It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I'd tune in errryday.

I believe we would immediately be more interesting than any other show and better overall in a month or less

Especially when the masses find out your position on hispanics with accents :wink:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
So will McDoink find an actual personality at WGN, or is he just going to keep sighing his way through the world of sports, content that no one can understand this heady world the way blandly handsome white guys from Big Ten schools can?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It would be perfect because BRICK would talk so much that RPB wouldn't have to stop posting here during the show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
So will McDoink find an actual personality at WGN, or is he just going to keep sighing his way through the world of sports, content that no one can understand this heady world the way blandly handsome white guys from Big Ten schools can?

Wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for that. GN is where personality goes to die.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I'd tune in errryday.

I believe we would immediately be more interesting than any other show and better overall in a month or less

Especially when the masses find out your position on hispanics with accents :wink:

Oney Guillen would be a frequent guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:

Geez, so you have a thing against white people tonight?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

I'd tune in errryday.

Oney Guillen would be a frequent guest

:lol: :lol: JORR would bludgeon him to death with his business partner's Zippo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I think hell be a little less smart fanish

In the beginning he wasn't smarmy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bigfan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
The CSFMB talent puts these stations to shame. Biggie should start a station.

I would give Sini a show and he would never be able to show up.....

here since i'm feeling awfully cliche and 90s tonight i'll let this song speak for me

btw br17 or anyone else who cares.... did you know there's steel reserve 211 dark blackberry? since the original stuff tastes like what i'd assume "metal ass" tastes like, oh yeah, if i'm not gagging it's not some real malt liquor. i'll keep you informed, which is essentially my meta-commentary on this huge news about mcdoink heading over to the dark side of the force. or whatever you call getting in bed with kaplan aside form the usual "business expense"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
bigfan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
The CSFMB talent puts these stations to shame. Biggie should start a station.

I would give Sini a show and he would never be able to show up.....

here since i'm feeling awfully cliche and 90s tonight i'll let this song speak for me

btw br17 or anyone else who cares.... did you know there's steel reserve 211 dark blackberry? since the original stuff tastes like what i'd assume "metal ass" tastes like, oh yeah, if i'm not gagging it's not some real malt liquor. i'll keep you informed, which is essentially my meta-commentary on this huge news about mcdoink heading over to the dark side of the force. or whatever you call getting in bed with kaplan aside form the usual "business expense"

We will await the review with baited breath.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

honestly, i think this is just WGN trying to "stir shit up" by grabbing menial score people. while you might be able to read/HOPE(in wgn's case) that finfer is a prelude to mac... ok then, what is mcknight a prelude to?

while i typically tend to be an open minded person and all that crap, ^^^^^that^^^^^ guy has nothing to tell me that i need to know for the course of my life. kind of like anybody outside of the medical profession who wears crocs. i can instantly eliminate them from the part of my mind that includes things that matter.

so yeah, this whole thing just wreaks of some sort of "HEY HEY NOTICE US OVER HERE WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!!!!" and since so many of us are bored witless (literally, there's dwindling showthreads everywhere. remember the old people's hour threads? or were those just 75% me?) with the current score lineup, it's fun to point out doom and gloom and etc... but even if they brought goff back (prolly the best move they could get aside from a current main host @ the score) it's a big ol case of "....so what?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
mcKnight just doesnt know that much about sports. he knows what he has watched, but thats about it.

he doesnt admit it though, he always tries to act like he is thinking about it then just agrees with a "yeah, I think thats right"

Its like IMU hosting a cooking show. he just wouldnt know what he is doing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

McNight and Finfer? That's who they got?

Let's be honest, it' cuz they're both cheap. Makes you wonder how little they were making at the SCORE. Cuz they only jump for a raise. Especailly Connor. Finfer makes sense. He was a producer. Connor was Host/update boy/reporter at the Score. You don't jump to the 3rd place station unless you go from 40k to 50k.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
finfer is good and is a great utlility. can host or REALLy produce.

Conor can have a show with Jordan Boringfield at 1 AM. Wow is that dude lame!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:

^^^^^that^^^^^ guy has nothing to tell me that i need to know for the course of my life.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 pm 

you know what really pisses me off about that mcknight picture?

his two logos of, well, geek logos is the fucking rebel alliance and wolverine. talk about milquetoast in terms of nerd/geek/etc shit.... you know, impress me dude, show some spine or something that's more superficial than picking up a copy of "LOL SOOOOO NERD XDDDDDDD FOR DUMMIES" and picking out two of the most easy shit. real simple stuff.

personally, as someone who was pretty nerdy/geeky when i was more of an overt consumer like that.... at least i have stuff that elicits a reaction. example when i go to electronic music show X and wanna trump everyone there, i drop the aphex twin shirt and wait for the inevitable 2-3 "holy shit that's an awesome shirt dude"s that i get. who the fuck is gonna come up to you and tell you that wearing a rebel alliance shirt? ever? anywhere? unless it's some heiferish/chick who wants to fuck you and is trying to score points, it ain't gonna happen mcdoink.

