It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fall Book Ratings
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:17 am 

spadaesq1 wrote:
Dan McNeil you are extremely fortunate to still have a job after all your horrible decisions yet instead of being grateful you continue to take more time off than any other sports radio host and admit you do not watch important games (the NCAA Football National Championship for example).

For some reason Mitch Rosen continues to let you slide which isn't fair to listeners and advertisers. As you can see by the ratings when you were gone they slide. Why is that important to me. As an advertisers the more people who listen the more people hear advertisers commercials.

If you don't want to take the job seriously let someone like Chet Coppock or Chuck Swirsky take over for you and watch the ratings increase. These two take their jobs seriously unlike you and your partner Matt Spiegel who takes almost as much time off as you to sing.

OH SNAP

David throwin rocks at the throne he wishes to sit in

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:10 am 
Spada aren't you the same one who is asking us to help you beg The Game to broadcast your little side project? Are you saying that if The Game were to pick up your show that you would "quit your day job" to give the show the full attention it deserves?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 am 

spadaesq1 wrote:
If you don't want to take the job seriously let someone like Chet Coppock or Chuck Swirsky take over for you and watch the ratings increase.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Two guys who have been out of the business for about a decade.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Mac wrote:
I kinda regret that comment, PittMike. Made me sound petulant.

As for fall ratings "helping" my bargaining power... I don't know. Plausible arguments can be made on both sides of it. Doesn't matter, really. I'm going fishin' this summer and likely won't be making a decision until mid-July, a month after my deal expires. There's a part of me that wants to sit on the sidelines for a year or so... let these three stations slug it out for a bit... then see which one is most committed.

I'm gonna say that you are probably better off staying busy rather than having a lot of idle time on your hands. Right?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:
If you don't want to take the job seriously let someone like Chet Coppock or Chuck Swirsky take over for you and watch the ratings increase.

And they're still more relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:

More relevant than Spada, yes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
spadaesq1 wrote:

More relevant than Spada, yes.

That was what I meant, yes. Thank you for pointing that out; about the last thing I want is for Mac to have any reason to suspect anyone of any value thinks otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
spadaesq1 wrote:
Dan McNeil you are extremely fortunate to still have a job after all your horrible decisions yet instead of being grateful you continue to take more time off than any other sports radio host and admit you do not watch important games (the NCAA Football National Championship for example).

For some reason Mitch Rosen continues to let you slide which isn't fair to listeners and advertisers. As you can see by the ratings when you were gone they slide. Why is that important to me. As an advertisers the more people who listen the more people hear advertisers commercials.

If you don't want to take the job seriously let someone like Chet Coppock or Chuck Swirsky take over for you and watch the ratings increase. These two take their jobs seriously unlike you and your partner Matt Spiegel who takes almost as much time off as you to sing.

Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
spadaesq1 wrote:

PATRICE: You're not telling me the truth. I must have done something.

GEORGE: I have a fear of intimacy

PATRICE: Don't give me cliches. I have a right to know. What did I do wrong?

GEORGE: Nothing. It's not YOU..

PATRICE: I want the truth.

GEORGE: The truth. you want the truth? It is your earrings It is the chopsticks but it's so much more. You're pretentious. You call everyone by their full name You call my doorman, Sammy, "Samuel" but you didn't even say "Samuel" You went "Samu- EL" Papie-eh Mach-eh What is Papie-ay Mach-ay?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Swirsky mid-days? Can ratings go negative?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:47 pm 

Scorehead, you're on it. Whoever said an idle mind is the devil's workshop was correct. I've given a lot of thought to things I will do -- including recovery work -- to keep myself occupied if I take a sabbatical.

I think you guys took care of Spada for me so I'll let that one rest as is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:
I kinda regret that comment, PittMike. Made me sound petulant.

As for fall ratings "helping" my bargaining power... I don't know. Plausible arguments can be made on both sides of it. Doesn't matter, really. I'm going fishin' this summer and likely won't be making a decision until mid-July, a month after my deal expires. There's a part of me that wants to sit on the sidelines for a year or so... let these three stations slug it out for a bit... then see which one is most committed.

One, you are a petulant little ass.

LOL, you waiting a year for the 3 stations to battle over a has been, good luck. Look at your new buddy, North.

You will be in the same scrap heap. From what I heard today, you are certainly NOT high on anyone's list.
Enjoy retirement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:36 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
You will be in the same scrap heap. From what I heard today, you are certainly NOT high on anyone's list.
Enjoy retirement.
This is like the 12th time you will be wrong on this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:41 am 

I believe Chet and Swisrk have both had shows in recent years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I believe Chet and Swisrk have both had shows in recent years.

Wasn't Chet's last gig on ESPN 1000, and didn't that end sometime around 2005 or 2006? I know he did Webio, and I think he still does pre and post game for Notre Dame football, but I'm not really going to count those as a "real" gig.

Swirsky did some radio work when he was in Toronto, but I don't think he has had a show since he returned here about 6 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:32 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
One, you are a petulant little ass.

Typing while looking in the mirror again?

For all the faults and mistakes on Mac's list, he's still on 670AM from 9-1 and you're some messageboard asswipe whose only claim to fame, such as it is, is being (as you say) a petulant little ass on said messageboard.

Christ almighty, talk about a true application of the admonition, "Physician, heal thyself" ... you're it, pal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Mac wrote:
I had an ISDN line installed in the summer of 2012. Never used it. It felt like mailing it in for me. Can't do it.

When I'm at cottage, the last thing I want to do is "work." My oldest son is 23. He shares my passion for Canadian fishing. This likely will be the last summer before his first post-college job. We're going to spend a lot of time there this summer.

Secondly, musky hunting is hard, physical work. Not sure how much gas I have left in the tank for this type of fishing. It's grueling, especially for a guy with two reconstructed knees, L-4, L-5, S-1 spinal fusion, left shoulder scoped and the right one needs it. We have this retirement thing backwards. Why wait until your body won't allow you to DO ANYTHING to retire? I'm at cottage this summer. A lot.

Last edited by RIPAdamHarrison on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 am 

RIPAdamHarrison wrote:
Mac wrote:
I had an ISDN line installed in the summer of 2012. Never used it. It felt like mailing it in for me. Can't do it.

When I'm at cottage, the last thing I want to do is "work." My oldest son is 23. He shares my passion for Canadian fishing. This likely will be the last summer before his first post-college job. We're going to spend a lot of time there this summer.

Secondly, musky hunting is hard, physical work. Not sure how much gas I have left in the tank for this type of fishing. It's grueling, especially for a guy with two reconstructed knees, L-4, L-5, S-1 spinal fusion, left shoulder scoped and the right one needs it. We have this retirement thing backwards. Why wait until your body won't allow you to DO ANYTHING to retire? I'm at cottage this summer. A lot.

So you're saying Uncle Terry is mailing it in?

We all say that.