It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bernsteinization
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
I just heard Adam Hog and whichever generic bernstein clone was on with him interviewing Mike DeCourcy. (DeCourcy didn't know who the other guy was either as he referred to him as "the other host". :lol: ) They ostensibly had him on to talk college hoops but they immediately tried to get into where Doug McDermott would be drafted. DeCourcy smacked them down. When they hung up, naturally they started making fun of him. They were saying that their listeners are far more interested in draft position than in Creighton basketball. Uh, are you sure about that, boneheads?

Look, I know you aspire to be bernstein and the NBA is bernstein's favorite sport, but the NCAA tournament is far more popular than the stupid ass NBA. It was fun listening to DeCourcy wang-whip you douchebags though.

Post subject: Re: bernsteinization
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I just heard Adam Hog and whichever generic bernstein clone was on with him interviewing Mike DeCourcy. (DeCourcy didn't know who the other guy was either as he referred to him as "the other host". :lol: ) They ostensibly had him on to talk college hoops but they immediately tried to get into where Doug McDermott would be drafted. DeCourcy smacked them down. When they hung up, naturally they started making fun of him. They were saying that their listeners are far more interested in draft position than in Creighton basketball. Uh, are you sure about that, boneheads?

Look, I know you aspire to be bernstein and the NBA is bernstein's favorite sport, but the NCAA tournament is far more popular than the stupid ass NBA. It was fun listening to DeCourcy wang-whip you douchebags though.

At this point, I'd be more impressed if someone tried to emulate Boers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
but the NCAA tournament is far more popular than the stupid ass NBA.

I wonder if that'd be the case if the NBA playoffs were happening @ the same time.

:lol: @ LYK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Colonel Angus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I wonder if that'd be the case if the NBA playoffs were happening @ the same time.

I certainly think it would. Ironically, the very thing li'l danny loves about the NBA and its playoffs is the same thing that makes it so damn boring. If we know who the best team is, and we know they're going to win, why watch? If we are already 95% certain of the end result then it just comes down to watching circus performance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I certainly think it would. Ironically, the very thing li'l danny loves about the NBA and its playoffs is the same thing that makes it so damn boring. If we know who the best team is, and we know they're going to win, why watch? If we are already 95% certain of the end result then it just comes down to watching circus performance.

Or as Burt Wolfe would say "bread and circuses".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
It was a great time for either of these guys to make a name for themselves instead of being "The other host"

They had a list of criticisms for Decourcy after they got off the phone with him and for the next hour, but not one brought up during the call.

Yet, I bet both would be happy to rip into Jon from Berwyn and pull the tough guy HANG UP move.

Shep Hawg....dont be a pussy! This would have been the time to step up and get a name.

Maybe next time. if there is a next time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
So it's come to this? Nick Shepkowski knowing more than his guests? Unless the topic is, say, "Casey's General Store locations," I don't think that's likely for The Pride Of Coal City.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
that guy used to be north's college basketball expert... if it werent for gambling no one would give two craps about the NCAA toruney

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

billypootons wrote:
that guy used to be north's college basketball expert... if it werent for gambling no one would give two craps about the NCAA toruney

So it's like the NFL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The only reason there's bernsteinization is because he's got no partner, or at least one that hasn't been programmed to parrot everything he says. No checks and balances breeds the type of megalomania we see from the all knowing one.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:38 pm 
So now Mac's AP is a Bernstein guy. Did this board wake up and drink a big vat of stupid juice today?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Baby McNown wrote:
So now Mac's AP is a Bernstein guy. Did this board wake up and drink a big vat of stupid juice today?

Unless you listened to the segment, shut the fuck up. I didn't even know it was Shepkowski, but the show was in full bernstein mode.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
They were saying that their listeners are far more interested in draft position than in Creighton basketball.
Anyone who watches college basketball because they are interested in draft position is doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Baby McNown wrote:

so wait a minute, just because score producer/host X happens to be mac's producer we're going to overlook the thing where basically 95% of the score's producer/fill-in-hosts are bernstein clones? (wayne randazzo being my #1 guy who isn't, however since he's intelligent and confident i've heard him be called a bernstein clone by scorehead or someone, so what do i know?)

yeah man, i think what they're getting at is that all of these producers/lesser-score-guys see bernstein's reign as FOTStein and therefore try to emulate his mannerisms when they get a chance to host a show. bernstein, for better or (mainly) worse has convinced everyone at the station that the thing to do when you get your own show is tower above all of your guests (and especially callers) because they're all idiots unless they're in complete lockstep with your talking points (and believe you bernstein has them, seeing as his "rosebud" is that he imitates skip bayless nowadays.... except instead of embracing debate dan takes it to the level and says THERE IS NO [DEBATE/ARGUMENT] HERE!!!!!!!!!!" --- he must have been a natural on his high school debate team.

so yeah man, even tho "six feathers" or whatever is a mac guy.... i think the point being made here is that when he gets a chance to host a show he's buddying up with the other avowedly-bernstein-clone and doing the bernstein clone schtick where they're way up there and we're all down here because when you have the 50kw torch of truth in your hands, duh, you're right because your voice is echoing across ~40% of america + the internet when it gets dark out. and they'll always mix in the calls to be tinny and obviously not as robust-sounding as the hosts because that's a poignant metaphor for what's going on here: THE HOST IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

btw, did i miss something where lately it's been baby mac vs the board lately? he seems to have that whole tupacian "it's just me against the world" thing embraced and i'm wondering what we as a board did to him to warrant this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:58 pm 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Unless you listened to the segment, shut the fuck up. I didn't even know it was Shepkowski, but the show was in full bernstein mode.

