It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Not saying that I agree or disagree with his thoughts, it's just the matter in which he talks. I think The Score teaches their people to condescend.

Quote:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 10m
To #Bears fans bitching to me because I respect the #Packers, you should too. Your organization is trying to emulate them.

Last edited by spmack on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Obvious troll is obvious...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Even his twitter picture has a condescending look. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm 

Anyways the Bears aren't emulating the Packer all that much.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Kirkwood wrote:
Anyways the Bears aren't emulating the Packer all that much.

Agreed.

And that tweet is identical to something BernSTINE would puke out.

All the wee wittle clones

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
he is a kid, trying to make a name for himself.

he is at Halas Hall daily. He is developing contacts and he is not afraid to mix it up with the guys in studio who last talked to a Bears player in 1991.

But I dont think he is correct about trying to Emulate the Packers. I cant dispute they have done a good job drafting players, with all that the defense sucked shit and once Rodgers went down, the offense wasnt close to as good as the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm 

bigfan wrote:
he is a kid, trying to make a name for himself.

he is at Halas Hall daily. He is developing contacts and he is not afraid to mix it up with the guys in studio who last talked to a Bears player in 1991.

But I dont think he is correct about trying to Emulate the Packers. I cant dispute they have done a good job drafting players, with all that the defense sucked shit and once Rodgers went down, the offense wasnt close to as good as the Bears.

Bears 4-3
Packers 3-4
Bears use free agency
Packers never do
Bears heavy o-line investment
Packers use Rodgers to make o-line look OK
Packers use slot extensively
Bears not so much
Cutler - go up get the ball
Rodgers - make receiver open

Bad thought Hoge man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Give him a break he's going through puberty .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Is he the one who's a Packers fan, or is that Adam Harris?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:02 pm 

Haha, tried to look up his twitter and this is what Chrome did to me:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:

I've always hated his picture. Just bugs me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hilarious when Hub Arkush questioned who Hoge was watching film with to come up with a completely different grade than he had in his review of Kyle Long. Hub all but called the film review that Hoge was referring to as completely ridiculous and then Hoge revealed that he was the one who evaluated and came up with the grade.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Bucky Chris wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Isn't he another Wisconsin snob? You're one of the few Badgers around here that doesn't seem full of himself, although BRick may disagree.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 pm 

spmack wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Isn't he another Wisconsin snob? You're one of the few Badgers around here that doesn't seem full of himself, although BRick may disagree.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:03 pm 

Funny how you can't call them "we" but you can call them "your organization." If they're mine, then hey, I guess we're all in this together.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
A kid? Isn't he, like, 35?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
A kid? Isn't he, like, 35?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamhoge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
spmack wrote:
Not saying that I agree or disagree with his thoughts, it's just the matter in which he talks. I think The Score teaches their people to condescend.

Quote:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 10m
To #Bears fans bitching to me because I respect the #Packers, you should too. Your organization is trying to emulate them.

man, where the fuck did adam hoge come from? clearly he was hired to be some sort of an "expert" or "authority" as opposed to another "reporter" or "columnist" because they literally had russ mitera record a big-voiced 30sec intro like we're having a signature segment every time he's on.

bigger picture, i think with the proliferation/ubiquity of the internet/social-media in our day to day lives, there's so much information out there readily available to us laymen that the old media's traditional role of being gatekeepers of sports information has been challenged by the aforementioned ubiquity of easily/freely-accessible-information that you no longer have to be a "professional" to have access to. and thus when we see some jamoche like "adam HOG" (cue curious hair's 2013 avatar of the year) prattling on like he's the be-all/end-all of information simply because he gets to hang out in the occasional locker room/press-conference, it's like "dude, wtf makes this guy anything special?"

from there, i would conjecture to guess that ppl who have these now-less-mighty/prolific jobs have some sort of an inferiority complex to deal with in the wake of knowing that some random asshole in libertyville (or wherever that soundbite-heralded stat geek who always calls/e-mails b&b is from) with nothing better to do has better information than they, the paid "professional" "journalist", has. it's gotten to the point where hub's legendary question of "where'd ya coach yer football?" actually carries legit weight because given that anyone with 5+ mins to burn looking up a certain pertinent stat likely has the same exact "research" that they have, if not better, well then having some sort of a formal title based on experience/merit is the only thing left to differentiate the elect (think oldschool puritans here) from the great unwashed (people like us, you know, the type that matt abbatacola openly laments being able to freely express their opinions without some sort of mandatory filter cuz "no matter how many games [we've] watched [our] opinions are meaningless [...unlike his]"

and thus you're left with some likely low-paid overglorified professional web-browsers who cop an ego because they're formally "in the industry" and left to validate their menial existence by virtue of the fact that we're all inconsequential wannabes while they're the real deal because they go to the games and hang out in the pressbox... nevermind the massive irony of the score/bernstein's longtime crusade to devalidate anyone who wants to qualify their thoughts with "so yeah i was at the game and....."

