamp and Holmes thing was never permanent. I mean I think I remember Larry begging people to email Mitch and say they love the show so it would be official. Then Mich got Mac. Mac brought Spiegel with him.

No, the 10-noon show Larry had after North but before Hampton was the one that wasn't permanent. Mitch said it would be a rotation of guest hosts, but then the rotation, in grand Mitch Rosen fashion, got stuck on Larry for the whole summer. They made a big deal about promoting Hamp & Holmes.

IT'S TIME TO LET THE BEAR OUT OF HIS CAGE!!!!!

*ROAR*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:55 am 

Mac would kill Harry within six months if he didn't have a third host buffer who he respected

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If you ever read The Godfather there is a funny portion describing Sonny Corleone. He is described as having a monster cock, which does get portrayed in the movie during the wedding scene when his wife is describing it with her hands to her friends. However, unlike the movie, in the book his wife is not as upset by Sonny's indiscretions as she is relieved she doesn't have to continue to service him because her insides had been turned into "wet macaroni" by the pounding she had taken through the years.

Les is the Sonny Corleone of sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If you ever read The Godfather there is a funny portion describing Sonny Corleone. He is described as having a monster cock, which does get portrayed in the movie during the wedding scene when his wife is describing it with her hands to her friends. However, unlike the movie, in the book his wife is not as upset by Sonny's indiscretions as she is relieved she doesn't have to continue to service him because her insides had been turned into "wet macaroni" by the pounding she had taken through the years.

Les is the Sonny Corleone of sports talk radio.

Avoid the toll booth, Les.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way