It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ask mitch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Well mac had encouraged this but no one did it so whisky tango foxtrot I'll give her a go.
Mitch, we have noticed that Kerry Sayers updates are consistently poor. There is a lot of stumbling and bumbling and mush and it makes updates difficult to listen to. Have you noticed this? Is there a speech class she can take?

Second... I find the Bob's movie reviews segment to be in disturbingly bad taste. You have someone calling in who seems to have, shall we say, challenges... and the two beacons of justice and ethical righteousness make fun of and tease a man who does not appear to be all there. I think you will find by reading up on a few threads here dedicated to this topic that many B&B fans find it mean spirited and distasteful. We would love to hear your opinion.

Thanks.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject: Re: ask mitch
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
We already did this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:26 am 

Did we? I saw mac suggest it after declining to answer some questions.
Did we ever get an answer?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:30 am 

biggie asked us for questions. he was gonna give them to mitch. I think biggie forwarded them. never got a response.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:31 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
biggie asked us for questions. he was gonna give them to mitch. I think biggie forwarded them. never got a response.

Well fuck here's a new attempt at it. Mac said he'd encourage Mitch so let's see how he does.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mitch,
Im socially awkward, unfunny, inarticulate, and by all accounts hard to look at. I think Id be a perfect update guy. Any openings?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 am 

mitch, what is your view of the suburbs?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
For God's sake,Mitch (Kevin Hart says a man that is a bitch is a "Mitch")..

BRING BACK MIKE NORTH,CHET COPPOCK,MIKE MURPHY AND OH YEAH,BILL FRINK!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am 

Update People: Is it a WSCR tradition/indifference to have second rate update people. Someones can't write, or read, or speak, or a combination of the above?

Bob from Niles and other elderly who are mocked: I would like to believe that the karmic retribution will be an overwhelming bitch for all who sit by or engage in this. Suffice to say it puts those involved (hosts and passive management) in the worst of light, is there nothing you can do to bring this needless element to an end?

Boers' work ethic: Listeners can tell the difference when he does a show from home, how many times a week should we expect this so we can adjust our listening schedules accordingly?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:56 am 

why keep hiring buffoons instead of people from respected journalism schools?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:57 am 

Why are cats so horrible?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hatchetman wrote:

What the Score needs is a couple of "regular Joe" types.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Scorehead wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

What the Score needs is a couple of "regular Joe" types.

for the alleged intelligence some of these people have , it might be displayed in great spelling and proper grammar, which would be great if this was a daily essay contest, but none of it comes through in the ability to entertain.

All that said. The HOGER wasnt bad at all. I see some promise there. Which means ESPN will sign him because Leary needs his night show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are cats so horrible?

:lol: :lol:

Best question ever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mitch,

Everyone agrees that Laurence Holmes is the greatest talent of our generation. Why is he so underutilized?

I may be wrong but I believe billboards have been invented. Please use this new technology to promote the advancement of mankind through the Word of Laurence Holmes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Everyone, huh? Or perhaps not...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Darkside wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Well fuck here's a new attempt at it. Mac said he'd encourage Mitch so let's see how he does.

I'll drop him an email as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:57 am 

Are you jewish?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
MITCH- what leverage does Larry have on you? How can this turd stay employed while being so god damn awful @ his job.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:54 pm 

Hatchetman, you overvalue a school's reputation. I understand your point, but just because a degree says "Syracuse" or "Northwestern" or "Notre Dame" doesn't ensure anything. Experience is the best teacher in the radio biz. I would favor somebody from one of those "prestigious" schools if all else were equal, but if a dude/woman spent four years just filling a chair with their ass and not getting practical experience at the campus radio station and/or newspaper, I wouldn't give them any advantage over somebody from a "lesser" school. I know you asked Mitch and not me, but my blood gets up on this topic. Perhaps it's my insecurity over being a "state school educated" man. I'd match my Ball State experience (at about $17K a year) with any of these so-called meccas of journalism/broadcasting departments. Finally, BSU is being recognized nationally for its excellence in both.

HEY MEN!!! I'm going to implore Mitch to do this, but so far I don't have much of a reason. Soon as we get to double digits with LEGIT programming questions, I'll lead him to the keyboard. And I'll get him to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Agreed with Mr. Bovifs.

What purpose does a Mike Mulligan serve once the Super Bowl is over?

