It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hood
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:21 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
But.....back to topic.....I wish Hood was back on the Score or on the new station. It kills me that Leary is still on the Score and Hoody isn't.

Not interested sign is out for Hood. Truth be told , Id take Leery over him.

Holmes is by far the worst host in Chicago and probably the country.

You apparently haven't listened to sports radio in other cities. I'm in Minneapolis now & was in Wisconsin yesterday & I heard some God awful spots radio guys a lot worse than Loho.

I believe there is another board to discuss this type of thing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:23 am 

bigfan wrote:
HOOD was 'rehired" by ESPN, so someone thought he was OK.

And I really do think Mac and Mully are much better team players than people think.

What made Hood a bad team player was literally putting down Telander every single day.

The REAL problem with the Telander debacle was that Telander was management's pet project. They were shifting to having big name reporters hosting in response to Mariotti's increased popularity. Hood shit on that plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

And I really do think Mac and Mully are much better team players than people think.

What made Hood a bad team player was literally putting down Telander every single day.

The REAL problem with the Telander debacle was that Telander was management's pet project. They were shifting to having big name reporters hosting in response to Mariotti's increased popularity. Hood shit on that plan.

Telander wanted to be the smarmy teacher that knew a little more than everyone else. Hood shot him down. That was outstanding. WSCR misfired on all cylinders on that show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
yeah actually i take back what i said about goffralopithicus being the biggest "GET" that the game can get, it's hood. and thats not a fat joke, i mean that hood is a proven commodity (and goff prolly still isnt, at least in the chi market) but call it a hunch goff isnt gonna wanna risk his CBS ties and maybe burn a bridge cuz no doubt he wants to stay in the CBS family that way should mac go and/or terry retire he's basically been in radio-AAA/minor-leagues getting some "seasoning" so he can be the prodigal son and return back to the CBS chicago station, aka the score, even tho over time they want us to know it's CBS CHICAGO > THE SCORE, cuz more and more its getting obvious to me that "the score" was some idealistic indie station that started up in 1992, and today's station is the CBS SPORTS RADIO CHICAGO BRANCH that just bought out the score name/brand wholesale when they realized that sports talk radio is a perfectly cromulent format for their AM gabbers.

til then, wake me up til THE GAME declares war on the score and gets grobber. just imagine if les wasnt marooned on overnights.... tho actually i dont think he'd want a "normal time" show cuz the man doesnt sleep and he loves being able to press pass @ day/night games and still be able to work. but grobber is a perfectly populist talk show that hearkens back to the old "THE SCORE" aka "the voice of the fans" days and not today's corporate MONETIZE. EVERYTHING. / REALLY. SMART. PEOPLE. / GOOD. MONIED. PEOPLE. corporate/ownership worship led by FOTStein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 am 

Scooter wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Telander wanted to be the smarmy teacher that knew a little more than everyone else. Hood shot him down. That was outstanding. WSCR misfired on all cylinders on that show.

It would have taken care of itself. That was pretty obvious within a week or so of the show beginnings. Hood unnecessarily torpedoed it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Mariotti went on to TV, with a set backdrop built at the Sun-Times. Mariotti still wants to be heard, despite a laundry list of incidents (and people) to hinder him. Telander wasn't interested in radio and only wants to work about an hour a day. Hood just wasn't toeing the company line about Telander's (lack of) work ethic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
sinicalypse wrote:
til then, wake me up til THE GAME declares war on the score and gets grobber. just imagine if les wasnt marooned on overnights.... tho actually i dont think he'd want a "normal time" show cuz the man doesnt sleep and he loves being able to press pass @ day/night games and still be able to work. but grobber is a perfectly populist talk show that hearkens back to the old "THE SCORE" aka "the voice of the fans" days and not today's corporate MONETIZE. EVERYTHING. / REALLY. SMART. PEOPLE. / GOOD. MONIED. PEOPLE. corporate/ownership worship led by FOTStein

Grobstein had a show on AM1000 in '93, '94, or thereabouts that started at noon or 1:00.