It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Learys Final 10 minutes
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
As I knew he would turn it into his stage, I needed to Pod this one up....

Highlights...or lowlights

-Herb and Joe are his Dannettes (Dan Patrick Reference), how happy are these guys?
-Having a partner and a lively debate picks up his level. Spiegs reply a "MMMMhhhhhMMMM" (We all know what that means!)
-Star Trek reference of running a ship and of course self describing himself as a GEEK. Claims he is the "CAPTAIN" Spiegs question Learys self assignment as Captain
-Spiegel lEArned many of Learys "disfunctions", which he claims he "Enjoyed" (yeah right)
-Leary "I am angry, just not as angry as I am portrayed" (I am shaking)
-Leary "I had more fun than I thought I was going to have " Spiegs "Hahh" (Under breath from back handed semi compliment)
-"I would like to thank everyone for letting me bring my ideas to this show" Thanked almost everyone at the station.Drinky, Kerry, Mitch, Jay, Finji, Shep, etc etc,,,what ideas?
- "You can still hear my stuff, which is a little bit edgier at nighttime still" Ask herb, Edgy! Hater! Edgy!

Leary really took the last 10 minutes of the show to act like he worked there for 20 years and was retiring!

And one thing that came through clearer than any mic could ever convey it, was the huge sigh of relief from Spiegs when this mess was over!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
The only thing Leary and Dan Patrick have in common is they both talk about sports.

Damn, that guy is full of himself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Painful listen. Just... awful.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i still can't get over the fact that laurence is prolly insecure enough to have his nighttime show feature the NBC SNF-style player/college intros just so he can toss out there that he's better educated than all of his staff. i'm guessing he gleamed some of this off of bernstein, who at least formally doesn't go on the air to tout his dukie education as > all of you zombies, but still no doubt dan's secure in the fact that he went to a very good school.

and so is laurence.... but he feels the need to remind everyone each and every night that he commands an a-team of lackeys who have low-end college educations, if any (altho it's funny that nobody shouts out longtime station sponsor the chicago school of broadcasting, where i know at least a few of these guys went)

hell, the only guy at the station who can namedrop a school universally perceived as better than DePaul is Bernstein Himself, so Laurence has nothing to lose by tossing it out there whenever he can. just like his legendary teaching career. like sy sperling before him, he's not only a student but he's a teacher too!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

I just don't know how anybody with an ounce of dignity or humility can actually behave the way he does. I'm serious. I have never met or heard of a person that celebrates himself as much as Larry celebrates himself. I mean Larry literally compliments himself and tells people that Larry loves Larry? AND HE'S NOT JOKING AROUND. He doesn't wait for people to tell him he's great. He's gonna fuckin say it himself. Who the fuck does that? You'd think he'd have the trigger that all of us have of "Wait, I sound like a douche." He doesn't have that trigger.

I find it truly amazing that anybody behaves this way, especially a 38 year old.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:44 pm 

Remember he is on twitter.

Spiegs had to be sick of that every 6 minutes.

"I tweeted that"

"I wrote about that"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 pm 
The last half hour was painful. I tuned in for the opening just to hear how they would set it up then went back to music. Tuned back in at around 11:30 and spent the next half hour PTFB every time I came back with that comic book football team BS. It was painfully obvious that Larry was gonna take control of every last second he could on the way out the door.

LoHo... please. Thanks for keeping the seat warm. But next time you get a chance at that slot, remember. Be yourself. Stop trying to run the show. You're a much better host when you do that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:49 pm 

this should be no surprise for anyone that has listened to Larry over the last few years. Larry really believes he is all that.

I hate Bernsie slobbering all over him during transition as well

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 pm 
RFDC wrote:
this should be no surprise for anyone that has listened to Larry over the last few years. Larry really believes he is all that.

That was a painful listen. It was like everybody was going out of their way to suck LoHo off for his work over the last 7 week. As much crap as I give the seriousness of this site, not sure if it was the comments on here, or maybe a monthly ratings book, but something had to have gotten into the heads of Mitch and Rod that the public hated LoHo. There's really no other reason for the entire station to try and prop him up today.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:02 am 

"I'm glad its over" Dick Jauron

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I'm just glad he is going back to nighttime where I don't even need to know he exists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Baby McNown wrote:
But next time you get a chance at that slot, remember. Be yourself.