You called a MAC guy a BERNSTEIN clone. Thinking I'm not the one that needs to shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:00 pm 
sinicalypse wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

so wait a minute, just because score producer/host X happens to be mac's producer we're going to overlook the thing where basically 95% of the score's producer/fill-in-hosts are bernstein clones? (wayne randazzo being my #1 guy who isn't, however since he's intelligent and confident i've heard him be called a bernstein clone by scorehead or someone, so what do i know?)

yeah man, i think what they're getting at is that all of these producers/lesser-score-guys see bernstein's reign as FOTStein and therefore try to emulate his mannerisms when they get a chance to host a show. bernstein, for better or (mainly) worse has convinced everyone at the station that the thing to do when you get your own show is tower above all of your guests (and especially callers) because they're all idiots unless they're in complete lockstep with your talking points (and believe you bernstein has them, seeing as his "rosebud" is that he imitates skip bayless nowadays.... except instead of embracing debate dan takes it to the level and says THERE IS NO [DEBATE/ARGUMENT] HERE!!!!!!!!!!" --- he must have been a natural on his high school debate team.

so yeah man, even tho "six feathers" or whatever is a mac guy.... i think the point being made here is that when he gets a chance to host a show he's buddying up with the other avowedly-bernstein-clone and doing the bernstein clone schtick where they're way up there and we're all down here because when you have the 50kw torch of truth in your hands, duh, you're right because your voice is echoing across ~40% of america + the internet when it gets dark out. and they'll always mix in the calls to be tinny and obviously not as robust-sounding as the hosts because that's a poignant metaphor for what's going on here: THE HOST IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

btw, did i miss something where lately it's been baby mac vs the board lately? he seems to have that whole tupacian "it's just me against the world" thing embraced and i'm wondering what we as a board did to him to warrant this.

Well let's start from the top here smart guy. 95% of the fill in hosts. So let's see.. you already said Randazzo wasn't. Grote certainly isn't. Rozner certainly isn't. Zawaski when he get's airtime isn't. So now please list for me 95 other people who do fill in / weekend hosting duties at WSCR. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:03 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Well let's start from the top here smart guy. 95% of the fill in hosts. So let's see.. you already said Randazzo wasn't. Grote certainly isn't. Rozner certainly isn't. Zawaski when he get's airtime isn't. So now please list for me 95 other people who do fill in / weekend hosting duties at WSCR. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

no, see, this is exactly my point.... why are you running around like a pissed off headless chicken all gruff and yelling at people like LISTEN SMART GUY [you're wrong] in under 1-2mins from my posting?

what happened with you? why are you at war with the board? my apologies for generalizing about score hosts, i'll have to make a mental note to have my stat department put in some overtime for my future posts because baby mcnown might be around and he doesn't fuck around with "generalizations."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:07 pm 
sinicalypse wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

no, see, this is exactly my point.... why are you running around like a pissed off headless chicken all gruff and yelling at people like LISTEN SMART GUY [you're wrong] in under 1-2mins from my posting?

what happened with you? why are you at war with the board? my apologies for generalizing about score hosts, i'll have to make a mental note to have my stat department put in some overtime for my future posts because baby mcnown might be around and he doesn't fuck around with "generalizations."

You wrote 3 paragraphs about how I'm wrong and a penis, and started it off by using completely a completely over inflated statement just to make you look right. So either list 95 other fill in hosts or shut the fuck up.

Maybe you've been gone the past couple weeks. I've been getting along with everybody (Chas excluded) just fine. If you want to come be a penis I have no issue going full BMac on you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
randazzler has the personality of bernstein with the intelligence of Drinky. not a good combo. this afternoon was unbelievably bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

You called a MAC guy a BERNSTEIN clone. Thinking I'm not the one that needs to shut the fuck up.

Why would that be so impossible?
It's pretty clear that channeling Bernstein is how one gets ahead at 'SCR. Why is it impossible that Shep would do this as well?

And given what it sounds like he was doing, the OP appears to be onto something.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:25 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
You wrote 3 paragraphs about how I'm wrong and a penis, and started it off by using completely a completely over inflated statement just to make you look right. So either list 95 other fill in hosts or shut the fuck up.

