It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
I believe Amnesty International is demanding Obama stop torturing the GITMO prisoners by making them listen to the XM All NBA station.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
There is a reason Jason, Les, and Mac are generally the most respected radio guys on this board. They don't pretend that they don't read the board and they aren't afraid to actually face their critics in this forum. If you think about it, this message board is a place where some of the most rabid fans of sports talk radio in Chicago meet up. To ignore such fans is not only disrespectful, it's just goddamn dumb. But we all know they all read the board. Yeah, even bernstein. Especially bernstein.

EDIT: Well, drinky might have his wife read it to him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Said it for Years it is about as dumb as one can get.

Its a 24 hour free focus group.

You dont need to do what is said, but to ignore reading it, is pretty pompous. Know what I mean Rodney?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 pm 

Jason would also solve some other alleged issues regarding the hosts at the Score.

Would be really interesting to see Jason working under the security of a nice deal and then see his interactions with people on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
bigfan wrote:
Jason would also solve some other alleged issues regarding the hosts at the Score.

The "they're all white guys with degrees" issue?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:42 pm 

More guys without degrees would make that nation sound much better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
bigfan wrote:
More guys without degrees would make that nation sound much better.

Exactly right.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:53 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There is a reason Jason, Les, and Mac are generally the most respected radio guys on this board. They don't pretend that they don't read the board and they aren't afraid to actually face their critics in this forum.

Pfft.... you kidding me dude? I think I can remember a few actually-salient Goff posts on here over the years, but ever since he left for the nation's #1 DL paradise all he does is show up with a smiley face to basically say "Hey I just want you guys to remember that I'm reading everything you say about me" which is kind of an ominous message to send... cuz see Jason "SiriusXM" Goff is now a Big Fucking Deal(tm) so he can't get caught actually having conversations with us about anything; it's beneath him, so he can't be associated with us outside of token little :D posts saying "the most dangerous producer in america is watching YOU"

doing that that compels everyone to show up and say "AWWW JASON YOU'RE THE BEST! WE LOVE YOU HERE MAN! WISH YOU WERE BACK ON THE SCORE!!!" and then he can sit back and bask in the collective dicksucking that everyone gives him cuz "OMFG THAT'S FREAKIN JASON GEORGE GOFF POSTING HERE!!! WITH ALL OF US!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG I'M GONNA TELL MY DAD HE'LL NEVER BELIEVE THAT I HANG OUT WITH THAT RADIO GUY!!!"

and that, as always, has been my hangup with the over-the-top goff love on here.... it's a weird cult of personality that's derived from everyone loving the guy simply because he isn't as awful as everyone else (read:SHAKE THAT) at the station, and thus people's desire to have him replace laurence led for them to love him as he was their great white hope (unless he's decided to be black for a moment so he can talk about chicago ave and the community with authority) because HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD STOP LAURENCE'S RISE TO THE PEOPLE'S EMPIRE COLON WE DO WHAT WE WANT.
so yeha, blah blah blah sini post i know, but maybe goff has gotten better since last i heard him and thus all of this love is warranted, but really, everyone's acting like this aloof poseur is some sort of really good radio host when in reality he was just the lesser of all evils over @ the score and thus we hoped and we prayed that eventually he'd get laurence's role, but instead laurence made his powerplay while goff DaMaNeeled himself down to a #10-20something market with his future prospects hinging on hooking up with a company who thought giving a retired howard stern ~$750mil over 10 years was a good solid business plan. ha!

Last edited by sinicalypse on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:22 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
also, in light of what happened with DaMaNeel-gate and the move to ATL, what was Dan McNeil trying to tell us when he called Jason Goff the #1 chicago sports talk host of the year 2020? was he saying that jason's so great that he was bound to rise up the ranks and supplant Dan as FOTS and become the best sports personality in chicago?

or was he saying that goff wasn't ever going to get a chance to host a real primetime chicago sports talk radio gig until roughly the year 2020? i'm really starting to think that this is what DaMaNeel meant when he said it, which is a pretty clever way to take a big ole shot at the guy in the form of mostly-assumed-praise.

