It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
This breaking news from Larry.

I really don't think that's true. I think other people covered the tab. Anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
City of Fools wrote:
This breaking news from Larry.

I really don't think that's true. I think other people covered the tab. Anyone?

He's taking a BernSTINE meme and puking it out, probably in an attempt to sound intelligent, deep and ahead of the curve. He also is setting the stage to try and impress BernSTINE

What a turd.

Thanks for ruining the 9-1 timeslot, LARRY.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
My old driver's ed teacher was some sort of Phys Ed instructor at NIU. Man, he just railed against NIU even having a football team and how much money it sucked from everything else. Course this was 25 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: LouMal
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/30 ... s-20121231

Sparing Northern Illinois from a similar fate, the MAC recently approved $4 million in travel expenses for the team. Exact payouts will not be calculated until after the game, but the school should leave Miami with a reasonable profit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Yeah Spanky/NIU Husky already debunked this multiple times.

Larry needs to stick to which female celebrities would 'get it'. I assume 'it' is either his massive erection or a nice non threatening dinner date in which he makes lame conversation and they never return his calls...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 am 

Sparing Northern Illinois from a similar fate, the MAC recently approved $4 million in travel expenses for the team. Exact payouts will not be calculated until after the game, but the school should leave Miami with a reasonable profit.

"This is a celebration for the entire conference," Steinbrecher said. "We've made it to a BCS game."

Some of that achievement cannot be measured in dollars and cents. Though the Huskies are a heavy underdog to Florida State, their campus in DeKalb has been buzzing for weeks.

Coach Rod Carey sees a positive response from high-school recruits — "They call us back," he said — and alumni, who donated more than $31,000 so the university could offer students a $150 travel package that includes transportation, meals and a two-night hotel stay for the game. Twenty-six buses were scheduled to head south from Illinois.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 am 

whoops already posted. I will try and call in. I'm so tired of this stuff getting repeated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am 

NIU would have lost a ton of money though.

Interesting to see if the MAC bails them out two years in a row. Central Michigan probably can't be too happy financing a bowl trip for NIU that gives them a major competitive advantage in future years over the rest of the teams in the MAC.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Yeah Spanky/NIU Husky already debunked this multiple times.

Larry needs to stick to which female celebrities would 'get it'. I assume 'it' is either his massive erection or a nice non threatening dinner date in which he makes lame conversation and they never return his calls...

or a really ugly girl calls the station late at night. Herb passes on her ( :shock: ) and Leary invites her over.

I will stick by my story that this all happened as it was from a complete stranger at a Brewers game and she called her sister UGLY. So you know she is U G LY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:48 am 

Most schools lose money going to the bowl games, its the way the bowls are set up. Schools are on the hook for so many hotel rooms and game tickets, and given the short window to promote some games, losses are inevitable.

The conference [i]does[\b] benefit because not everybody gets recruited by the top schools and the idea of competing against the top teams inside the conference becomes a lure. NIU being invited to a New Year's bowl game, the #1 pick in the NFL coming from the MAC, those are things that can lure the kid from Michigan or Ohio that isn't going to one of their top schools (let alone makes easier the decision for kid in Illinois).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
City of Fools wrote:
whoops already posted. I will try and call in. I'm so tired of this stuff getting repeated.

Let us know if you get on. I simply can't listen to this show, but will check the podcast if you get through.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:43 pm 

I won't listen to the show's execution, but I will examine the showtopsy report.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i'm going to try this while buyern munich is @ halftime. can it really be as bad as people say?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm 

called at 10:00, they told me to call back at 12:20

called at 12:20, said they were backed up on guests and wouldn't have time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:45 pm 

City of Fools > Charch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Zizou wrote:
City of Fools > Charch.

Why do they even need Charch when they have the score fantasy football expert Adam Haaaarris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 pm 

isn't there like a website you can go to just find the expected fantasy points for each player? oooooooOOOOOOO it drives me out of my mind to listen to that crap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:10 pm 

it must drive the meters but I just don't get it. A more helpful segment would be simply reading Charch's ratings with an explanation on each position.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:19 pm 

We could be listening to the Goff and Spiegel show and actually not want to kill ourselves from 9-1.

Thanks a lot Jason!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Hank Scorpio wrote:
We could be listening to the Goff and Spiegel show and actually not want to kill ourselves from 9-1.

Thanks a lot Jason!!

Well Spiegel would still be involved in that scenario so it sounds like suicide is still the best option

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Thanks a lot Jason!!

Yeah, if Goff were still here, we definitely wouldn't get any cheap race-baiting, bad Bernstein imitations, or pointless conversations about takeout food and hot women.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Thanks a lot Jason!!

Yeah, if Goff were still here, we definitely wouldn't get any cheap race-baiting, bad Bernstein imitations, or pointless conversations about takeout food and hot women.

You'll get that from any of the clones at 670. At least Goff could make you laugh once in a while. Intentionally.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Thanks a lot Jason!!

You'll get that from any of the clones at 670. At least Goff could make you laugh once in a while. Intentionally.

Touche, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I wonder if Jason's apartment in Atlanta has an operable dishwasher.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
From the Larz site:

Vince wrote:
I've been listening to H&S for the past several weeks and before that, the Mac & Spiegel show and I don't recall Spiegel being as combative or antagonistic toward Danny as he is toward Laurence. Holmes seems like a friendly, affable guy who would be the easiest person to work with at the Score. Spiegel, on the other hand, sounds like a lighter version of Bernstein.
I wonder how long this pair will last.

and

Jed wrote:
Vince, it's not as bad as Holmes was on his solo show he once hosted. Holmes is a Bernstein knock off who wants to be like him and it's just not working. It's bad enough they have those two idiots in B&B on for 5 hours in the day acting like spoiled brats and to throw in Holmes with 4 hours afterwards just made it unbearable to listen to. Now he's moved into the afternoons and maybe Spiegs is just knocking Holmes down a few notches and telling him in his own words to just zip it and cool it for a while, and it's just my two cents on this. Don't care for any of their hosts except Les. But looks as if Mac will be done at the station real soon.

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/message-board/holmes-and-spiegel

That: shake it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Telegram Sam wrote:
From the Larz site:
Spiegel, on the other hand, sounds like a lighter version of Bernstein.

I think that would be a heavier version of bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
From the Larz site:
Spiegel, on the other hand, sounds like a lighter version of Bernstein.

I think that would be a heavier version of bernstein.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
@DanWolken: MAC official told me Northern Illinois BCS bid last year was worth extra $360k for other schools in the league

Shove off Leery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
SirTinkleButton wrote:
@DanWolken: MAC official told me Northern Illinois BCS bid last year was worth extra $360k for other schools in the league

Shove off Leery

Well, this is another cherry on the top of a shit sundae. Leery is another BernSTINE ornament on the BernSTINE Bad Radio Douche Tree. Parroting shit that he heard from BernSTINE that BernSTINE got from "people on Twitter."

Horrible, just fucking horrible.