It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
jimmypasta wrote:
Nick celebrated his 100th show last night SINCE going FT. Dude was on WGN for 25 years until being awarded his own show....sad.

He's had his own show for years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Yeah, but he was only weekends/fill-in. It's only in the last few months that he's had a weekday show, though it bears mentioning that they didn't give him the full overnight, probably in fear that he would complain about Radio Shack for six hours straight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Curious Hair wrote:
Sounds like the branding for 101.1 is just going to be "101WKQX," which is kind of a mouthful and isn't even memorable.

Fuck branding. Play more of the music they've been playing over the last several weeks (minus Blink 182) and I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
immessedup17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Sounds like the branding for 101.1 is just going to be "101WKQX," which is kind of a mouthful and isn't even memorable.

Fuck branding. Play more of the music they've been playing over the last several weeks (minus Blink 182) and I'll be happy.

SCHAUMBURG HAS SPOKEN! and for once it didn't say "...yeah and you might as well supersize the fries and the coke"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
I'd like to think Schaumburg would instead order a Cheesy Beef, but I think Zippy's went out of business.

Honestly, it'd be fine if they dropped the "W" from it, but they must have thought it sounded too close to "93XRT" for comfort. Their playlist does look pretty good, though. Too much Vampire Weekend, but any is too much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, but he was only weekends/fill-in. It's only in the last few months that he's had a weekday show, though it bears mentioning that they didn't give him the full overnight, probably in fear that he would complain about Radio Shack for six hours straight.

He did just weekends, but at least that was a regular gig. He was also the go-to guy to fill in for Steve & Johnnie.

I think they worried about his content & how the farmers would react to him during the days. Outside of Kathy & Judy, they were used to vanilla. Nick has too many opinions. Some not the type "decent" folk would have. I'm thinking that's why he's buried so late @ night.

I don't think they want one host doing the whole overnight. Once Steve & Johnnie got the boot, they went w/ 2 separate overnight shows. Might have to do w/ pay, longer show = more money.