the one star wars shirt i almost/prolly-shoulda bought was the imperial version of that, aka the airbrushed/ish sprocket symbolizing the evil empire. see every dumbfuck and their lame friends wants to think they're rebels fighting the good fight against the system.... whereas someone who has a clue of what's going on laughs at their feeble attempts at "individuality" through en masse consumerism, if i were wearing the imperial shirt i'd shoot anyone like me a dirty look like "fuck you, i am the machine"

so yeah, just from one dumb picture (where i didn't even touch the "too rebel alliance to adhere to your imperial standards and shave" look) i can ascertain all that milquetoast. the guy literally eminates it. god bless ya connor i wish you well but comeon grow a spine/pair/etc and that's how you end up becoming the next mike north, not the next dan zampillo like following bernstein will get you to be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Geeks love tasteful sun-lit living rooms with aubergine-colored pillows for accents.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

To quote an old saying in sports when teams sign bad players... "If Finfer and McNight are the answer, what the hell was the question?"

Finfer: :shock:

McNight: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:28 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
So. .. you're saying he's a "Young Hub" then?

hey panther, i wanna ask you a profound philosophical/psychological question here: does "young hub" have an earring? why?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:39 am 

I actually heard this defection live on THE GAME in my car. I felt like a social media revolutionary during the Arab Spring. This news lands with a pasty, dull, insincere thud. Another fuckstick with unenlightened sports opinions gleaned from the mass media.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:46 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Zizou wrote:
I actually heard this defection live on THE GAME in my car. I felt like a social media revolutionary during the Arab Spring. This news lands with a pasty, dull, insincere thud. Another fuckstick with unenlightened sports opinions gleaned from the mass media.

They are cornering the market on fucksticks,young & old.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
you know what really pisses me off about that mcknight picture?

his two logos of, well, geek logos is the fucking rebel alliance and wolverine. talk about milquetoast in terms of nerd/geek/etc shit.... you know, impress me dude, show some spine or something that's more superficial than picking up a copy of "LOL SOOOOO NERD XDDDDDDD FOR DUMMIES" and picking out two of the most easy shit. real simple stuff.

personally, as someone who was pretty nerdy/geeky when i was more of an overt consumer like that.... at least i have stuff that elicits a reaction. example when i go to electronic music show X and wanna trump everyone there, i drop the aphex twin shirt and wait for the inevitable 2-3 "holy shit that's an awesome shirt dude"s that i get. who the fuck is gonna come up to you and tell you that wearing a rebel alliance shirt? ever? anywhere? unless it's some heiferish/chick who wants to fuck you and is trying to score points, it ain't gonna happen mcdoink.

the one star wars shirt i almost/prolly-shoulda bought was the imperial version of that, aka the airbrushed/ish sprocket symbolizing the evil empire. see every dumbfuck and their lame friends wants to think they're rebels fighting the good fight against the system.... whereas someone who has a clue of what's going on laughs at their feeble attempts at "individuality" through en masse consumerism, if i were wearing the imperial shirt i'd shoot anyone like me a dirty look like "fuck you, i am the machine"

so yeah, just from one dumb picture (where i didn't even touch the "too rebel alliance to adhere to your imperial standards and shave" look) i can ascertain all that milquetoast. the guy literally eminates it. god bless ya connor i wish you well but comeon grow a spine/pair/etc and that's how you end up becoming the next mike north, not the next dan zampillo like following bernstein will get you to be.

Hell, I just assumed he was at Leery's house having coffee when this was taken.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
I'm picking up on the vast quantities of defections from espn. Hood's not biting this time...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
One thing's for sure...he made the most out of winning that stupid contest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
This is so awesome. They are taking away all the WORST 'SCR stuff. I love THE GAME!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 am 

Another station and management is still trying to look for the next Mike Greenberg rather than the next Mike North

For fucks sake men, are you afraid of success?

You have an absolutely blank canvas to work with. Don't draw me a color by numbers picture!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

honestly, i think this is just WGN trying to "stir shit up" by grabbing menial score people. while you might be able to read/HOPE(in wgn's case) that finfer is a prelude to mac... ok then, what is mcknight a prelude to?

while i typically tend to be an open minded person and all that crap, ^^^^^that^^^^^ guy has nothing to tell me that i need to know for the course of my life. kind of like anybody outside of the medical profession who wears crocs. i can instantly eliminate them from the part of my mind that includes things that matter.

so yeah, this whole thing just wreaks of some sort of "HEY HEY NOTICE US OVER HERE WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!!!!" and since so many of us are bored witless (literally, there's dwindling showthreads everywhere. remember the old people's hour threads? or were those just 75% me?) with the current score lineup, it's fun to point out doom and gloom and etc... but even if they brought goff back (prolly the best move they could get aside from a current main host @ the score) it's a big ol case of "....so what?"

HOLY CRAP. Is that what you look like when you're prepping to become Marc Maron? Good God. I realized that I've never seen a picture of this sighing, exasperated pudwhack....and, wow.

I don't know anything about this new station, really, but thank you. The less McDoink I have to hear, the better. Now get Larry, and we'll be good to go.