It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Laurence Love
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:26 pm 

A guy I played baseball with growing up just posted this on Facebook....

Not sure how many of my boys back in Chi listen to The Score, but I'd love to hear thoughts on the new (might not be new, but I just heard it) mid-day show. Not sure what happened to Mac, but I love some Lo-Holmes. Love some Lo-Holmes. Lawrence, FYI, be you, don't morph into a Bernstein clone. You are great just how you are, my friend.

Post subject: Re: Laurence Love
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tndjs56zXsA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:36 pm 

billypootons wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tndjs56zXsA

Nobody clicks those links, Billy.

I just thought the post was funny. Especially the part about NOT being a Bernstein clone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:48 pm 
They must be getting the message the the LoHo experiment is sucking. Cuase LoHo puts out FaceySpace stuff about every 20 minutes promoting things 18 times, and usually gets a bunch of his ALS to post "oh you rock" comments. And they don't like it when you point out how dumb stuff is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I just don't understand the LoHo hate. Yes,he's quirky but I think he's a decent listen along with Speigs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:51 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I just don't understand the LoHo hate.

It's all about racism.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:52 pm 
I've said numerous times. I like LoHo as the evening host. I think he's probably the best Bears beat guy that they have had since Bernsie. But he's AWFUL as a host in a prime slot. He would be fine if he would just be himself, but when he get's a prime time slot he can't do that. He has to try and impress everybody and take control of things and show how good he is.

LoHo being LoHo at night, good.
LoHo trying to prove he belongs at the big kids table, BAD.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 pm 

Baby MC,
That is something I thought too. Which is weird since going solo is a harder gig,I would think.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I like LoHo's enthusiasm, drive and obvious passion for his craft. Sure, he can get a bit annoying at times but who can't? He is trying very hard to make this thing work well. I admire that tremendously. I guess my biggest complaint recently is Matt Bowen's Film Room - on the radio?!? We are working, driving, etc. and can't see that segment at all... C'mon, Man!!!

The bottom line is that I love listening to The Score @ work and would obviously prefer to see Danny Mac come back - I think he & Spiegs really work well together. However, if LoHo and Spiegs are the permanent 9-1 option, I'll be there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
Lawrence, FYI, be you, don't morph into a Bernstein clone. You are great just how you are, my friend.

You are great just how you are.... except that Larry is a bad Bernstein clone.

Dont lie RPB, you posted that yourself...No one could be that intentionally clueless.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
jimmypasta wrote:
I just don't understand the LoHo hate. Yes,he's quirky but I think he's a decent listen along with Speigs.

The "Skill" of talking isnt learned. You have it or you don't. You might be able to get better at it, learn how to do it in a format, but boring is boring. A guy you dont want to hear about his pizza deliveries or his comics or his mom, is a guy who shouldn't be on radio, because that makes that PERSONALITY not a good listen.

As one former board guy put it "He is really uncool" and in the worst way possible, as we all know he truley wants to be called a dork, geek, nerd as it implies he has some intelligence that makes him that way. WRONG

I havent even turned on the Score in weeks now. Not 1 second of it.

dislike doesnt need to be always called hate. I just choose not to listen to Leary. He bores me and makes a really bad "PERSONALITY"

I think that word "PERSONALITY" is something that has escaped the radio industry and Leary is a prime example of it.

After you get past the fake bravado, the self promotion and the jocks ass licking, you are left with a guy who brings nothing to the table in terms of thought. And when he does have a thought, he creates notice and build up similar to Einsteins theory on defense! (Einstein was Lombardis asst in 63-67).

"Doesn't annoy me too much" is a really low bar to set for even a WLS overnight Sunday show.

Bottom line, they know he isnt good and contracts are driving his time on the air.

change is coming

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
bigfan wrote:
BEcause Ed Farmer is no longer doing games at this point 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

The "Skill" of talking isnt learned. You have it or you don't. You might be able to get better at it, learn how to do it in a format, but boring is boring. A guy you dont want to hear about his pizza deliveries or his comics or his mom, is a guy who shouldn't be on radio, because that makes that PERSONALITY not a good listen.

As one former board guy put it "He is really uncool" and in the worst way possible, as we all know he truley wants to be called a dork, geek, nerd as it implies he has some intelligence that makes him that way. WRONG

dislike doesnt need to be always called hate. I just choose not to listen to Leary. He bores me and makes a really bad "PERSONALITY"

I think that word "PERSONALITY" is something that has escaped the radio industry and Leary is a prime example of it.

After you get past the fake bravado, the self promotion and the jocks ass licking, you are left with a guy who brings nothing to the table in terms of thought. And when he does have a thought, he creates notice and build up similar to Einsteins theory on defense! (Einstein was Lombardis asst in 63-67).

"Doesn't annoy me too much" is a really low bar to set for even a WLS overnight Sunday show.

