It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Ironically, yesterday I gave thought to creating one, but I really dont feel its a real show. At least anything more than Bears access, Hubs show, Connor, DePaul Basketball...and when you add that in with vacations, I feel its a time filler of a show. They gave him a show so he can say "MY SHOW" like its part of the regular rotation, but it isnt.

I really dont listen, so I cant even say I hate the show, but often enough, there are other shows or events on such as Illini hoop, Sox games, etc. so I just dont think it has enough air time on a regular basis.

So, thats the reason I dont have a section for Lawrence (See, i used his full name) it isnt because he was a Dick to me. Hood was a dick to me, but I still think he is a good radio guy, even if he is a dick . I still would love to see Hood back at WSCR for his evening show.

They forgave Doug for joining forces with EVIL (North), and Doug was really entrenched with Bebe as his agent! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 pm 

Laurence probably ranks 4th behind Bernstein, Mac and Spiegel on how much people talk about him on here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
He's probably ahead of Spiegel.

Laurence is on the air year-round in some capacity. Usually he's filling in on other shows when his show is preempted.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Laurence probably ranks 4th behind Bernstein, Mac and Spiegel on how much people talk about him on here.

So are Ike and baby mac....neither getting his own section

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:09 pm 

Fine with me. Laurence will continue to dominate at least three (3) sections on the board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Yeah, it's more entertaining to see what section LoHo will take over next.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:17 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Fine with me. Laurence will continue to dominate at least three (3) sections on the board

DBOTW domination can be seen as an achievement I guess...

Which Bar will leary by creeping at tonight?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:25 pm 

bigfan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

DBOTW domination can be seen as an achievement I guess...

Which Bar will leary by creeping at tonight?

Dont you remember when Laurence correctly criticized Harry for attempting to buy him a shot?

He doesnt drink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 pm 

I dont, but I am sure it happened.

Doesnt everyone know leary doesnt drink! (I didnt )...and Leary wonders why Ranger and drinky wont hang with him?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
He could have perfectly good reasons for not drinking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:29 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Absolutely

And Harry should have known that he doesnt drink and is a total clown for attempting to buy him a shot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:36 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I dont think anyone is questioning whether he has a good reason or not.....

the question is, did Harry know it and offer to buy him the drink as an insult. I will so NO, not even close to it.

Is leary so full of himself that he actually thinks people know if he drinks or not?

Going up to Mac after a well publicized rehab stint and asking if he wants a drink, that might be a shot.

I just dont listen to Leary enough, but I could see him being one of those DB's who loves telling people he doesnt drink and someone he gets his jollys naturally and doesnt need liquor.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:47 pm 

bigfan wrote:
I could see him being one of those DB's who loves telling people he doesnt drink and someone he gets his jollys naturally and doesnt need liquor.

You would think that this would be the kind of remark that 100% of us around here could agree with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i thought laurence doesn't drink because it very possibly could cause him to "hulk out" and "go street" aka "heel turn" on some unwitting victims, and therefore those drunken-beast stories are best kept filed under the "tales of new years eve parties past" category that surely we've all heard him reference at some point along the way?

well that's the layman's view anyways.... once again i can cosign the sentimentality of biggie's thoughts on why no LoHo section.... indeed he comes off as the utility infielder of the score, able to fill in at a moment's notice for any of the shows (except for the morning show, so it seems, since laurence doesn't do mornings as he needs to recharge his lantern ring after last night's debauchery. plus there's that whole thing where M&H tend to show up for work, and when they don't they've got "their people" as opposed to letting the rest of the score come in and homogenize the morning show into something that's more like the rest of the day)

