It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Chus I dig you man, but when I ask "you know why the station personnel don't take this board seriously".... yeah. You're providing a really good illustration of why on Twitter right now.
Looks like Baby McCown also has Chus in his head all day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Baby McNown wrote:
Chus I dig you man, but when I ask "you know why the station personnel don't take this board seriously".... yeah. You're providing a really good illustration of why on Twitter right now.

What did I say that was out of line?

You're right. I easily illustrated how thin-skinned, smug, dim-witted, and arrogant the producers are. Who cares if anybody from the station posts here?

Guys that are described by those words, aren't posting here anyway. They can't block me here.

How do they know that I am from the board, if they aren't? If they did read the board, I'm sure your rantings would be much more of a turnoff, than anything I said last night.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Baby McNown wrote:

We've got guys here named Phil McCracken and a guy named after a testicle from an Anchorman movie. I doubt we will ever be taken seriously.

Besides, it's easier to marginalize us than deal with the criticisms. Mac and Silvy are about the only ones with the stones to come here and deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I guess I like Mac and all but wasn't this kind of a buster move seeing as how he was under contract and he brought guys into the station and all? It comes off as... selfish. If its true. Which it might not be.

they knew the risks:

http://youtu.be/dGOVbXF7Iog

Yeah and he's been saying for a while he wants to do something else. Isn't this kind of what happened at espn?

I'm sad he couldn't get the best of Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I guess I like Mac and all but wasn't this kind of a buster move seeing as how he was under contract and he brought guys into the station and all? It comes off as... selfish. If its true. Which it might not be.

they knew the risks:

http://youtu.be/dGOVbXF7Iog

Yeah and he's been saying for a while he wants to do something else. Isn't this kind of what happened at espn?

I'm sad he couldn't get the best of Bernstein.

The odds of him returning aren't too good right now, but I hope he straightens out his life.
His troubles can't be fixed by taking a month or two off every year and he still doesn't understand that. Sad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 pm 

We don't really know what the current issue is. I wouldn't want to walk a mile in his shoes, I can tell you that much.

It's nice you've toned down from a few years ago.

He was disinterested the last year or two at espn, and I think his 5ish years at the score have been terrible. I don't know if that is reflective of the turmoil in his life or what but I don't know that he'd be part of a good show going forward. I'd like some new blood in radio or something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Spaulding wrote:
I'd like some new blood in radio or something.

Just give me a show. We'll talk NASCAR, Illini buckets, curling, golf, and team handball, CHICAGO!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:17 pm 

Throw in some accounting humor and you are on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

We've got guys here named Phil McCracken and a guy named after a testicle from an Anchorman movie. I doubt we will ever be taken seriously.

Besides, it's easier to marginalize us than deal with the criticisms. Mac and Silvy are about the only ones with the stones to come here and deal with it.

You have a free focus group of hardcore listeners assembled every single day. Anyone in Chicago sports radio who isn't reading this board should be fired immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:20 pm 

We don't talk about the shows as much as we used to. They don't give us much. They mostly steal ideas, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:48 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

You have a free focus group of hardcore listeners assembled every single day. Anyone in Chicago sports radio who isn't reading this board should be fired immediately.

I'm sure they read it. But I doubt anybody is making decisions based on what JORR and Dr. Ken are thinking.

And, if they are, they need to stop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I'm sure they read it. But I doubt anybody is making decisions based on what JORR and Dr. Ken are thinking.

And, if they are, they need to stop.

That's true. You can't narrowcast to the elite intelligentsia. There's no money in it. Advertisers need to target the lowest common denominator. They're probably paying attention to what IMU and Elmhurst Steve think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:59 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Throw in some accounting humor and you are on.

The idea of this show has me so excited that I needed to file an extension.....for my pants.

HI-YOOOO!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:18 am 

That made me laugh. Good one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

They DO read the board.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 am 

Scorehead wrote:

They DO read the board.

just like vladimir putin pays attention to pussy riot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mitch just tweeted that Mac will be on the station at noon to talk to the people.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
hmmm, they wouldn't have him on to say goodbye.... but was the espn stunt just a power play to get more expensive paper?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Not on until noon? What does that mean for 9-11:59? And, dammit, we have our holiday lunch at noon today! I won't be able to listen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Why noon ? Its either to thank mitch n zim n say goodbye or to thank larry for destroying the show n announce he's. back on Monday .