and now that goff is out of the chicago market hosting shows with seriously hundreds to maybe a few thousand listeners, welp, how do his chances of being the #1 chicago sports talker in 2020 seem? WELL PLAYED DAN, WELL PLAYED (cuz i'm told Dan McNeil reads the board... if only he could show up in threads about him and post a :D to let us know, man, i'd love to tell the guy how much i miss him and love his show)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Sini, I'm not a Goff fan. If he ever had me, he lost me when he spent an entire show talking about his busted dishwasher in true Shake That! fashion. But the fact remains, he is at least honest enough to admit reading the board. Larry strikes me as a guy who uses an app that alerts him whenever his name is mentioned in cyberspace. Yeah, I really believe he doesn't read this board.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There is a reason Jason, Les, and Mac are generally the most respected radio guys on this board. They don't pretend that they don't read the board and they aren't afraid to actually face their critics in this forum.

Pfft.... you kidding me dude? I think I can remember a few actually-salient Goff posts on here over the years, but ever since he left for the nation's #1 DL paradise all he does is show up with a smiley face to basically say "Hey I just want you guys to remember that I'm reading everything you say about me" which is kind of an ominous message to send... cuz see Jason "SiriusXM" Goff is now a Big Fucking Deal(tm) so he can't get caught actually having conversations with us about anything; it's beneath him, so he can't be associated with us outside of token little :D posts saying "the most dangerous producer in america is watching YOU"

doing that that compels everyone to show up and say "AWWW JASON YOU'RE THE BEST! WE LOVE YOU HERE MAN! WISH YOU WERE BACK ON THE SCORE!!!" and then he can sit back and bask in the collective dicksucking that everyone gives him cuz "OMFG THAT'S FREAKIN JASON GEORGE GOFF POSTING HERE!!! WITH ALL OF US!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG I'M GONNA TELL MY DAD HE'LL NEVER BELIEVE THAT I HANG OUT WITH THAT RADIO GUY!!!"

and that, as always, has been my hangup with the over-the-top goff love on here.... it's a weird cult of personality that's derived from everyone loving the guy simply because he isn't as awful as everyone else (read:SHAKE THAT) at the station, and thus people's desire to have him replace laurence led for them to love him as he was their great white hope (unless he's decided to be black for a moment so he can talk about chicago ave and the community with authority) because HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD STOP LAURENCE'S RISE TO THE PEOPLE'S EMPIRE COLON WE DO WHAT WE WANT.
so yeha, blah blah blah sini post i know, but maybe goff has gotten better since last i heard him and thus all of this love is warranted, but really, everyone's acting like this aloof poseur is some sort of really good radio host when in reality he was just the lesser of all evils over @ the score and thus we hoped and we prayed that eventually he'd get laurence's role, but instead laurence made his powerplay while goff DaMaNeeled himself down to a #10-20something market with his future prospects hinging on hooking up with a company who thought giving a retired howard stern ~$750mil over 10 years was a good solid business plan. ha!
Touch 'em all sini. :salut:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Already heard him steal the bernstein 'basketball hell' thing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:57 pm 

torch! wrote:
Already heard him steal the bernstein 'basketball hell' thing

Bernstein does have a history of being spot on from time to time. It seems like a natural term to pick up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Only steal from Bernstein if you want to sound like a tool.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:04 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Only steal from Bernstein if you want to sound like a tool.

I don't like what he's become, but there were reasons many of us were solid fans. Despite calls for the immediate signing of Eddie Robinson (which even he laughed about), he once was an insightful (basketball) host.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
He's always sounded like an a hole. Maybe not to the degree he is today but it's always been there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
sinicalypse wrote:
cuz see Jason "SiriusXM" Goff is now a Big Fucking Deal(tm) so he can't get caught actually having conversations with us about anything; it's beneath him, so he can't be associated with us outside of token little :D posts saying "the most dangerous producer in america is watching YOU"

and that, as always, has been my hangup with the over-the-top goff love on here....

That's a you problem.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 pm 

Just like with Mike North, lots of people jealous because Goff went national.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sam Mitchell changed it to 'basketball purgatory'. Then he said 'it's like your girlfriend that's not really kissable, but not bad enough to kick out of the car'. A good laugh was had by all

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Just like with Mike North, lots of people jealous because Goff went national.

I fall in the Bruce Weber camp. Who cares?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
Black guys talking sports are like supermodels - the public only wants them when they're trendy, young n pretty!

Interesting to know.