It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I keep forgetting that Beardown is on the East Coast now.

My apologies if you're a Yalie now. But, if so, say "Hi" to my brother.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
"Only punch down" is kind of Dan's guiding principle in life, when you think about it.

Truer words have never been posted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Berns would do it if he were white. too touchy to challenge a black guy on something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I guess my point is, if you got accepted to Yale, it would mean that you can certainly get a full ride scholarship to many schools better than friggin' DePaul. That's what I'm saying. That why it has to be a lie.

Maybe he got a full-ride to DePaul.

I think you're overestimating the value of a Yale acceptance. I don't think it certainly means full-ride scholarships all over the globe.

No. You're underestimating it. Especially with him being a minority. A minority student that got accepted to Yale, would have certainly have had more than a few top 40 academic schools offering him a full ride scholarship. Yet he chooses De Paul? No. That doesn't add up. This has to be another lie from the Score's pathological liar.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
He certainly would have had scholarship offers, which he admitted and was why he said he went to DePaul.

I just don't think top 40 full-rides are as prevalent as you believe. But, you would know better than I so I'll defer to your expertise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think the odds are higher of getting accepted to NASA's astronaut program than getting into Yale.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:47 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I guess my point is, if you got accepted to Yale, it would mean that you can certainly get a full ride scholarship to many schools better than friggin' DePaul. That's what I'm saying. That why it has to be a lie.

Maybe he got a full-ride to DePaul.

I think you're overestimating the value of a Yale acceptance. I don't think it certainly means full-ride scholarships all over the globe.

No. You're underestimating it. Especially with him being a minority. A minority student that got accepted to Yale, would have certainly have had more than a few top 40 academic schools offering him a full ride scholarship. Yet he chooses De Paul? No. That doesn't add up. This has to be another lie from the Score's pathological liar.

The Mommy Factor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:48 pm 

Dr. Ken humblebragging all over this thread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Dr. Ken humblebragging all over this thread

:lol: I was hoping somebody would notice. Jeez. LoHo's got nothing on me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
He's definitely not dumb, but I dont know many Got into Yale, decided on DePaul people

Sounds like a lie. Could be true.

Some people apply to places because they want to even though they know they can't afford it.

I applied to Notre Dame but I knew I'd never go there. I just wanted to see if I could get in.

but Notre Dame and Illinois are pretty similar academically depending on the school. De Paul isn't the Yale of anything. His parents are educators. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have realized the golden ticket he had been given.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I think the odds are higher of getting accepted to NASA's astronaut program than getting into Yale.

and at H-F there is a pretty good chance he was not the only applicant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's also a "Consider the source" thing.

If this were true, he would have certainly mentioned this before. And somebody here would have heard it. And I don't recall it ever being posted here. Cuz many here would have ridiculed it.

Like I said, he got tired of repeating the old lies, so it's now time to make up more shit.

Before Larry dies, he is literally gonna lie his way to a life similar to Forrest Gump's. There is no doubt in my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm 

Beardown makes a cromulant point about Laurence never mentioning it before

zeeeaaro chance he goes 15 years without mentioning that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

10 years from now...

Larry: Ya know, I was on Seal Team 6 that killed Bin Laden.

Herb: Really? But weren't you working here at that time?

Larry: I know Herbie. You know how I always tell you guys I go to Arizona by myself?

Herb: Yeah.

Larry: Well, not that week. I was in Abbottabad, Pakistan. Baby!!!!

Herb: Wow!!!! Tell us more!!!! Tell us more!!!!!

Larry: It was a clear black night, a clear white moon. Larry H was in the sky, trying to consume a terrorist for the eve, so I can get some funk just rollin in my Black Hawk, chillin all along.

Herb: :shock:

Joe O.: Then what happened, dude? (Rolls his eyes out of view from Larry)

Larry: My Black Hawk went down. Plan blown. But we, like, still made it in the compound. I saw him first. Saw the Beard. I yelled, "By Cracky", cuz I was like thinking of Uncle Teary at the time. Then I yelled Geronimo cuz that was like our actual code word for him. Then I shot him. We then threw him in the ocean and I came back home. Most people would have been really, really sceared. But not me. I was like, this ain't nothin' dog!!!! Baby!!!!

Herb: Wow, man. That's cool. You're an American hero.

Joe: Yeah, dude. Awesome. :roll:

Larry: I don't like to brag about it much. Ya know. I was just doin' my job.

(2 minutes after Larry tells the story Doc posts on CSFMB)

Doc: Hey everybody, Larry said he killed Bin Laden. I believe him

Beardown: I don't.

Doc: Well I guess you know more about killing terrorists than I do. So I'll just defer to your expertise, bitch!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I think I may have mentioned on here that my ex gf's brother plays for Yale. Good player, too. I'm hoping they can at least make the tourney one time while he's there, but Harvard is a beast in the Ivy League.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:

Because I actually remember a time where Larry was talking to Bernstein about the colleges they applied to. Remember Larry saying Michigan was one of them. Remember Bernstein making a crack that Michigan is a "fall back" school for people who couldn't get accepted to the better schools. Remember Larry saying something like "That's not true, Dan."

So are you telling me Larry would not want to impress his idol, Dan Benrnstein, by telling him that he got accepted to Yale. That something like that would slip Larry's mind in this conversation? No way. If this really happened he sure as hell would have told Dan.

Here's the thing. He couldn't tell such a lie to Bernstein cuz Bernstein would know it was bullshit, challenge Larry, make Larry admit that he lied and have Larry crying and begging Dan to forgive him. Or Larry would worm out by saying "Well, I was told I would have been accepted had I applied, I just never did cuz I knew my parents couldn't afford it. That's what I meant, Dan."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Got accepted to Yale...in case anyone wondered.

