It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Case in point....the entirety of yesterdays show and yes I did listen because I hate myself and want to die. ZZ and Larry with the Peanut Gallery? Horrible. No one telling anyone anything even remotely important or interesting. ZZ's big serious thought was telling us that "You know, the really ,really good offenses in this league are the ones with a great QB and a solid supporting cast that have been together and worked together a long time...." Really? That's your big thought you just had to tell us? Even worse was the "Who's your favorite bad Bears backup QB?" Which actually has some upside to it and some fun possibilities...but no, they ruin whatever fun could be had. Larry proceeds to hype it and then goes on to ask ZZ and the Peanuts, they actually get it wrong on one count, Larry laughs and then the subject is done. No calls, no stories, no nothing. This is a shining example of something that Mac and Meat could have at LEAST had a decent amount of fun with, made it a running gag, had an old Bears backup QB on, talk to Doug/OB/Hamp about it...I don't know, it might have still sucked but at least they would have given it a shot. Also, Larry runs this show now, it's his show. Mac bailed, Meat has retreated to the Time Out Closet, never to return. Finji is now toast and banished to the Negative Zone. Mac goes bye bye and management drops the atom bomb. I can't quite blame them, but I do...I do blame them for ruining the 9-1 time slot.

Anyways, what is on tap for today?

BAD RADIO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Spiegs is "still sick," per Twitter but will be in studio with Leary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
redskingreg wrote:
Spiegs is "still sick," per Twitter but will be in studio with Leary.

Hopefully it's contagious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Who heard caller Tom stroking Leary saying he was the best thing to ever happen at the Score while chastising Grimace for not watching sports, and being more concerned with impersonating other bands. Had to be someone from here. He hit all the talking points. Spill it, which one of you psychos was it?

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Probably Ivan.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Dallas Winston wrote:
Who heard caller Tom stroking Leary saying he was the best thing to ever happen at the Score while chastising Grimace for not watching sports, and being more concerned with impersonating other bands. Had to be someone from here. He hit all the talking points. Spill it, which one of you psychos was it?

Wouldn't be anyone here, because they wouldn't slurp Laurence in order to put down Pants. If anything, it would have been the other way around and the caller would have called him Leary/Larry.

On another note, the Leary Bingo is off to a rousing start.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
Which is more prevalent? Matt's unhappiness about coming back to the show today, or Leary's unhappiness that Matt came back to the show today?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
For months now I have had the feeling that Spiegel is completely miscast as a sports talker in this town. I just can't listen to him.
I hope he finds his path in life, which seemingly revolves around music and the entertainment industry.

He is in the toy department of life and sounds absolutely bored with the whole thing.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Larry always has to mention his Italian hunk Matty a dozen times a show...then he leaves Spiegel speechless after bringing up Family Guy. I mean really, what was Spiegel to say to that completely uninteresting narrative? Sometimes I feel sorry for Meat but then again I remind myself that he's the one who has let Larry completely take over this show and then trash it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Leary just said Spiegel's man card is in jeopardy because he never solved Super Mario Brothers. :roll:

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Be serious about being a musician or be serious about being a sportstalk radio host?!?

I can't see being serious about either.

[Edit, yeah, Dallas. Incredible.]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Taco Bell Mexican Pizza...mmmmm
Larry's man card should be taken away for bringing the show to the level of talking about Super Mario Brothers....and then he should be fired.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:47 am 

Dallas Winston wrote:
Leary just said Spiegel's man card is in jeopardy because he never solved Super Mario Brothers. :roll:

Ill bet he niver collected comic books either!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
And I bet Matt also tells his mom about all the really, really, really great athletes he meets OH THAT'S RIGHT SHE'S DID.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am 

I like the irony of these two talking about Dan Dierdorf leaving CBS and discussing if Gumble will retain the #2 team slot with a new partner or will an entirely new team be given that spot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 am 

can we start an official petition to fire larry? i think if we got 1000 signatures it would happen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am 

wow.. just turned it on and larry says "you know what we NEED, we need matt to come in here for 1/2 hour a day and just read nfl glossary terms. just talk about different nfl terms and sayings".

