It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:50 am 

spmack wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Even his twitter picture has a condescending look. :lol:

I've always hated his picture. Just bugs me.

Isn't he another Wisconsin snob? You're one of the few Badgers around here that doesn't seem full of himself, although BRick may disagree.
I like Bucky Chris more than anyone I've ever met from Wisconsin or who has ever been in Wisconsin for more than 3 consecutive days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
spmack wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Even his twitter picture has a condescending look. :lol:

I've always hated his picture. Just bugs me.

Isn't he another Wisconsin snob? You're one of the few Badgers around here that doesn't seem full of himself, although BRick may disagree.
I like Bucky Chris more than anyone I've ever met from Wisconsin or who has ever been in Wisconsin for more than 3 consecutive days.

Im sure Orton spent a few drunken weekends in Wisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:36 am 

BTW, the only thing worse than a Bernstein clone is a self aware Bernstein clone like Hoge who is openly patterning himself after the original.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
This is how, IMO, SportsCenter was ruined. Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann were funny, became popular and the FotS, and all of the other hosts tried to emulate them. Unfortunately, most of them were not funny and SC became unwatchable as these buffoons tried to incorporate their Zanies act into SC.

WSCR has gaggle of Bernstein wannabes running around vying for airtime and it's hurting the station.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I suspect a Score intern wrote WSCR's wikipedia page when I come across lines like

Quote:
Weekends constitute of local shows by Mike Esposito, Steve Rosenbloom and Mark Grote, Ben Finfer, Wayne Randazzo, Matt Rodewald, and "White Sox Weekly" with Chris Rongey, as well as syndicated shows from CBS Sports Radio.

"Weekends constitute of" is like textbook Scoreinternese.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Curious Hair wrote:
The other one I like is the big produced intro for a dude on infamous content mill Bleacher Report.

That's great for the way it lays bare the Dan's claims to Thinking Fan's Radio, but for pure hilarity, nothing will ever top BIGGS TIME.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Curious Hair wrote:
"Weekends constitute of" is like textbook Scoreinternese.

It sounds like a drinkyism to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
The other one I like is the big produced intro for a dude on infamous content mill Bleacher Report.

That's great for the way it lays bare the Dan's claims to Thinking Fan's Radio, but for pure hilarity, nothing will ever top BIGGS TIME.

his name is brad biggs!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:04 pm 

BRAD BIGGS TALKS FOOTBALL WITH YOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I used to like the Danimal intro song.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
My favorite is the Hub-stitute song for Arkush. "Maybe he will say George Teague...."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 pm 

Bernstein Jr, for real.

Quote:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 11m
The BCS Film Room is like what @TimDoyle00 and I did for CBS Local during the NCAA Tourny 2 yrs ago. Except a lot better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spmack wrote:
Bernstein Jr, for real.

Quote:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 11m
The BCS Film Room is like what @TimDoyle00 and I did for CBS Local during the NCAA Tourny 2 yrs ago. Except a lot better.

Hoge also invented da black guy and da white guy talking to each other.

It's the next golden age of The Score.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
spmack wrote:
Bernstein Jr, for real.

Quote:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 11m

Hoge also invented da black guy and da white guy talking to each other.

It's the next golden age of The Score.

I'm trying to find the tweet but Bernstein said something similar a few months back about a show that he Seth Davis did together at Duke back in the day that was better than what was being shown at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:20 pm 

You weren't kidding about the profile picture.

"Bitch, please. I'm Adam Hog. I broke the Gary From Evanston story."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
naturally, since that first week of "the martellus bennett show" adam hoge has never bumped, let alone delayed. furthermore you'll notice that there's nary a joke at his expense from bernstein/abbatacola since that martellus incident. methinks management had to have a "come to moses" meeting with them to let them know that since adam HOG is a bigtime expert/reporter/website-columnist he's not fair game to be picked on like rongey and the update guys; so you'll show the HOGer some respect and you'll like it because he's the score's resident expert; john hodgman and his kitschy mustache be damned!

St. Ignatius grad has some clout over by dere!

I knew there was something I liked about the guy!

I promise you our paths either have or will cross. Does anyone have a message for Adam?