I left the radio on when I went out

Walked in to hear "My junior year at Yale, well my junior year at HF when Yale visited "

Now, I didn't hear the show, but here's what I think happened. He misspoke as RPB told us. He was simply gonna tell a story about Yale visiting his school. After his misspeak, he kind of liked the sound of him saying he went to Yale, so it just hit him to say "I got accepted to Yale". What the hell? It's just fuckin' Joe and Herb in the room. They ain't gonna challenge him.

I think that's a trait of compulsive liars. Lies just come to them and they just say them.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=compulsive%20liar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Because I actually remember a time where Larry was talking to Bernstein about the colleges they applied to. Remember Larry saying Michigan was one of them. Remember Bernstein making a crack that Michigan is a "fall back" school for people who couldn't get accepted to the better schools. Remember Larry saying something like "That's not true, Dan."

So are you telling me Larry would not want to impress his idol, Dan Benrnstein, by telling him that he got accepted to Yale. That something like that would slip Larry's mind in this conversation? No way. If this really happened he sure as hell would have told Dan.

Here's the thing. He couldn't tell such a lie to Bernstein cuz Bernstein would know it was bullshit, challenge Larry, make Larry admit that he lied and have Larry crying and begging Dan to forgive him. Or Larry would worm out by saying "Well, I was told I would have been accepted had I applied, I just never did cuz I knew my parents couldn't afford it. That's what I meant, Dan."

I remember that conversation too. And bernstein was correct. For Jewish kids on the North Shore or in New York who can't get into an Ivy, Michigan is definitely the fallback of choice. In the conversation I think dan mentioned he got into Cornell and said it was about equal to Duke. Whatever, his whole family went to Cornell so he was probably going to get some leeway there even if he was a little short of the basic standards. Yale is another story. I think if either of them had been accepted at Yale it would have been mentioned. Larry certainly wasn't going to tell that lie to bernstein when bernstein was right there and knew he couldn't get into Yale himself.

As for getting into Yale and not going, some people do that, as big a mistake as it might be. I have a friend whose kid was just short of being Valedictorian at Northside Prep. She was accepted at Yale and certainly could have gotten scholarships as she was a minority student. Her mom thought New Haven was too far away. She ended up going to a small Midwestern school that I wouldn't consider rigorous academically. She has a good job now, but a girl that smart is supposed to do bigger things.

Another one of my friends has a kid who will be starting high school at Phillips Andover in the fall. The kid is really smart. If he can make it through four years at that place without fucking up, he can write his ticket. I was talking to his mother about where he might go to college and she said Yale and Harvard are too expensive. He'll do fine at UMass. I told her that if he does well enough to make it into a top Ivy, you find the damn money. More than the education, the connections you can make at a place like that will set you up forever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 am 

I keep forgetting that Beardown is on the East Coast now.

My apologies if you're a Yalie now. But, if so, say "Hi" to my brother.

Very nicely done. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:42 am 

Did I ever tell you guys how I was offered a spot on The Apprentice ?

Timing wasn't right

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I remember that conversation too. And bernstein was correct. For Jewish kids on the North Shore or in New York who can't get into an Ivy, Michigan is definitely the fallback of choice. In the conversation I think dan mentioned he got into Cornell and said it was about equal to Duke. Whatever, his whole family went to Cornell so he was probably going to get some leeway there even if he was a little short of the basic standards. Yale is another story. I think if either of them had been accepted at Yale it would have been mentioned. Larry certainly wasn't going to tell that lie to bernstein when bernstein was right there and knew he couldn't get into Yale himself.

As for getting into Yale and not going, some people do that, as big a mistake as it might be. I have a friend whose kid was just short of being Valedictorian at Northside Prep. She was accepted at Yale and certainly could have gotten scholarships as she was a minority student. Her mom thought New Haven was too far away. She ended up going to a small Midwestern school that I wouldn't consider rigorous academically. She has a good job now, but a girl that smart is supposed to do bigger things.

Another one of my friends has a kid who will be starting high school at Phillips Andover in the fall. The kid is really smart. If he can make it through four years at that place without fucking up, he can write his ticket. I was talking to his mother about where he might go to college and she said Yale and Harvard are too expensive. He'll do fine at UMass. I told her that if he does well enough to make it into a top Ivy, you find the damn money. More than the education, the connections you can make at a place like that will set you up forever.

And they are not as expensive as one might think.

A good friend of mine has two kids at Dartmouth The total bill is 18K annually between the two of them. Ivy League schools have massive endowments.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Beardown wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

And they are not as expensive as one might think.

A good friend of mine has two kids at Dartmouth The total bill is 18K annually between the two of them. Ivy League schools have massive endowments.

He's talking REAL Ivy League schools, not the University of Minnesota of Ivy Leagues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:03 pm 
Colonel Angus wrote:
He's talking REAL Ivy League schools, not the University of Minnesota of Ivy Leagues.

I thought that was Penn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Baby McNown wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

I thought that was Penn.

Mark Damn Caro. That's a real ass writer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry's philosophy. A philosophy not taught at Yale.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Larry's philosophy. A philosophy not taught at Yale.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lying Larry, works nghts and turned down Yale. Yep, that makes sense for the comic book maven. He truly is a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:53 pm 

spmack wrote:
I think I may have mentioned on here that my ex gf's brother plays for Yale. Good player, too. I'm hoping they can at least make the tourney one time while he's there, but Harvard is a beast in the Ivy League.

Of course, I posted this yesterday without knowing that Yale was playing Harvard tonight.....and Yale beat them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:04 pm 

spmack wrote:

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am for you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
spmack wrote:

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am for you

:lol: I hate you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hearing Leary talk about the Micheal Sam story was awkward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next