AHEM. but yeah laurence is just.... transcendental. that's why he has the people's show that's home of the people's hour COLON we do what we want (read: we talk to "hard bake" and do whatever laurence wants, cuz his wants and whims are those of THE PEOPLE cuz he's the man with his fingers on THE PULSE of the chicago sports/talk scene) and ummm..... i mean.... idk how to categorize it. the fact that laurence's shows started out as "the me and z show" and then became "the me show" before it just became a more generic "bitches and bongs with laurence w. holmes" title tells you something.....moreso than other hosts on the station he sees his show as a direct extension of HIM as he's injecting his unique personality into the 50kw transmitter, giving ~40% of the nation much-needed thoughts on which new tv show chicks he'd give the D to, and of course those titillating teases about which foxy weatherwoman has given him his phone number. DOWN BOY! HEEL...... although not actual "heel" cuz as i touched on earlier, the world ain't ready for the black lantern corps to rise up on a righteous quest to end all life in the universe because death >>>>>>> life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
My friends and I were talking about not drinking and how abnormal it is to NEVER drink. If you are at a function and telling people you dont drink the only valid reasons we could come up with are:

Recovering alcoholic
Religion
Severe death allergy

Everyone can have fun without drinking. I can also get from Chicago to New York by walking but taking a car or plane is way faster and easier.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:41 pm 

Well, in my case, it's a matter of preempting some serious self-harm. I have the addictive personality of addictive personalities; I can't stop consuming anything I enjoy no matter how hard I try. I eat to self-medicate until I feel better, I obsess with running it off to feel better until my quads blow up, I join message boards about Chicago sports radio and post on them dozens of times a day for seven years. Anything I do, I do too much. if I do that with alcohol, as I know I would, I'd be in a world of trouble, and I have enough trouble as it is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, in my case, it's a matter of preempting some serious self-harm. I have the addictive personality of addictive personalities; I can't stop consuming anything I enjoy no matter how hard I try. I eat to self-medicate until I feel better, I obsess with running it off to feel better until my quads blow up, I join message boards about Chicago sports radio and post on them dozens of times a day for seven years. Anything I do, I do too much. if I do that with alcohol, as I know I would, I'd be in a world of trouble, and I have enough trouble as it is.
Sounds like you are addicted to not drinking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:48 pm 

meta as fuck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 pm 

Curios Hair should be a heavy drinker like every other great writer

BigFan, when did Laurence ask you this ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:27 pm 

If you dont drink a simple "No thanks" is fine. Just dont need the backstory of how crazy it makes you, or how at one time you were crazy, or you dont need a drink to have fun.

Sir didnt ask me the question. come on, the guy is way too big for this place, even if he was welcomed here. he is well on his way to becoming the lifer of Chicago sports part time jobs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Larry doesn't drink because he's Muslim.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
By whom were you asked?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
[quote="Darkside"]By whom were you asked?[/quote

I thought it was odd that it took so long for someone to ask this?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:54 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:
By whom were you asked?[/quote

I thought it was odd that it took so long for someone to ask this?

I presume he'd never say, so it seemed a pointless question to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im far from a regular consumer of Larry's show but Ive heard a decent amount of it and I never knew he doesn't drink. Im assuming it has something to do with the Crohn's, no?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
Im far from a regular consumer of Larry's show but Ive heard a decent amount of it and I never knew he doesn't drink. Im assuming it has something to do with the Crohn's, no?

I remember years ago, in typical Laurence fashion, he made a VEARY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT on HIS show to explain why he had been out for several days (or a week, whatever it was) and he said he had taken some time off to deal with issues he was having with Crohn's disease. So, as badrougue17 said, that is likely why he does not drink alcohol.

But it doesn't stop him from fucking hot bitches, 'cause that's what a totally hetero studmuffiin like Laurence Wilberforce Holmes does. He knocks out the uterus like OKC used to knock out motherfuckers. And by that I mean never.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

But it doesn't stop him from fucking hot bitches, 'cause that's what a totally hetero studmuffiin like Laurence Wilberforce Holmes does. He knocks out the uterus like OKC used to knock out motherfuckers. And by that I mean never.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 am 

The fucking captain. Larry is the Score's Michael Scott.

A-team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am 

"This guy crapped his pants!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I assume this isn't the first time Larry asked you?