It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
So Mac once again busting out his opinion that he would rather see the Cubs win the World Series than the White Sox. His reasons are that his wife and many friends haven't seen one and he would like them to, it's a big missing piece in general of the city's sports resume, etc.

Then people justifiably call him out on him insisting he's a Sox fan and still having this opinion, and his rebuttal is that he doesn't have the "second team complex" anymore, and that nothing would top '05, and that he doesn't care about the meatball "rivalry" between the fan bases.

I don't care about the crosstown bullshit either, and I also wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs win the WS. But I believe that it's basically impossible to call yourself a fan of a team without actually preferring that team to win the championship every year. So yeah, I wouldn't take away his Sox Fan Card for wishing the Cubs success, but I would take it away because if you don't want the Sox to win the WS, then you're not a Sox fan. It really is that simple.

Mac was a Cub fan in his youth and went thru 1969 so he switched.

He was never really a Sox fan in the truest sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:45 pm 

Mac is a bandwagon fan. When the Sox are in contention again he will become a fan boy. Same thing with the Bears. He is all about hockey now while the Hawks are real good. When they go through another down cycle he will suddenly become just a "hockey" fan

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yeah, I've been listening to him long enough to know all of that, his mancrush on Billy Williams, etc. My point was then don't call yourself a Sox fan, and he still identifies himself as one. I'm not big on telling fans how they need to act or think, but it's just disingenuous. On top of that, he was complaining on-air about Sox fans getting on him for his opinion. "Well if you feel the need to take away my Sox Fan card...." I just don't understand why he even self-identifies as a Sox fan. That coupled with him commenting on how great '05 was just makes him look like a fairweather fence rider who wants the best of both worlds.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Mac is a bandwagon fan. When the Sox are in contention again he will become a fan boy. Same thing with the Bears. He is all about hockey now while the Hawks are real good. When they go through another down cycle he will suddenly become just a "hockey" fan

I don't entirely disagree with this, but he's been saying for years now that he would rather see the Cubs win the WS than the Sox, and he always acts confused about why Sox fans would tell him that's he's not actually a Sox fan if he believes that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, I've been listening to him long enough to know all of that, his mancrush on Billy Williams, etc. My point was then don't call yourself a Sox fan, and he still identifies himself as one. I'm not big on telling fans how they need to act or think, but it's just disingenuous. On top of that, he was complaining on-air about Sox fans getting on him for his opinion. "Well if you feel the need to take away my Sox Fan card...." I just don't understand why he even self-identifies as a Sox fan. That coupled with him commenting on how great '05 was just makes him look like a fairweather fence rider who wants the best of both worlds.

That isn't a run of the mill mancrush, I'm sure he has spent many a night lusting after Billy's "WonderBat" and dreaming about playing "Grab Billy's Dong" in a locker room shower somewhere in Highland.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac is too lazy to be a diehard fan of any team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:02 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I felt really confident when I clicked on it that this would be the post where Gloop changes his tune on Mac.

Aren't we getting to the point in the movie where Mac does something that makes Gloop reevaluate everything he's ever thought about Mac and start to see all the great things about Mac prior them becoming the greatest of friends? Because Act I of this flick is really taking a while.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Gloop's a Mac mult: he's controlling the counter-narrative to his heroic epic.