so yeah tl;dr (the antithesis of me --- aka my autobiography title) basically adam hog is likely chippy because he gets inundated with countless tweets asking him things like "who the fuck are you and why should [we] listen to you?" and quite honestly, he doesn't have a good answer so basically all he's left to do is clutch his "professional" status as the be-all/end-all means of being right by default, even tho we're all operating with the same exact input/information and the only difference between us is that he gets some modest checks from CBS/Radio, Inc. for his troubles while we get slagged off to hell and back because we have the audacity to question the unequivocal righteousness that is the thoughts and FACTS (not opinions) of old-media-tapped luminaries like matt abbatacola and adam "high on the" HOG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 am 

and btw, even if within a year or two i end up being the most straightlaced/straightforward "career oriented" guy with a resume that actually helps his cause (for once), i swear to god that i'm never gonna have a goddamn linkedin account. it's just downright creepy in an exhibitionist sense that people are willing to put the entirety of their life's details out there on these "social media" sites; it's almost as if there was some sort of a conspiracy to put the private investigator profession out of business cuz really, who needs to pay someone $50+/hr to dig up the details on someone's life when they're voluntarily putting all of their business out there au gratis so alls you need is a phone # to pay one of those sevices to ping a few times, figure out which location is their home/work, and boom congrats you've found them!

yeah when i was like ~20-25 it seemed like a good idea to put out all of my info like "OMFG IM SO MUCH COOLER THAN ALL YOU ZOMBIES I'M FINNA LET YOU KNOW" but now that i've accumulated a few years of perspective under my belt.... holy shit wtf is wrong with people?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
LinkedIn is a pretty valuable resource.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:16 am 

LinkedIn is Facebook without a soul, if there can be such a thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
LinkedIn is Facebook without a soul, if there can be such a thing.

Stop bumetizing everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
man, where the fuck did adam hoge come from? clearly he was hired to be some sort of an "expert" or "authority" as opposed to another "reporter" or "columnist" because they literally had russ mitera record a big-voiced 30sec intro like we're having a signature segment every time he's on.

He was an intern/producer/promotions buttmonkey who ascended to beat reporter because he graduated from a Big Ten j-school, which in the world of WSCR is basically an Ivy. You know how when they do the rollcall for a Who Needs Two remote and there are all those extra names besides the two producers? He was one of those. Now he is not. Baldy McGrindy Brendan McCaffrey did kind of the same thing, but with Mizzou, which means he only topped out at the Score's always-hilarious bullshit sinecure of "sports director." Anyway, he's actually probably pretty good at covering the Bears for the Score by sheer dint of not being Zaidman or Leery.

That said, doing that whole produced intro for him is practically self-parody. Remember back when these things were never more complicated than just playing a generic techno beat to signal a Bears report? it was all DUH-DUH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DUH-DUH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH and that was it. Didn't have to call up Big Voice Guy or anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 am 

This guy seems like WGN's version of Adam Hoge:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jordan-bern ... =pub-pbmap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
That said, doing that whole produced intro for him is practically self-parody. Remember back when these things were never more complicated than just playing a generic techno beat to signal a Bears report? it was all DUH-DUH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DUH-DUH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH-DAH and that was it. Didn't have to call up Big Voice Guy or anything.

yeah i miss those old loho/double-Z techno-introduced bears reports, especially cuz i always thought laurence was their best bears beat reporter (4 broken stories notwithstanding.) but then ZZ got the sideline gig, laurence emerged from his producing/reporting cocoon as SHAKE THAT and now adam hoge can't even do a daily bears report because he's gotta bookend the week with his russ-mitera-heralded OFFICIAL SEGMENT.

surely most people here remember when the HOGer (RIP) took umbrage at being bumped for martellus bennett....you could clearly tell by his rather dry sardonic sniping that he was seriously miffed that HIS RIGHTFUL 5:30 SEGMENT was bumped, and it was "a thing" for a week or two thanks to abbatacola/bernstein sniping back at him showcasing some thinly veiled politicking.

naturally, since that first week of "the martellus bennett show" adam hoge has never bumped, let alone delayed. furthermore you'll notice that there's nary a joke at his expense from bernstein/abbatacola since that martellus incident. methinks management had to have a "come to moses" meeting with them to let them know that since adam HOG is a bigtime expert/reporter/website-columnist he's not fair game to be picked on like rongey and the update guys; so you'll show the HOGer some respect and you'll like it because he's the score's resident expert; john hodgman and his kitschy mustache be damned!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sinicalypse wrote:
naturally, since that first week of "the martellus bennett show" adam hoge has never bumped, let alone delayed. furthermore you'll notice that there's nary a joke at his expense from bernstein/abbatacola since that martellus incident. methinks management had to have a "come to moses" meeting with them to let them know that since adam HOG is a bigtime expert/reporter/website-columnist he's not fair game to be picked on like rongey and the update guys; so you'll show the HOGer some respect and you'll like it because he's the score's resident expert; john hodgman and his kitschy mustache be damned!

St. Ignatius grad has some clout over by dere!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
surely most people here remember when the HOGer (RIP) took umbrage at being bumped for martellus bennett....you could clearly tell by his rather dry sardonic sniping that he was seriously miffed that HIS RIGHTFUL 5:30 SEGMENT was bumped, and it was "a thing" for a week or two thanks to abbatacola/bernstein sniping back at him showcasing some thinly veiled politicking.

:lol: I don't remember that. Arrogant little fuckstain isnt he?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:25 am 

The other one I like is the big produced intro for a dude on infamous content mill Bleacher Report.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:

St. Ignatius grad has some clout over by dere!

I knew there was something I liked about the guy!

I promise you our paths either have or will cross. Does anyone have a message for Adam?

One degree of separation between us on LinkedIn. Dare I offer my friendship?

Last edited by good dolphin on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.