One degree of separation between us on LinkedIn. Dare I offer my friendship?

Tell him congrats on working for Shadow Traffic for a little more than minimum wage and no health benefits.

That Ignatius "education" wins again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 am 

So is that why he's so cocky? St. Ignatius and Wisconsin degree, so after years of getting coffee, he's finally gotten his break?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:24 am 

spmack wrote:
So is that why he's so cocky? St. Ignatius and Wisconsin degree, so after years of getting coffee, he's finally gotten his break?

An Ignatius degree doesn't make you cocky. It's the realization that you are better than everyone else that makes you cocky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
You weren't kidding about the profile picture.

"Bitch, please. I'm Adam Hog. I broke the Gary From Evanston story."

Good call on this one, Spmack. Check it out, Hoge literally took that condescending, disgusted, "know it all" look from Bernstein. Bet you he practiced that look in the mirror before showing it to Chicago world on that Comcast show.

It really is the exact same look. :lol:

Last edited by Beardown on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
The worst part is that he personally chose to use that picture as his avatar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
He looks like a grown man. I thought he was 14-15 years old.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:39 am 

Bucky Chris wrote:
The worst part is that he personally chose to use that picture as his avatar.

Right. As I said. Self Aware Bernstein Clone.

Disgraceful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Tell him congrats on working for Shadow Traffic for a little more than minimum wage and no health benefits.

That Ignatius "education" wins again.

CBS even has its beat reporters subcontracted through Shadow? Zim, you've done it again

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
spmack wrote:

An Ignatius degree doesn't make you cocky. It's the realization that you are better than everyone else that makes you cocky.

It's the realization that being a cock is easier than telling mommy and daddy that all that cash they spent on your "education" could well have been flushed down a toilet instead and picked out of the sanitary district by employees on the politically connected Cook County payroll making more money then you do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 am 
1000 CLUB

I've said it before. They all look at Bernstein and admire him. They see his success and think his way is how you make the big radio bucks. Be that cocky, condescending, douche bag.

Adam Harris, Joe O, Connor, Hoge have all gone this route. Drinky and Goff before them, of course. Even Finfer, despite being one of Mac's, has adopted this approach as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I wonder if those young guys grow more and more resentful of Boers hanging on, contributing nothing day in and day out, and delaying their opportunity for their big break? Not that any of them would challenge Dan more that Terry does, but they have to be wondering when that clueless, incoherent, monkey-faced dolt is going to retire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
I wonder if those young guys grow more and more resentful of Boers hanging on, contributing nothing day in and day out, and delaying their opportunity for their big break? Not that any of them would challenge Dan more that Terry does, but they have to be wondering when that clueless, incoherent, monkey-faced dolt is going to retire.

If Boers retiring means we are gonna hear more Hoge, Leery, and drinky, then I hope he stays on-air until he's 95 years old.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

Sure. They wonder about that. But the producers also have to come to the realization that they are stupid too. That even if Terry goes away, it's more than likely not gonna be one of them that get a full time show. Look at drinky. He thought he was gonna get a show 5 years ago. Never happened.

And Zimmerman reaching out to David Kaplan should tell all of them that none of them have "next". Should tell them that none of them are really held in high regard by Score management.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Beardown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Sure. They wonder about that. But the producers also have to come to the realization that they are stupid too. That even if Terry goes away, it's more than likely not gonna be one of them that get a full time show. Look at drinky. He thought he was gonna get a show 5 years ago. Never happened.

And Zimmerman reaching out to David Kaplan should tell all of them that none of them have "next". Should tell them that none of them are really held in high regard by Score management.

You are actually right once in a while Beardown.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Tad Queasy wrote:
This is how, IMO, SportsCenter was ruined. Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann were funny, became popular and the FotS, and all of the other hosts tried to emulate them. Unfortunately, most of them were not funny and SC became unwatchable as these buffoons tried to incorporate their Zanies act into SC.

WSCR has gaggle of Bernstein wannabes running around vying for airtime and it's hurting the station.

This.

I used to like listening to some of the fill-in hosts. Now, except for those from the Mac tree, they are just Bernsie wannabes who aren't as smart or funny as him. Makes for bad radio that I turn off immediately.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next