CLICK.

im not turning it back on until the other guy i cant stand comes on at 1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
It was me. I'm also giving him a lot of twitter praise. LMAO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
wow.. just turned it on and larry says "you know what we NEED, we need matt to come in here for 1/2 hour a day and just read nfl glossary terms. just talk about different nfl terms and sayings".

CLICK.

im not turning it back on until the other guy i cant stand comes on at 1.

:lol: he said it sounds like a lot of fun. Fun?

Definitely PTFB radio.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Roberto's
Wow! Just Wow! Leary just suggested bringing Matt Bowen in to do a football term glossary segment. I didn't think that creating something crappier than the "film room" segment was possible, but I guess shame on me for underestimating the Green lantern. First a video based segment during mid-days for a predominantly mobile audience, now a segment based on the portion of a book that is only utilized out of necessity. I should see if he wants to have me in to discuss the manual for my Buick. That's appointment radio. I'm at 8 I need a life changing lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm 

WestmontMike wrote:
I like the irony of these two talking about Dan Dierdorf leaving CBS and discussing if Gumble will retain the #2 team slot with a new partner or will an entirely new team be given that spot.

Yeah, CBS is going to demote Greg Gumbel because he's getting a better partner. ::dismissive wanking::

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:42 pm 

BigClem wrote:
Wow! Just Wow! Leary just suggested bringing Matt Bowen in to do a football term glossary segment. I didn't think that creating something crappier than the "film room" segment was possible, but I guess shame on me for underestimating the Green lantern. First a video based segment during mid-days for a predominantly mobile audience, now a segment based on the portion of a book that is only utilized out of necessity. I should see if he wants to have me in to discuss the manual for my Buick. That's appointment radio. I'm at 8 I need a life changing lunch.

thats so 20min ago...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:12 pm 

Did I hear Leary insinuating he's dated crazy women in the past? Earth to Leary: anyone who voluntarily spends time with you is crazy, by definition.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:19 pm 

The better idea would be to stop using the jargon of the industry that changes from team to team and year to year and instead use the very simple, plain language terms that are readily available.

Mike, Will and Sam ARE Middle, Weak and Strong obscured so that a few can act like they have some superior knowledge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
FloydGondolli wrote:
Larry's man card should be taken away for bringing the show to the level of talking about Super Mario Brothers....and then he should be fired.

In my opinion, he is not reading the audience for this show/timeslot, or the studio he is in at all. I noticed it last week, once with a video game reference and once with wrestling. He made a joke/comparison/cultural reference to, Tecmo Bowl and the NWO respectively, and you could hear the air leave the room. Rather than catching this and changing directions after a beat, he pursued it. "You know? you know in Tecmo bowl, where..." This is not your night audience and, to be honest, I think your night audience is just being polite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
BigClem wrote:
Which is more prevalent? Matt's unhappiness about coming back to the show today, or Leary's unhappiness that Matt came back to the show today?

I caught the first couple minutes. Spiegel was saying what his ailments were. Leary fired back a couple times that no one cares. I had to laugh, considering Leary is the one who takes a 20-second story about ordering a pizza and turns it ten minutes of word vomit. Because that's what people keer about.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
havent heard 1 second within the past 10 days? Maybe it was 9, not counting, but been enough to no, it is off the schedule.

While Silvy and Waddle / Jurk and Carm have a ton of room for improvement, its not a trainwreck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:08 pm 

I'm so glad the Leery pizza story lives on here at the CSFMB. I heard it live, and knew even then that it was like the platonic ideal of Laurence Holmes Bullshit No One Cares About.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:21 pm 

I know he won't do it here but I'd like to meet Finfer on his lily pad and get the real dirt on Larry and Spiegs . Their resentment of each other is growing by the day

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
redskingreg wrote:
BigClem wrote:

I caught the first couple minutes. Spiegel was saying what his ailments were. Leary fired back a couple times that no one cares. I had to laugh, considering Leary is the one who takes a 20-second story about ordering a pizza and turns it ten minutes of word vomit. Because that's what people keer about.

I could have sworn he mentioned his Crohn's earlier in the week. Plus, I read here a few years ago that he missed some time for health reasons and when he came back he gave a rather long speech about his health status because "so many people" had been asking him to do so.

I suspect that was roughly the same number of people who forced him to get Ginger Zee on his show one evening so he could clear the air about "all the rumors" that they were dating.