Wasn't he?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 am 
newper wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Wasn't he?

Nope. LoHo the night host is a completely different animal than LoHo when he gets a day shift.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:42 am 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
RFDC wrote:

Yeah. Let's hear it for Leery for heroically being handed a better daypart than the one he had.

The one thing I'll always say in his favor is that he does care about being good at his job, and is a professional broadcaster in a sense that a lot of Score personalities are most decidedly not. That's why it's so irritating when such a self-professed student of the game seems to keep blowing off his "don't keep pushing ill-conceived programming" classes. You get the sense that he's being almost willfully bad when he has someone break down video on the radio, or instantly 180s for Bernstein, or engages in his other numerous peccadilloes. It's both better and worse than WSCR's traditional brand of innocently bumbling incompetence.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
newper wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Wasn't he?

Nope. LoHo the night host is a completely different animal than LoHo when he gets a day shift.

Might explain why I've never bothered to try to listen to him at night.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:54 am 
LoHo at night has some of the same weirdness, the comic book stuff. The WWE stuff. But as soon as he gets behind a mic during the day it seems like he feels he has to become LoHo on steroids. The shoving of bad bit down our throats. The aping of Bersie and talking. Really. Slowly. just to show you that he's. really. smart. The complete and total power grab he does on a show (unless it's Berns in which case he becomes a suck up, which on many days is worse)

I've been pretty consistent on here that I like LoHo in the evening slot. He relaxes. Yeah he does dumb crap but he doesn't take it seriously. LoHo on a late drive home or out running around, fine. LoHo on a day shift, PTFB.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
LoHo at night has some of the same weirdness, the comic book stuff. The WWE stuff. But as soon as he gets behind a mic during the day it seems like he feels he has to become LoHo on steroids. The shoving of bad bit down our throats. The aping of Bersie and talking. Really. Slowly. just to show you that he's. really. smart. The complete and total power grab he does on a show (unless it's Berns in which case he becomes a suck up, which on many days is worse)

I've been pretty consistent on here that I like LoHo in the evening slot. He relaxes. Yeah he does dumb crap but he doesn't take it seriously. LoHo on a late drive home or out running around, fine. LoHo on a day shift, PTFB.

Is that cause LoHo can't fly SoLo on the day shift? I don't remember him ever having a solo show during the day, but maybe he has.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am 
I don't remember a SoLoHo show even on the holidays when he was brand new. Maybe it's just that I have a much more open mind when the bell hits 6:00. I enjoy LoHo there. Bernsie when a rubber chicken was his co-host. Hell I even enjoyed Murph (NOT FAR ENOUGH) when he used to be the evening host (with the aforementioned Bernsie and Chicken as his fill in). Is there just something about getting upped to a day slot that tursn you into an insufferable POS (Bernsie excluded since I am a charter member or the ALS)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
My favorite part was when he was explaining how some geeks (him) get a lot of pussy. "Contrary to what some people (CSFMB) think, I do okay." :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Glad I couldn't listen yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
Glad I couldn't listen yesterday.

I thought from 1:04 PM on was a good listen. Can't vouch for the previous 5 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:06 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
My favorite part was when he was explaining how some geeks (him) get a lot of pussy. "Contrary to what some people (CSFMB) think, I do okay." :lol:

His hand must get mighty sore cause that is the only thing he gets. Pudwack in the literal sense.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:20 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Never seen a guy pushing harder to be called a geek.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

like when Johnny Carson used to ask Liberace when he was going to settle down with a woman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
"I don't mean to brag, but I don't really have a problem in that department (obtaining women)." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:10 pm 

Oh, lord. Leery telling the tale of his friend's attempt at getting him laid. I bet he's laid lots of times. In addition to the number of girls in the Niagara Falls area...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
redskingreg wrote:
"I don't mean to brag, but I don't really have a problem in that department (obtaining women)." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh no he dih ent

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:14 pm 

Oh yeah. I just made an appointment with my chiropractor because I've been cringing so hard the last ten minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 pm 

Classic leary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:16 pm 

I hope Q. Bovifs is tuning in. This is right in his wheelhouse.