Maybe you've been gone the past couple weeks. I've been getting along with everybody (Chas excluded) just fine. If you want to come be a penis I have no issue going full BMac on you.

see there's your first issue, in that it's not some personal "OOOOH HOW CAN I MAKE BABY MCNOWN LOOK LIKE A PENIS" thing (as an aside, i do find it kind of amusing that you have dick on your mind but that's neither here nor there) ---- i reckon my quest was a bit SHARKian in that i was trying to provide some truth/iness that, yes, was contrary to your statement (which was kind of patently wrong and in and of itself a generalization that because shep is a mac guy he's =/= a berstein clone simply because he's a mac guy. if i have to come up with 95 names or "shut the fuck up" then isn't the onus on you to provide some proof for your claim that shep hosting a solo show isn't a bernstein clone or then you have to shut the fuck up?)

and yeah, see, i reckon that you're taking things a bit too personal which means nothing good can come around raging at people calling them names and saying "I'M RIGHT, AND UNLESS YOU PROVIDE CATEGORICAL EVIDENCE OF MY WRONGNESS (WHICH OBVIOUSLY MEANS YOU THINK I'M A PIECE OF SHIT, BTW), SHUT THE FUCK UP

i don't know you from a hole in the ground. i don't know if you're a penis, vagina, taint, asshole, elbow, kidney, or even a giant can of spicy spam that managed to become self-aware and then started posting on the CSFMB because it seemed like the thing to do at the time. as such, i don't have any sort of referendum on you and/or your magnanimous presence so uhhh i reckon we're taking the long way around to that place where i "shut the fuck up" because i really don't care to go and look up every score host and then rank them on a scale of 1 to bernstein in terms of their bernstein cloneyness because i have to reach the 95% barrier to avoid SHUTTING THE FUCK UP.

my generalization is that a significant # of the score producers/fill-in-hosts, or should i say a majority? no, because i can then see a reponse like PROVE THAT NO LESS THAN 51% OF SCORE PRODUCERS ARE BERNSTEIN CLONES STOP CALLING ME A GIANT THROBBING SAVORY COCK AND THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP.... whatever man. those connor mcdoinks, joe ostrowskis, <RussMitera> ADAM HOG-s.... those guys are cut from the cloth that is bernstein and as beardown has stated numerous times on here they think that emulating bernstein and his schtick is the way to success at the station, which makes many of us roll our eyes and go whatever.... kind of like when we're being accused of calling somebody a penis and then being told to drop our bibliographies or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

whatever it is man, i hope you level it out and get back to a more easygoing relationship with the board cuz like i said b4, taking every post personal like disagreeing with what you said = a giant referendum on you as a person.... welp, that's going to be a long painful route that likely isn't fun for a bunch of people (see, i didn't say "most" people there cuz then i'd have to go PM every poster on the board and ask them if baby mcnown's recent aggresion has been a fun read for them lately. and then if i don't hit that magic 51% threshold then you know that big ol SHUT THE FUCK UP is lurking...) and yeah.

ok i'm going to SHUT THE FUCK UP now. and since this is clearly a righteous control mechanism with you, i want you to know that i am SHUTTING THE FUCK UP and leaving this thread alone after this post simply because you are right/alpha/awesome and i am wrong/beta/a-bitch. and really, that's the big point that we're trying to prove here, right?

take care and be excelent, my non-penis brother in CSFMB posting arms!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:26 pm 
What the fuck is wrong with you man?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
sinicalypse wrote:
GIANT THROBBING SAVORY COCK!

:lol:
woah.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Might be in a lot of these guys' best professional interests to act like and cozy up to Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Bucky Chris wrote:
Might be in a lot of these guys' best professional interests to act like and cozy up to Bernstein.

Bernstein himself said he will never try to help a coworker out professionally. So I'm not sure about that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Bernstein himself said he will never try to help a coworker out professionally. So I'm not sure about that.

Well, I haven't heard that before, but I guess it could be true. But that said, The Score seems to like Bernstein's personality and it gets good ratings and has for a long time. So again, it might be a good personality to borrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:41 pm 

The problem is there's 12 of them at the station, and I can't even tell them apart. If just one of them had an ounce of their own personality and it was even mildly interesting, they would separate themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Bucky Chris wrote:
Well, I haven't heard that before, but I guess it could be true.

He said it when Jason got the Atlanta job. He was proud that unlike SOME PEOPLE AT THE SCORE, he never tried to help people and never will.

Quote:
But that said, The Score seems to like Bernstein's personality and it gets good ratings and has for a long time. So again, it might be a good personality to borrow.

I like ice cream, but I don't want to eat it thirty times a week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Bucky Chris wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

Well, I haven't heard that before, but I guess it could be true. But that said, The Score seems to like Bernstein's personality and it gets good ratings and has for a long time. So again, it might be a good personality to borrow.

BernSTINE is a huge piece of shit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:47 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:

BernSTINE is a huge piece of shit.

Good point.