Why do you allow radio hosts to come to work unprepared? Guys saying things like "I hate basketball,hockey,etc." What exactly is the job of a "sports host" on YOUR station??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Mitch, Could you ask Jerry for permission to have some more Cub talk. Really Smart Guys talking about the owner and the city and the general manager dont count. I want some Murph-like Cub talk. Will you also tell whichever hosts are allowed to talk about the Cubs and specifically their prospects that they should get a hold of AA broadcaster Mick Gillespie to get some reports throughout the season on how the kids are doing down in AA?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mac wrote:
Hatchetman, you overvalue a school's reputation. I understand your point, but just because a degree says "Syracuse" or "Northwestern" or "Notre Dame" doesn't ensure anything. Experience is the best teacher in the radio biz. I would favor somebody from one of those "prestigious" schools if all else were equal, but if a dude/woman spent four years just filling a chair with their ass and not getting practical experience at the campus radio station and/or newspaper, I wouldn't give them any advantage over somebody from a "lesser" school. I know you asked Mitch and not me, but my blood gets up on this topic. Perhaps it's my insecurity over being a "state school educated" man. I'd match my Ball State experience (at about $17K a year) with any of these so-called meccas of journalism/broadcasting departments. Finally, BSU is being recognized nationally for its excellence in both.

HEY MEN!!! I'm going to implore Mitch to do this, but so far I don't have much of a reason. Soon as we get to double digits with LEGIT programming questions, I'll lead him to the keyboard. And I'll get him to do it.

Don't be so sensitive, Mac. Ball State doesn't have to take a backseat as a journalism school to anyplace. Sam Smith went there, didn't he?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chunga, do you honestly believe that thee best way to go about offering the next on air position was thru a hackneyed 2 bit "talent search" and then essentially hang those people out to dry with a grieve yard Saturday night shift that no one listens to? Did you hire 10 ft Mental midget because you were sick of JimmyJohns?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
1. I understand because of language that WSCR can't broadcast roasts. But why doesn't WSCR offer a podcast of the roasts? I'd be willing to pay $.99 or $1.99 to listen. That's easy money.

2. How do you evaluate "young" hosts such a Finji, McKnight, Ostrowski, Shep etc. Why not let these young hosts fill in when a Hanley, Mulligan, Mac, Dan, or Boers are out? I understand a Mulligan feels more comfortable with Haugh, Spiegs with Roz, Bernsy with Roz/Rosen but they aren't the future of 'SCR and no one needs to hear Haugh's thoughts once Bears season is over.

2. Wayne Randazzo is a great talent. He should be on the air more to talk baseball.

3. Why have you decided to make Dan Bernstein the face of the radio station? B&B are the lowest rated of the 3 major shows and him and Boers were never able to beat Mac in ratings when he was at ESPN.

4. Will you be having another NFL Draft roundtable like in 2013 with Bowen, Laurence, Mulligan and Hub I want to say. That was a very good show.

5. DePaul basketball. Make it stop. I'd rather listen to Score values. They deserve to irrelevant on 560 or something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 am 

Mac wrote:

I dont think people care about Mitch. Get Bernstein, Terry, or Laurence to answer questions

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am 

Mac wrote:

On second thought, I agree with what you said earlier Mac. The lack of legit questions in a "Ask _______" segment is a problem. So I'll go with the PTFB option with a greater frequency.

Chicago can't get a third sports station soon enough, listeners deserve better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am 

mitch, if Mac is not a full time host any longer what are your plans for the mid day show?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Mitch, why?

He jumps on two shows to say stupid and unfunny stuff. Always pissy. Loves to join Bernstein to rip on others at the station when he's the station's true idiot. You bill yourself as "The smart station". If so, you can't have drinky speak on the air. Will you please tell him to shut up? For the love of God, Mitch, he makes fart noises to make Ranger laugh during updates. This was really once your "Rising star". :lol:

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 pm 

I guess my point is hire some people who are trained journalists, or at least have an idea of what it means to be a reporter, rather than people who have been trained to turn knobs and dials.

You have three main jobs IMO:

1. Radio personalities: the guys paid to entertain me. I don't care what their background is, just entertain me. Dahl/North/Stern types. Preferably not radio exclusively.
2. Producers/engineers/whatever: guys that make things work behind the scene. There is no reason really ever to hear these guys. That is not their job
3. Reporters/Journalists: guys that generate interesting information. pretty self-explanatory.

Problem is when you get people moving around from one job category to another. most of the time they suck at it!!

Mac, you are the exception! Moved from producer to personality. Who else ever really succeeded at this?

Last edited by Hatchetman on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.