Bottom line, they know he isnt good and contracts are driving his time on the air.

Very well said.

bigfan wrote:
change is coming

Thank you, baby Jesus.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 pm 

So you're saying you don't like Larry?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:

change is coming

This might have been missed by people. Big Fan knows something. He's gotta source.

So who replaces Larry!!!! Light "em up!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 pm 

IF that's true,I think the SCORE needs an "all-around" guy,not another football guy.
I don't know who,but maybe a 3 man team to shake things up?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Let's say Big Fan info correct. And there is no reason to doubt him. That would be a record. For one guy to get fired from a midday shift, twice, at the same station. Did it in about 4 years, too.

Larry: Hamp and Holmes, baby!!!! We're awesome.

Zim: No. (Hit's Bernstein's shotgun sounder)

Larry: Fine. Me and Spiegs are rockin' it!!!!!

Zim: No. (Hits Bernstein's shotgun sounder)

Larry: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
Beardown wrote:
This might have been missed by people. Big Fan knows something. He's gotta source.

It's not the biggest secret in the world who's FFL BigFan is in. Boy nothing escapes the keen perception of Beardown.

Did you get frustrated trying to tell us how Cutty was like Jason Goff while working a Matty shot into it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Baby McNown wrote:
Beardown wrote:

It's not the biggest secret in the world who's FFL BigFan is in. Boy nothing escapes the keen perception of Beardown.

Did you get frustrated trying to tell us how Cutty was like Jason Goff while working a Matty shot into it?

I know he's in Mac's FFL. I don't think Mac's the source for this one. Mac's in hiding. And if he is talking to friends, I don't think he'd have info on Zim wanting to launch Larry. He's on the outs at the Score right now. Perhaps even fighting with Zim over money. Why would Zim share that info with Mac? Zim's gonna tell Mac that he thinks his replacement sucks? That doesn't make sense.

How's that for keen perception? :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:56 pm 
Beardown wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I know he's in Mac's FFL. I don't think Mac's the source for this one. Mac's in hiding. And if he is talking to friends, I don't think he'd have info on Zim wanting to launch Larry. He's on the outs at the Score right now. Perhaps even fighting with Zim over money. Why would Zim share that info with Mac? Zim's gonna tell Mac that he thinks his replacement sucks? That doesn't make sense.

How's that for keen perception? :P

Hmmmm. You don't draw lines very well. Like I said. You don't have any perception. Or half a clue,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm 

Beardown wrote:
bigfan wrote:

change is coming

So who replaces Larry!!!! Light "em up!!!!

The sad truth is there no one with any talent to replace Holmes. Management will just plug in an ex-Bear or one of the white stiffs who work behind the scenes. Rod and Mitch need to go. They are the ones ultimately responsible for the lack of compelling radio personalities at the station. No one has the balls to try anything different at WSCR. They're in bed with the teams (at least the Bears and Sox) and won't put anyone too controversial on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Rod Zimmerman shouldn't even be so involved in the operations of the Score. He runs the whole cluster! Wasn't there a station manager above Mitch and above CBS management once?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:04 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Rod Zimmerman shouldn't even be so involved in the operations of the Score. He runs the whole cluster! Wasn't there a station manager above Mitch and above CBS management once?

No source specific to this issue!

But have heard Zimmerman stories from many sources and they all say the same story. His style of management is to cut costs and low as possible, thinking it will create a higher profit margin. He is not a pro active guy who creates revenue, he doesnt have ideas, he just keeps the costs low and thinks the product will survive no matter what. He's wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:09 pm 

Leary is like the guy in "8 Mile" who claims to just help B Murphy (Em's GF in the movie) and then ends up banging her.

(Just watching it right now, seemed applicable as the guy even looks like Leary)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:19 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

But have heard Zimmerman stories from many sources and they all say the same story. His style of management is to cut costs and low as possible, thinking it will create a higher profit margin. He is not a pro active guy who creates revenue, he doesnt have ideas, he just keeps the costs low and thinks the product will survive no matter what. He's wrong.

Bean-counters. They've ruined radio.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This is true of all corps. Middle managers and slightly above have been made to dance to the metrics. Like sabr baseball guys margins and growth are what is looked at to make the people above see and get you a bonus. Fuck everything else. This is the only reason Mac wasn't staying at ESPN. They just wanted to halve his contract.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:53 pm 

I've seen the damage the PPM mentality can do. One station had to tighten up the playlist even further -- and it was a Hot AC to begin with, not exactly a deep library -- to make sure no one PTFBed on a song they didn't know/like. That pissed off the talent. Then they started to obsess over stop sets being too long and wanting fewer commercials at higher rates, and now it's easy to see a problem here, and to see why this bean-counter is no longer counting this station's beans and is now counting in Clinton, Iowa or something.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:20 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Bean-counters. They've ruined radio.

Cutting cost is the easy way out, but so is creating content that produces revenue.